View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 5:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Weekend of upset? 
RIP Killer

Post Weekend of upset?
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/overview?weekNumber=5

Well it looks like OSU is not the only team with hiccups. Georgia got rocked by Alabama, Georgia deserves to slide under OSU and USC on the fall. A handful of top ten teams had upsets also. OSU is the only one to lose to a top rated team. (Im not advocating OSU go up to 1-2, just mid top ten)

September 28th, 2008, 8:26 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Steensn, I really don't believe OSU should move up much in the polls after getting destroyed by USC and then not looking that great against Minnesota. If they end up higher than 10th, I'll be shocked.

It was a crazy week of college football and kinda reminded me of last season when there were upsets galore. Perhaps, teams are finally becoming more equal due to less scholarships and more quality players coming out of HS. I don't know how else to explain it.

September 28th, 2008, 10:03 am
OSU's "only" loss to "top rated team" (which is ALSO the ONLY ranked team that they've played so far, if I'm not mistakin') is, IMO, a farce.

I don't think it was an accident that USC lost. I think BOTH squads, OSU and USC, are over-rated. It should shake out that the USC's loss hurts OSU in that it will reduce even further OSU's strength of schedule.

September 28th, 2008, 12:42 pm
RIP Killer

OSU's "only" loss to "top rated team" (which is ALSO the ONLY ranked team that they've played so far, if I'm not mistakin') is, IMO, a farce.

I don't think it was an accident that USC lost. I think BOTH squads, OSU and USC, are over-rated. It should shake out that the USC's loss hurts OSU in that it will reduce even further OSU's strength of schedule.

Come on... USC isn't overrated. They destroyed two good teams and came into Beavers home turf and from what I heard didn't play with heart. College football is getting more even, I think sly is onto something. OSU played well against Minnesota, they allowed second and third string guys to play late and Minnesota scored some points.

September 28th, 2008, 1:59 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Well, OSU is 12th in one poll and 14th in the other. That's about where I figured they'd be.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

September 28th, 2008, 7:40 pm
RIP Killer

Crazy, I don't anyone expected the top 25 to look like this!!!

September 29th, 2008, 7:59 am
Rookie Player of the Year

I might be the only other OSU fan on this site and I have to say they are about right where they should be at this point. If anythign they should be ahead of an underperforming Auburn team. I do believe however they should of dropped USC one or two more spots and put the 5-0 Bulls ahead of them. They haven't really played anyone but they are 5-0 and looked pretty good for the most part in their wins. Another thing is that with a weak Big East this year they now have a good shot to run the table if they don't get caught looking ahead.

I'm also not sure I would of dropped Georgia below USC after this weekend. They both played sloppy uninspired football this weekend but Georgia was at least playing a highly ranked team and came out in the second half looking like the team they were suppose to be.

Which brings me to bring up how absurd it is to rank these teams before the third or fourth week of the season. When teams start out ranked near the bottom or not ranked at all its a lot harder for them to climb than it is for a high ranked team to stumble and regain their spot.

September 29th, 2008, 5:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]