View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 18th, 2014, 11:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Hall of Shame : The NFL's Bad Boys 
RIP Killer

INCINNATI (AP) -The Cincinnati Bengals have released wide receiver Chris Henry after his fifth arrest since 2005.

The 24-year-old Henry was in Hamilton County Jail pending a court appearance Thursday after being accused of punching an 18-year-old man in the face and breaking his car window with a beer bottle. Police said he surrendered after a warrant was issued for his arrest on charges of misdemeanor assault and criminal damaging.

Bengals president Mike Brown said in a statement that Henry had forfeited his career with the club.

Henry was suspended by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell for the first half of last season for repeatedly violating the league's conduct policy.

April 3rd, 2008, 12:26 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

April 3rd, 2008, 12:31 pm
QB Coach

Quote:
INCINNATI (AP) -The Cincinnati Bengals have released wide receiver Chris Henry after his fifth arrest since 2005.

The 24-year-old Henry was in Hamilton County Jail pending a court appearance Thursday after being accused of punching an 18-year-old man in the face and breaking his car window with a beer bottle. Police said he surrendered after a warrant was issued for his arrest on charges of misdemeanor assault and criminal damaging.

Bengals president Mike Brown said in a statement that Henry had forfeited his career with the club.

Henry was suspended by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell for the first half of last season for repeatedly violating the league's conduct policy.

He's an idiot and should be banned.

April 3rd, 2008, 1:26 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I'd be very surprised if Henry didn't get suspended for atleast a year this time around. And as a result, I believe that his career is pretty much over now.

April 3rd, 2008, 4:44 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Post Loser!
slybri19 wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Quote:

He's an idiot and should be banned.

I'd be very surprised if Henry didn't get suspended for atleast a year this time around. And as a result, I believe that his career is pretty much over now.

I agree completely!!

He's a loser who's waisted his time in the NFL, Made tons of coin he's not mature enough to manage properly and will blow it. And I'm certain he's out of the NFL for at least a year.

EDIT:

Detroit News wrote:
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Bengals cut receiver Henry after fifth arrest
Associated Press

CINCINNATI -- The Cincinnati Bengals decided they've had enough of Chris Henry's legal problems, cutting the wide receiver after his fifth arrest since 2005.

Henry was in the Hamilton County jail pending a court appearance Thursday after being accused of punching an 18-year-old man in the face and breaking his car window with a beer bottle. Police said Henry surrendered after a warrant was issued for his arrest on charges of misdemeanor assault and criminal damaging.

Bengals president Mike Brown said Thursday in a statement that Henry had forfeited his career with the club.

"His conduct can no longer be tolerated," Brown said.

Henry was arrested four times between December 2005 and June 2006, for possession of marijuana in northern Kentucky, carrying a concealed weapon in Florida, drunken driving in Ohio and providing alcohol to minors in northern Kentucky.

A Multi state offender!

What was he doing giving alcohol to minors? What a loser!

April 3rd, 2008, 5:18 pm
Profile WWW
NFL Team Captain

You gotta believe that unless he is banned for life, as long as he can catch a ball someone will offer him more money than any of us make. ie, Al Davis or the WWE. :roll:

April 4th, 2008, 7:31 am
Pro Bowl Player

Cedric Benson not only sucks, but he's an idiot.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ch ... 7566.story

Quote:
Cedric Benson arrested on drunken-driving charge
Tribune staff report
10:10 AM CDT, June 7, 2008

Chicago Bears running back Cedric Benson was arrested and charged overnight with drunken driving in downtown Austin, according to a report published this morning in the Austin American-Statesman.

According to the article, Austin police said Benson was stopped overnight at 5th and Colorado Streets for a traffic violation and refused a breathalyzer and blood test.

He was arrested and taken to the Travis County Jail, the paper reported.

Benson is already facing a June 30 court date after his May 3 arrest in Texas for boating while intoxicated and resisting arrest.

Benson receives another court date: June 30 Bears officials were aware of this latest incident and were expected to address the media about situation this morning.

I'll make a call ... Shawn Alexander to the Bears.

June 7th, 2008, 11:40 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Bears send home Benson, later release troubled running back
By John Clayton
ESPN.com
(Archive)
Updated: June 10, 2008, 3:11 AM ET

Bears Waive Benson Following Latest ArrestAfter his boating DUI charge, Cedric Benson remained a starting running back in the eyes of coach Lovie Smith and the Chicago Bears.

His weekend DUI charge while in a car in Austin, Texas, has led to his release, however. The Bears placed Benson on waivers Monday, two years before the end of his contract and three years into a disappointing career with the team.

"Cedric displayed a pattern of behavior we will not tolerate," Bears general manager Jerry Angelo said in a statement. "As I said this past weekend, you have to protect your job. Everyone in this organization is held accountable for their actions. When individual priorities overshadow team goals, we suffer the consequences as a team. Those who fail to understand the importance of 'team' will not play for the Chicago Bears."

Benson wasn't present at the Bears' organized practice Monday. The Chicago Sun-Times reported on its Web site that Benson showed up and was sent home by Smith.

Reporters waited for a statement from Angelo as he walked off the field on Monday, but he said the team might have a statement later in the day.

The statement turned out to be an action. Benson's name appeared on the NFL's waiver wire Monday afternoon, ending the three-year relationship.

Though the 5-foot-10, 220-pound runner claimed his innocence on both DUI charges, the team apparently lost faith in him. Because he's been in the league for only three seasons, Benson does not have his contract automatically terminated. He can be claimed by any other interested team on waivers.

Before his release, Benson made one last-ditch effort to repair the situation, issuing an apology on Monday afternoon.

"I apologize for making the poor decision to drink and drive during the early morning of Saturday, June 7th," he said in a statement. "Given the incident last month, it was a particularly bad decision. I have no excuse for this lack of judgment.

"Though I strongly believe that I am not guilty of any crime, I realize that the public and the Bears organization hold me to higher standard. Though my local attorneys will continue to work hard to prove my innocence, I confess to using poor judgment. Please accept my deepest apology."

Benson was arrested on a drunken driving charge in Austin early Saturday and Bears officials said they would treat the matter seriously.

Benson's attorney, Sam Bassett, said Saturday that the former Texas star had a few drinks with dinner, but didn't think he was intoxicated, although he acknowledged his client would "probably be in trouble with his team."

Benson was pulled over for running a red light and refused to take a breath test or provide blood samples Saturday, Austin police spokeswoman Veneza Aguinaga said.

Bassett, however, said Benson thought the light was yellow when he went through around 2 a.m. but stopped immediately when police appeared, and he added that Benson told him he wasn't speeding or driving recklessly.

Bassett also said Benson offered to provide police a blood sample for testing and believes video of the arrest will show his client did well in the field sobriety test, although he hasn't seen it yet.

Texas law allows a driver to take a blood or breath test for alcohol content, Bassett said. When Benson offered to take a blood test, the arresting officer told him he'd have to take a breath test, which Benson refused, Bassett said.

Bassett said he has requested a copy of Benson's arrest videotape and hoped to watch it with a representative of the NFL and or the Bears, as early as this week.

"They pulled the trigger early," Bassett said of the Bears. "It's a disappointment to me."

The arrest comes a month after Benson was charged in Austin with boating while intoxicated and resisting arrest. He has said neither charge is true, and those cases are pending.

Benson rushed for only 1,593 yards in three seasons. Thomas Jones was the Bears' starting running back for Benson's first two seasons. Jones was traded to the Jets before last season, giving Benson the chance to start.

It didn't work out on the field. Benson rushed for only 272 yards on 67 carries last season. He couldn't finish the season because of a broken leg.

The Bears drafted Tulane running back Matt Forte in the second round, and he will enter camp as the team's possible starter. Adrian Peterson, a longtime Bears backup, will initially be second string.

It is not known whether the Bears will pursue another running back.

Benson was the fourth pick in the 2005 draft. The team will save $820,000 on the cap by releasing him, but there will be a $2.575 million proration that will count against the 2008 cap. There will be a $2.575 million cap charge for the Bears in 2009.

June 10th, 2008, 9:39 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/07/10/jags.jones.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

Quote:
Jones Arrested for Drug Possession
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (AP) -- Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver Matt Jones faces a felony drug charge in his former college town after police say he was inside a car cutting up cocaine with a credit card.

The 25-year-old Jones and two others were arrested early Thursday. A police report said officers approached the car and an officer drew his handgun after Jones did not immediately show his hands.

Police said they searched the vehicle and found a plastic bag filled with a white substance that tested positive for cocaine and a jar with possible marijuana residue.

Jared Hicks and Benjamin Cook were also arrested on misdemeanor drug charges.

Jones was released from the Washington County jail on $2,500 bond. His arraignment on a charge of felony possession of a controlled substance was set for Aug. 11, two days after Jacksonville's preseason opener against Atlanta.

Police said 6 grams of cocaine was found. The threshold for potential charges of possession with intent to deliver is 1 gram. However, prosecutor John Threet said there is no evidence that Jones intended to deal the drug.

Jaguars owner Wayne Weaver said he was waiting to learn details of the case.

"We're trying to investigate that now," Weaver said. "We don't have all the facts. We will comment on that once we have all the facts."

Jones, a star quarterback at Arkansas and a first-round pick in 2005, failed to develop into the go-to receiver for Jacksonville.

Jones caught 77 passes for 1,075 yards and nine touchdowns in his first two pro seasons, but he struggled in 2007.

Last season, coach Jack Del Rio became increasingly frustrated with Jones' demeanor and work ethic, making him inactive for three games. In the offseason, the Jaguars signed free agent Jerry Porter and traded for former first-round pick Troy Williamson.

July 10th, 2008, 6:07 pm
Modmin Dude

REPORT: TRAVIS HENRY FAILS DRUG TEST
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 11, 2008, 11:41 a.m. EDT
Fox 31 in Denver is reporting that Travis Henry has failed another drug test.

According to the report, Henry tested positive for marijuana.

As a repeat offender in the league’s substance-abuse program, Henry is subject to a one-year suspension from the NFL. This is not the first time Henry has faced a one-year suspension for a positive test; last year he was about to be suspended for a year before he successfully appealed a positive test.

Henry carried 167 times for 691 yards last season for the Broncos. The Broncos cut him in June and he has not signed on with a new team.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/07/ ... drug-test/

July 11th, 2008, 12:34 pm
Stadium Announcer

Federal authorities announced Wednesday the arrest of former Denver Broncos running back Travis Henry on cocaine charges.

Jeffrey D. Sweetin, a Special Agent with the Rocky Mountain Division of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) said that Henry, 29, along with James Mack were arrested Tuesday as a result of a “multi-kilogram cocaine transaction” in Centennial, CO.

According to an arrest warrant affadavit, Henry and Mack met Tuesday to buy cocaine from a person who was cooperating with authorities.

According to the DEA, Henry is being held pending the filing of federal drug charges in federal court Wednesday in Denver.

Henry began his career with the NFL in 2001 when he was drafted by the Buffalo Bills. In 2005, he briefly played for the Tennessee Titans before signing a five-year, $22.5 million contract with the Denver Broncos in 2006. He was released from his contract with the Broncos in June.

Henry is hardly a stranger to controversy, however, and has previously come under fire for charges of drug use.

He rushed for 691 yards on 167 carries with four touchdowns in his one season in Denver, which was marked by a successful appeal of a one-year NFL suspension over a failed drug test.

Broncos Coach Mike Shanahan publicly supported Henry in the matter, contending the running back was innocent, but the issue hung over the team for much of the season and the Broncos stumbled to a 7-9 record, their first losing season since 1999.

He tested positive for marijuana use for the second time in his professional career this summer.

The test results came about a week after Henry was released by the Broncos on June 2 amid coach Mike Shanahan's frustration with him. The offense would have reportedly put him in line for another one-year suspension, had he signed on with another team.

Henry has also fathered at least nine children by nine women, a fact that came out in a child support case in Georgia.

With Travis Henry gone, who'll keep the white lines white and put kids in the seats? :roll:

October 2nd, 2008, 2:52 am
Hall of Fame Player

Quote:
Federal authorities announced Wednesday the arrest of former Denver Broncos running back Travis Henry on cocaine charges.

Jeffrey D. Sweetin, a Special Agent with the Rocky Mountain Division of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) said that Henry, 29, along with James Mack were arrested Tuesday as a result of a “multi-kilogram cocaine transaction” in Centennial, CO.

According to an arrest warrant affadavit, Henry and Mack met Tuesday to buy cocaine from a person who was cooperating with authorities.

According to the DEA, Henry is being held pending the filing of federal drug charges in federal court Wednesday in Denver.

Henry began his career with the NFL in 2001 when he was drafted by the Buffalo Bills. In 2005, he briefly played for the Tennessee Titans before signing a five-year, $22.5 million contract with the Denver Broncos in 2006. He was released from his contract with the Broncos in June.

Henry is hardly a stranger to controversy, however, and has previously come under fire for charges of drug use.

He rushed for 691 yards on 167 carries with four touchdowns in his one season in Denver, which was marked by a successful appeal of a one-year NFL suspension over a failed drug test.

Broncos Coach Mike Shanahan publicly supported Henry in the matter, contending the running back was innocent, but the issue hung over the team for much of the season and the Broncos stumbled to a 7-9 record, their first losing season since 1999.

He tested positive for marijuana use for the second time in his professional career this summer.

The test results came about a week after Henry was released by the Broncos on June 2 amid coach Mike Shanahan's frustration with him. The offense would have reportedly put him in line for another one-year suspension, had he signed on with another team.

Henry has also fathered at least nine children by nine women, a fact that came out in a child support case in Georgia.

With Travis Henry gone, who'll keep the white lines white and put kids in the seats? :roll:

What an irresponsible loser! He's an embarrassment to the NFL.

October 2nd, 2008, 3:57 am
Profile WWW
I don't want to make this a racial issue, but it irritates me to NO END to see people that don't take care of their kids, that father multiple kids with multiple women, and the simple fact of the matter is that the majority of the culprits are primarily Af. Am.

Kemp has something like 13 kids
T. Henry has at least 9

Even rookies coming into the NFL and NBA seem to have 2-3 kids...

I just don't understand why they aren't better educated and coached. I realize that many of these kids are products of similarly situated families, and I also realize that many of these kids grow up without traditional mothers and fathers. That said, I think that college coaches and teachers fail their athletes and students respectively. I know it's not their "job" to parent, but IMO it IS their job to teach, and part of teaching is explaining how to live your life properly.

October 2nd, 2008, 2:48 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Post Travis Henry + 20 years = Bennie Blades
wjb21ndtown wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:
Lions Fan in GR wrote:
Quote:

What an irresponsible loser! He's an embarrassment to the NFL.

I don't want to make this a racial issue, but it irritates me to NO END to see people that don't take care of their kids, that father multiple kids with multiple women, and the simple fact of the matter is that the majority of the culprits are primarily Af. Am.

Kemp has something like 13 kids
T. Henry has at least 9

Even rookies coming into the NFL and NBA seem to have 2-3 kids...

I just don't understand why they aren't better educated and coached. I realize that many of these kids are products of similarly situated families, and I also realize that many of these kids grow up without traditional mothers and fathers. That said, I think that college coaches and teachers fail their athletes and students respectively. I know it's not their "job" to parent, but IMO it IS their job to teach, and part of teaching is explaining how to live your life properly.

wjb, I see where you're coming from and I agree 100%.

1) This is largely - albeit not exclusively - a racial issue. The fact that it is a race related issue doesn't mean that it's racist to discuss it for what it is.

2) ANY 29 year old with 9 illegitimate kids is TRYING to do have those kids. Even the worlds biggest moron can't make the same life altering mistake 9 times. This clown has averaged a new baby every 18 months since he hit sexual maturity. That's no accident and I'd call him (or anyone) a liar to their face if they said otherwise.

3) This fool displays a total disregard for morals, integrity, ownership and respect of women. He doesn't care about anybody or anything. 9 kids with 9 different women is a flagrant display of his personal slavery to his own sexual appetite, selfishness, immaturity and ego.

4) This problem is rampant throughout urban society and when Bill Cosby speaks out against black America for it, he too is chastised by his own people. 'Living your life properly' is about ethics; honor; morals; personal accountability; caring for others; giving to those in need; etc. This is stuff that is ingrained into most people by the time they are 10 years old. I can't expect a college coach to deignorify (I made that word up) an adult after his mother failed to teach him the fundementals.

Which brings me to...

5) The males are not alone in this. The culture also fosters some women who will attempt to trap the professional athlete into financial support thru their ability to breed. Unfortunately, by the time you get to around # 5 the guy is out of cash. (See Bennie Blades) So their own greed, thoughtlessness and stupidity just procreates more unwanted kids; and, Since they lack ANY parenting skills themselves; and, They bounce from relationship to meaningless relationship they just unleash more losers upon society.

It's just a sad, pathetic cycle with no end in sight.

October 2nd, 2008, 4:21 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Post Re: Travis Henry + 20 years = Bennie Blades
LionFan57 wrote:
wjb, I see where you're coming from and I agree 100%.

1) This is largely - albeit not exclusively - a racial issue. The fact that it is a race related issue doesn't mean that it's racist to discuss it for what it is.

2) ANY 29 year old with 9 illegitimate kids is TRYING to do have those kids. Even the worlds biggest moron can't make the same life altering mistake 9 times. This clown has averaged a new baby every 18 months since he hit sexual maturity. That's no accident and I'd call him (or anyone) a liar to their face if they said otherwise.

3) This fool displays a total disregard for morals, integrity, ownership and respect of women. He doesn't care about anybody or anything. 9 kids with 9 different women is a flagrant display of his personal slavery to his own sexual appetite, selfishness, immaturity and ego.

4) This problem is rampant throughout urban society and when Bill Cosby speaks out against black America for it, he too is chastised by his own people. 'Living your life properly' is about ethics; honor; morals; personal accountability; caring for others; giving to those in need; etc. This is stuff that is ingrained into most people by the time they are 10 years old. I can't expect a college coach to deignorify (I made that word up) an adult after his mother failed to teach him the fundementals.

Which brings me to...

5) The males are not alone in this. The culture also fosters some women who will attempt to trap the professional athlete into financial support thru their ability to breed. Unfortunately, by the time you get to around # 5 the guy is out of cash. (See Bennie Blades) So their own greed, thoughtlessness and stupidity just procreates more unwanted kids; and, Since they lack ANY parenting skills themselves; and, They bounce from relationship to meaningless relationship they just unleash more losers upon society.

It's just a sad, pathetic cycle with no end in sight.

I agree completely with both of you. It all boils down to an acceptance of this type of behavior in the culture. And it isn't all exclusively black....look at how Monica Lewinsky's mother ENCOURAGED her to get involved with Clinton. Unbelievable wallet sniffing going on in THAT household!

And I agree, LF57, you can't expect a high school or college coach to undo 16 or 18 years of poor parenting in a fraction of the time. And in college, coaches are paid to win games first and foremost, not teach kids. Let's get the facts straight. Very few colleges retain losing coaches year after year, despite the fine social product they may produce. That is particularly true on a Division I level.

October 3rd, 2008, 9:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next