View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 21st, 2014, 2:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Sit or Start 
Walk On

Opinions anyone? I've got Ronnie Brown starting for sure. My other RB is uncertain. I've got Julius Jones at home against GB, Steven Jackson at the Skins, and Frank Gore at home against philly.

Any idears 8)

October 9th, 2008, 8:13 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

Frank Goreis who I would start. He has the most consistant numbers.

October 9th, 2008, 11:02 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I've got a question that I keep going back and forth about this week: McNabb vs. SF or Cutler vs. Jacksonville?

As for Yzerman's question, I think I'd go with Gore for the reception yardage alone, but Julius Jones is tempting since the Packer rushing defense isn't very good.

October 10th, 2008, 10:41 am
RIP Killer

I've got a question that I keep going back and forth about this week: McNabb vs. SF or Cutler vs. Jacksonville?

Go with Cutler, he is having a better year with more yards and 10 TD (4 Ints) to McNabb's 6 TDs (but only 2 picks).

The Jags passing defense hasn't been good this year, they rank 26th and have given up 9 TDs. The niners rank 19th and have given up 3 less passing TDs.

Now, you better be not asking for the Yahoo league where we play each other this week... :wink:

October 10th, 2008, 11:44 am
Profile WWW
Walk On

With the mad scientist running the O in San Fran, philly's D may eat up JT and give some short fields for Mcnuggets.

Cutler is hard to pass up to. So many weapons in Denver for him to play with

October 10th, 2008, 5:16 pm
Stephen Gostowski had a great week last week, too bad I started Josh Scobe... It didn't cost me the week, but I'm in the same pickle this week. Last week my heart said go with Gost., but my head said go with Scobe. I went with the rational choice, the guy that had been tearin' it up, against a tough D, and it cost me. Who do I go with this week? This week I'm thinking Gostowski, but he's been limited in practice.

Also... Orton @ Atl or Hasselback at home vs GB? GB has been beaten up a little bit on D, but they've been playing fairly well. I think Orton is actually the safer start (Hasselback is relying on recivers coming back that he hasn't had much time with, and GB's D is spotty good), but Hasselback could end up having a really good day. The "guru" says go with Hasselback and expects him to get 20 points this week... I'm thinkin' he won't have that good of a week...

Thomas Jones at home v Cinci or M Jones-Drew @ Denver? I like MJD and he's been getting goal-line carries, but I think Thomas Jones might be a better start this week.

October 10th, 2008, 5:18 pm
QB Coach

Hasselbeck likely won't play this week. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns

So you'd have to go Orton.

I'm hoping Jones has a big week against a weak Cincy D. Denver's D is weak too but Jags haven't got the run going much. That could change this week so MJD and TJ are a toss up but I think I'd go Jones.

October 10th, 2008, 5:32 pm
Heisman Winner

Which two RBs do I start this week.

-Frank Gore Vs the 8th best Run Def in Philly
-Tim Hightower Vs the 10th best Run D in Dallas
-Ryan Grant Vs. the 24th ranked Run D in Seaducks
-Willis McGahee Vs. the 32nd ranked Run D in the Colts
-DeAngelo Williams Vs 14th ranked Run D in Tampa

I'm just struggling to select even one starter this week let alone two any help would be appreciated.

October 10th, 2008, 11:28 pm
So I have myself a tough call this week.

Which two RBs do I start this week.

-Frank Gore Vs the 8th best Run Def in Philly
-Tim Hightower Vs the 10th best Run D in Dallas
-Ryan Grant Vs. the 24th ranked Run D in Seaducks
-Willis McGahee Vs. the 32nd ranked Run D in the Colts
-DeAngelo Williams Vs 14th ranked Run D in Tampa

I'm just struggling to select even one starter this week let alone two any help would be appreciated.

If I were you I think I'd go with McGahee and Grant...

Gore might have a good day, but it's tough to call with Martz... I don't trust Hightower, even though he's had a few good games. I struggle with DeAngelo the same as I do with M J-Drew... It all comes down to touches with those two...

October 11th, 2008, 3:19 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

slybri19 wrote:

Go with Cutler, he is having a better year with more yards and 10 TD (4 Ints) to McNabb's 6 TDs (but only 2 picks).

The Jags passing defense hasn't been good this year, they rank 26th and have given up 9 TDs. The niners rank 19th and have given up 3 less passing TDs.

Now, you better be not asking for the Yahoo league where we play each other this week... :wink:

Yea, I'm sticking with Cutler, even though Tony Scheffler is out and Eddie Royal is questionable. As for you, Pablo, I'm going to beat your butt with Peyton Manning this week! :lol:

October 12th, 2008, 9:02 am
QB Coach

I need to go with either Fred Taylor against Denver or DeAngelo Williams against TB. Also, CJ against the Vikes or Coles against Cincy? Both are questionable but expected to play.

October 12th, 2008, 10:44 am

I need to go with either Fred Taylor against Denver or DeAngelo Williams against TB. Also, CJ against the Vikes or Coles against Cincy? Both are questionable but expected to play.

Fred Taylor and CJ. Denvers run D sucks and the Lions will be throwing alot against the Vikes.

Do I start Jake Delhomme @ Bucs, Garrard @ Denver, or J.T. O'Sullivan vs. Eagles. I'm leaning towards Garrard. What does everyone else think?

October 12th, 2008, 10:58 am
QB Coach

I would pick between Jake and Garrard. Denver's D is worse against the pass in terms of yardage and INT's but is tied with TB in giving up TDs with 8 each. Garrard can make more plays with his feet and Denver's D is worse so I think I'd go Garrard.

October 12th, 2008, 11:06 am

1.Randy Moss vs Denver
2.Santonio Holmes @ Bengals
3.Isacc Bruce @ Giants
4.Kevin Walter vs Detroit

I'm leaning towards Moss and Holmes although Walter wouldn't be a bad play either. Bruce is definately out but I'm torn on whether to start Walter and if so who do I sit?

October 17th, 2008, 9:04 pm
Walk On

Thomas Jones vrs Rams or Ronnie Brown vrs Seahawks?

Any advice?

November 7th, 2008, 2:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next