View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 20th, 2014, 1:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 GAME DAY THREAD: Cowgirls 
RIP Killer

Post GAME DAY THREAD: Cowgirls
Post any thoughts about the game here. Great play, bad play - post your thoughts during and after the Lions game against the Cowgirls here.

I'll be at Texas Stadium so I won't be participating on the board during the game. The rest of you are in charge.

:twisted: HAPPY HALLOWEEN! :twisted:

:idea: Image :idea:

October 31st, 2004, 12:20 am
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

For the first time in several weeks, I will not be on the road during the game. I am cautiously optimistic, but in the back of my mind I have those nagging doubts that come with years and years and years of frustration and disappointments.

This game can go a long way in establishing Joey as a QB with solid credentials. However, if RW can't or doesn't play, I worry about the passing game.

KJ needs to have a solid performance again (85+ rushing yards); and the defense needs to shut down the Dallas running game and make Vinnie try to beat us with a depleted recieving corps.

Like most, I simply despise the Cowboys, ever since they became "America's Team"????? Not my America!!!!!

In me you can see that time of year when a few yellow leaves or none at all hang. In me you can see the glowing embers that lie upon the ashes remaining from the flame of my youth. So, respect more deeply that which you must give up before long.

October 31st, 2004, 12:15 pm
Stadium Announcer

Post Great Start:
Joey 4-4. KJ catches his first recieving TD and the Lions made it look easy. Keep it up!!!! 11:02 in the first quarter Lions 7-0.

Testaverde and Witten with just enough running mixed in. 1:07 in the first quarter 7-7. Jauron is going to have to adjust that soft zone or Witten will catch 20 passes today.

Three and out for both the Lions and the Cowboys. A 30 yard return nullified by a running into the kicker penalty. Instead of mid-field the Lions start inside their twenty. A short drive stalls and a good punt puts Dallas back at their 15.

Dallas moving the ball with another pass to Witten. On 3rd and 3 Testaverde hits Dre Bly in stride and the Lions take the lead 14-7 with 8:18 left til the half.

Cowboys on the Lions 34 with a 4th and about 3 decide to go for it. The Lions let Testaverde run a QB sneak for the 1st down. 3:25 til the half.

TD Cowboys: Testaverde to Keyshawn: Bracie Walker misses the tackle at about the 10. 14-14 with 1:54 LEFT IN THE HALF.

Woody gets hurt with 1:32 left. I'm holding my breath.

Incomplete pass on 3rd and 8. Lions give up a huge special teams play on the punt and the Cowboys have the ball on the Lions 28. We need a turn-over or a defensive stop.

Interception by Brock Marion with the Cowboys on the 9. 14-14 at the half.

Cowboys return the 2nd half kick-off past mid-field. :oops: A trick play results in pass interference on Cash; down to the four. :oops: Testaverde rolls into the end zone. Cowboys 21-14.:oops:

Lions drive stalls and the Lions special teams make a critical error by not downing the ball at the one. We need another huge play by the defense to shift the momentum.

Too many bad penalties are allowing the Cowboys to keep the drive alive. The defense seems to be wearing down and Eddie George is starting to hurt them on the ground.

ANOTHER HUGE INTERCEPTION by Dre Bly in the End Zone. :D Returns to the Lions 28.

Drive ends with a false start on a 53 yard field goal attempt. Lions punt into the end zone instead. Thats 10 penalties already. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. :evil:

End of the third quarter.. Cowboys have the ball on their 37 with a 3rd and 6.

SACK!!!! Good start to the 4th. Cowboys punt for only the second time. Eddie Drummond gives the Lions good field position with a 25 yard return to the 43.

Two KJ runs make it 3rd and less than 1. Need a first down. Shawn Bryson just gets it with a dive over the pile. :D Joey to Hakim for 8. Incomplete to Alexander down field, looked like interference, but I'm just slightly predjudiced. Another huge 3rd down. Pass knocked down at the line. Going for it on 4th down. SACK!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Cowboys moving down the field with a pass to Keyshawn. Need another turn over because the Cowboys are already in FG range. 7:30 left.

Another time-out by the Lions on defense. They look confused and frustrated. Incomplete pass on 3rd down. Field goal from 45 is good.

The Lions are 10 down with 7:00 minutes left. Need a huge effort now.

Harrington to Alexander for 12. Harrington to Hakim for 15. Harrington to Kircus TD :arrow: TD :arrow: TD!!!!!!!! Kircus takes the ball away from Frasier. 5:29 left but the Lions only have 1 time-out left.

Defense gives up a huge play on 3rd down. 2:00 left and we need another huge play on defense. TD to Keyshawn, game set and match!!!

31-21 Cowboys.

Too many rushing yards by George (99) allowed Vinny to make big plays when he needed them.

Lions missed too many tackles (I counted 19) and had too many critical penalties.

Joey played well, but KJ is again almost a no show (11-36).

Missed a big opportunity, since the Vikings got it handed to them by the Giants.

In me you can see that time of year when a few yellow leaves or none at all hang. In me you can see the glowing embers that lie upon the ashes remaining from the flame of my youth. So, respect more deeply that which you must give up before long.

October 31st, 2004, 2:13 pm
RIP Killer

Being at the game I was very dissappointed in the loss. Two things in particular bothered me.

1) The Lions defense gave up 31 points to the Cowgirls. What the? Eddie George ran for 99 yards and Vinny was very efficient. The Lions defense could not seem to get the Cowboys offense off the field. Stupid penalties killed them all day long.

2) No running game. The Lions running game looked terrible. Kevin Jones seems to dance around instead of hitting the hole. He needs to use the power he has. KJ is not utilizing his talent to the fullest.

Joey also had no weapons on offense. I remember one 3 and out in particular where Joey hit his receivers on 1st, 2nd and 3rd down - each one was dropped. Joey was off for a series or two but for the most part he looked decent but had no help. We need ROY back - badly...

November 1st, 2004, 12:10 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Ok...you have to admit that there were a few very questionable very huge calls that went against us...game changing ones.

I am not saying all but when calls...put your the opponents team on the 1 yrd line...take away a FG attampt, undo a fabulous return to put you at the 50, etc...that was kind sucky.

November 1st, 2004, 1:45 pm
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

We did seem to catch some bad breaks along the way. I wanted to throw up when Vinny got 7 yards on that 4th and 3. Joey looked solid, some drops hutr him, but like you all said, the running game needs to be there. It should have been a day for Jones to shine, but old Eddie outdid him.

November 1st, 2004, 3:00 pm
Profile YIM WWW
All State

there were some calls that didn't go the lions way but they did get 3 turnovers and should have been able to put a team like dallas away.

the cowboys tight end, witten i believe, burned us all day. we need to be able to make adjustments to stop that. as this site pointed out, the cowboys only had two threats downfield, johnson and witten - both burned the lions badly. jauron needs to be able to take two threats away from a team when thats all they have.

argh. :oops:

November 1st, 2004, 4:48 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity 1st Team

To keep it short. The game sucked. :idea: Always next week

GO STATE!
2005 Austin Regional Champs!
4/7 years Final Four apperances
5/7 years Elite 8 apperances

Michigan...
Missed 64 team tourney AND,NIT tourney(tourney for losers hahaha)

November 1st, 2004, 5:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]