View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 21st, 2014, 4:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Sit or Start 
Color Commentator - John Madden

Post Sit or Start
I thought I would start a thread for anyone with questions on Fantasy Football starts or sits. So here we go.

I need 3 RB's this week to start.
1. Chris Johnson @ Bengals
2. Reggie Bush @ Washington
3.Pierre Thomas @ Washington
4. Thomas Jones vs New England
5. Joseph Addai @ Minnesota

I'm leaning towards the top 3. It may be risky starting 2 R.B.'s from the same team but you never know and Jones and Addai face tough defenses especially against the run.

Thoughts????

September 11th, 2008, 10:40 pm
QB Coach

I'd go with CJ and Bush and after that flip a coin. Thomas might not get as much work now that Stecker is back and you never know with Deuce. Jones is facing a tough NE defense and Addai is facing a tough Minny D. So that third spot is really a tossup between Addai and Jones.

September 12th, 2008, 3:35 pm
I'd go with CJ and Bush and after that flip a coin. Thomas might not get as much work now that Stecker is back and you never know with Deuce. Jones is facing a tough NE defense and Addai is facing a tough Minny D. So that third spot is really a tossup between Addai and Jones.

I agree 100%

Here's my options, tell me what you think...

RB
Steven Jackson
Maurice Jones-Drew
Thomas Jones (had a good week last week, and I sat him!!! grrrrhhh)

TE
Dallas Clark (hurt)
Ben Watson (hurt)
*** Given that it looks like I'm going to have to pick up a TE, here are my options:
Royal, Robert TE BUF
Scaife, Bo TE TEN
McMichael, Randy TE STL
Scheffler, Tony TE DEN
Clark, Desmond TE CHI

I'm leaning towards Royal, Scaife, or Clark... Should be a 1 week thing...

WR
Roy Williams
TJ WHO'SYAMAMMA
Roddy White
Derrick Mason

DST
Ravens (Play @ Houston)
Packers (Play @ Detroit)

September 12th, 2008, 4:00 pm

Ok guys I need a RB this week. Do I start Reggie Bush @ Denver or Thomas Jones @ San Diego? I'm leaning towards Bush right now, what does everyone else think?

September 20th, 2008, 3:51 pm
Walk On

I'd say Bush. Denver was horrible stoping San Diego's backup scroles lastweek and Reggie is a better player than Darren is. Plus Brees is without Colston for a bit and will look for Reggie outa the backfield.

Jones isnt a bad play either. San Diego's D is pretty holey right now.

What I cant decide is whether to start Julius Jones or Steven Jackson. any suggestions?

Frank Gore is my other back and sure as heck aient gonna sit him :)

September 20th, 2008, 5:30 pm

Jake Delhomme vs. Falcons
JT O'Sullivan @ Saints
Matt Schaub @ Jags

I started Delhomme the last 2 weeks and he killed me with not even putting up a full one point combined. But he is at home this week. On the other hand JT has palyed well and we all know Martz's QB's usually put up good numbers. Schaub I'm not really considering. Well what do you guys think?

September 24th, 2008, 11:11 pm
Ok for wk 3 WHo do I start at QB?
Jake Delhomme vs. Falcons
JT O'Sullivan @ Saints
Matt Schaub @ Jags

I started Delhomme the last 2 weeks and he killed me with not even putting up a full one point combined. But he is at home this week. On the other hand JT has palyed well and we all know Martz's QB's usually put up good numbers. Schaub I'm not really considering. Well what do you guys think?

I agree with you in def. not starting Schaub vs the Jags.

The other two I see as a toss-up. I can say that I am starting JT, but more because Hasselback is on a bye week than anything else. I only have two Qbs. I think it matters most which falcons team shows up... If they run the ball and get up by a couple of scores I think it will help Delhomme's numbers... Otherwise they seem too intent on running the ball (but they're damn good at it, you can't blame them!)...

That said, I agree with you about Martz and think that JT will get his numbers regardless, so I'd go with him if I were you.

September 25th, 2008, 1:48 pm
RIP Killer

JT is going to get more passes, good or bad I'm not sure. Not too many interceptions so far for a Lions reject...

Last year the Saints D just could not stop the Pass. This year they are ranked 29th in passing defense. I would not hesitate to start JT over the other two.

September 25th, 2008, 1:58 pm
Walk On

Feeling better osu fan now that USC got shutup. 8)

Anyway. I would and am going with JT. Delhome has a good matchup against a young secondary and has Steve Smith back but everyone knows how bad the saints d is.

Seeking advice :oops: which D would you guys go with. Philly's D vrs Chicago or Baltimore's D vrs Pitt?

September 26th, 2008, 1:15 pm

I would have to say Philly. Outside the Cowboys game they have shut down opposing offenses and Chicago isn't known for their offense.

September 26th, 2008, 9:33 pm

OR

Thomas Jones at home against Az?

I'm thinking the Jets are going to win handedly and Jones should get some good carries. The Rams have been terrible, but Jackson is probably a better back...

September 28th, 2008, 12:39 pm
QB Coach

I know its too late to help but I had that same situation in a league and I went with Jones over Jackson.

September 28th, 2008, 1:01 pm
Pretty easy week regarding decisions for me...

BTW... I started Steven Jackson last week over T. Jones... GREAT MOVE!!!.... Sorry Inherited!!!

This week...
I'm starting Kyle Orton over Matt Hassleback. Orton is playing the LIONS while Matt is playing NYG on the road. The "guru" tells me I'm wrong. Says that Orton is only going to have 5 points, while Hasselbeck is going to have 13, but I don't think they're factoring the "Lions factor" in there!

That said, my only other decision is kind of a tough one, but it involves a kicker, so it's not HUGE...
Steven Gostowski NE against SF

OR

Josh Scobe JAK against PITT

Both are solid kickers and both have been tearin' it up!!! Scobe has been more solid and JAK has been in a ton of close games, two of which Scobe has won for them. I wish these doods got extra points for GW FG's... I'd be OWNING!!!...

That said, I'm thinking the Pat's may score more against SF???

Thoughts???

October 1st, 2008, 3:11 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

wjb, I'd go with Scobee since I could see Jax kicking a lot of FGs having to play against the Steeler run defense. NE, on the other hand, will probably be scoring more TDs than FGs against the 49ers.

The first rule of fantasy football is ALWAYS play the offensive skill players that are lucky enough to be playing against the Lions that week, so start Orton. Unfortunately, Forte is the only Bear player that I have on any of my rosters, so I can't load up like I usually try to do.

October 2nd, 2008, 7:56 am
wjb, I'd go with Scobee since I could see Jax kicking a lot of FGs having to play against the Steeler run defense. NE, on the other hand, will probably be scoring more TDs than FGs against the 49ers.

The first rule of fantasy football is ALWAYS play the offensive skill players that are lucky enough to be playing against the Lions that week, so start Orton. Unfortunately, Forte is the only Bear player that I have on any of my rosters, so I can't load up like I usually try to do.

Orton was a FA... I picked him up just because he was playing the Lions. I did it with O'Sullivan too, and it worked GREAT!!!

:idea: :arrow:

October 2nd, 2008, 2:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next