View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 1st, 2014, 2:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Hall of Shame : The NFL's Bad Boys 
RIP Killer

Post Hall of Shame : The NFL's Bad Boys
New topic for only the NFL's bad boys and morons (wife beaters, reefers, bar fights, evil knievel acts, extreme team distractions, etc).

I'll keep this list up to date as possible.

Michael Vick aka Ron Mexico, QB, Falcons
Ahman Green, RB, Packers
Terrell Suggs, RB, Ravens (potential bad boy)
Adam "Pac-Man" Jones, CB, Titans (bar fights, )
Kellen Winslow II, TE, Browns (crashed bike during wheelie, tore his ACL)
Randy Moss, WR, Raiders (fake mooning of the GB fans, talks mad trash)
Ricky Williams, RB, Dolphins (professional pot smoker)
Keyshawn Johnson, WR, Cowboys
Tyrone Calico, WR, Titans
Leonard Little, DE, Rams
Najeh Davenport, RB, Packers
Kelly Campbell, WR, Vikings
Jamal Lewis, RB, Ravens
Al Harris, CB, Packers (rape investigation)
Plaxico Burress, WR, Giants (tax fraud)
Bennie Blades, retired (Owes excessive amounts of child support)
Mike Doss, FS, Colts
Bill Romanowski, retired
Kalimba Edwards, DE, Lions (resisting arrest)
David Kircus, WR, Lions / Meijer Cart Pusher (DUI)
Koren Robinson, WR, Seahawks
Nick Harper, CB, Colts
Sean Taylor, S, Redskins
Tank Johnson, DT, Bears
Quintin Williams, S, Dolphins
Sam Brandon, FS, Broncos (woman beater)
Randy McMichael, TE, Dolphins (woman beater)
Rod Coleman, DT, Falcons (talking trash to cop when stopped)
Kevin Vickerson, DT, Dolphins (DUI, marijuana posession, suspended license, late for practice, etc)
William "Jeff" Komlo, QB, retired-Lions & Bucs (2 DUIs, woman beater)

Last edited by conversion02 on August 1st, 2005, 1:26 pm, edited 16 times in total.

May 24th, 2005, 8:22 am
Hall of Fame Player

This is great! Kind of like the Darwin awards for the NFL!

As for Suggs...

Why is it that these guys to this stuff and become such a distraction to their team? Don't they get it that when this happens they do it to the whole team. I'd be so pissed if my teamate did this while we're suposed to be focused on getting ready for the season.

May 24th, 2005, 8:37 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Let's not be too hard on Suggs just yet. I for one, am not a big fan of any professional athlete that gets involved in legal matters like this. But to quote a line from the movie 'My Favorite Year',
"Because of who I am there are often times that I can get away with murder. Then again, because of who I am I often get accused of murder."

The case against Adam 'Pac-man' Jones is a perfect example. While I feel he is definitely an A-hole in training, Jones was not involved in what happened and should never have been named in the suit.

I don't know the details of what happened with Suggs but in the case of an altercation after a basketball tourney, I will allow him to be innocent before being proven guilty. If he considered changing his plea, it may have been because he didn't want to miss any of camp or just didn't want the hassle of the publicity. He also could have gotten that advice from his legal counsel or agent. Whatever the case, he may not have been the antagonist.

May 24th, 2005, 9:37 am
RIP Killer

As far as Suggs goes, I agree 90% with you Mike. You can't count him out yet, but he's still going to trial and the charges still loom over his head, so I've got to consider him a bad boy until proven innocent.

Ravens | Billick Confident Suggs Will be Cleared - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 23 May 2005 19:01:52 -0700

Adam H. Beasley, of BaltimoreRavens.com, reports Baltimore Ravens head coach Brian Billick says he has complete confidence LB Terrell Suggs' name will be cleared during his upcoming trial on charges of aggravated assault in Arizona. "Everything we've heard, all the testimonies we've had, all the depositions, I'm amazed it's even going to court," Billick said. "It's very clear-cut what happened and we have every confidence that it's going to come out positively." As reported, Suggs has already rejected a plea agreement offered by the State of Arizona in his case where he is charged with two counts of aggravated assault. Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Jeffrey Cates has set a trial date for June 13.

LionFan57 wrote:
Conversion,

This is great! Kind of like the Darwin awards for the NFL!

It was your idea, I simply posted it!

Elsewhere...

Cowboys | Police and Courts: K. Johnson - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 24 May 2005 05:12:59 -0700

InsideBayArea.com reports Dallas Cowboys WR Keyshawn Johnson finally took the stand in his own defense Monday, May 23. Johnson admitted that he left a number of threatening voice messages between October and November 2003 on the phone that Johnson's ex-wife, Shikiri Hightower-Johnson, had purchased for her former lover, John Mahannah Jr. Johnson said he left the calls in a fit of rage because he had found out about his wife's relationship with Mahannah Jr. while he and his wife were trying to reconcile. As previously reported, Mahannah is suing Johnson for $700,000 in damages, accusing the receiver of negligent false imprisonment, intentional infliction of emotional distress, assault and battery and defamation in a civil dispute. Mahannah also claims in his suit that Johnson head-butted him several times in what he called an unprovoked attack outside an Oakland church during a funeral in 2004. Johnson denies ever touching Mahannah.

May 24th, 2005, 9:43 am
Hall of Fame Player

Post Calico having sex in the backseat
Quote:
Police found Calico having sex in the backseat

ESPN.com news services
May 24, 2005, 5:54 PM ET

Tennessee Titans: Titans wide receiver Tyrone Calico has been cited for public indecency for having sex with an 18-year-old woman in his sport utility vehicle.

Metro Nashville police said Calico, 24, was issued the misdemeanor citation early on May 12 near Nashville's Music Row area. A police officer found the player and Domonike Wheeler, 18, having sex in the back seat of Calico's Cadillac Escalade, police spokesman Don Aaron said Monday.

Both Calico and Wheeler are scheduled to appear in court May 26. She also is charged with public indecency.

I'm confident most of us have done this at one time or another - we just didn't get caught!!

May 24th, 2005, 10:47 pm
Profile WWW
National Champion

You forgot Leonard Little. He has been arrested for drunk driving numerous times, one resulting in a death.

Also, hilariously, I think Najeh Davenport should be added to the list: he was accused of defecating in a woman's laundry basket.

What is the criteria for being a NFL bad boy? Do they have to get into legal trouble or can they just have bad attitudes?

May 24th, 2005, 11:07 pm
Hall of Fame Player

You forgot Leonard Little. He has been arrested for drunk driving numerous times, one resulting in a death.

Yeah, He'd be a Bad Boy.

Strawberries&Chocolat wrote:
Also, hilariously, I think Najeh Davenport should be added to the list: he was accused of defecating in a woman's laundry basket.

I never heard this story. That's a funny one. What was that all about?

Strawberries&Chocolat wrote:
What is the criteria for being a NFL bad boy? Do they have to get into legal trouble or can they just have bad attitudes?

There's no rules as far as I know. IMO both apply. It's kind of a 'Stupid is as Stupid does' Hall of Shame.

May 25th, 2005, 5:55 am
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

Vikings | Police and Courts: K. Campbell - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 25 May 2005 05:24:49 -0700

The Pioneer Press reports Minnesota Vikings WR Kelly Campbell's arraignment in a Georgia court on drug and weapons charges scheduled for Wednesday, May 25 has been postponed until June 29. Campbell's new lawyer, Brian Steel, said he requested the delay in order to further investigate the circumstances of his client's Feb. 25 arrest. Campbell was charged with one felony count of receiving stolen property, a handgun, and a misdemeanor count of possession of less than an ounce of marijuana.

Yay Viqueens!!!!

May 25th, 2005, 1:29 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Jamal Lewis

Baltimore Ravens running back Jamal Lewis speaks to reporters at the Richard B. Russell Federal Building, after he pleaded guilty to using a cell phone to try to set up a cocaine deal in 2000, in U.S. District Court in Atlanta, in this Oct. 7, 2004 photo.

Lewis is scheduled to complete a four-month sentence next week, then must fulfill a two-month term at a halfway house in Atlanta.

(AP Photo/Gregory Smith)
ESPN.com
May 25, 2005 12:23:49 PM, PDT

Cell phones and drugs never mix. Didn't 'Pulp Fiction' teach him anything?

May 26th, 2005, 12:02 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Post Todd Marinovich
Quote:
NFL | Police & Courts: Todd Marinovich - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 26 May 2005 12:59:36 -0700

The Associated Press reports former NFL QB Todd Marinovich was arrested Friday, May 20, for being found in a public bathroom with apparent drug paraphernalia in Newport Beach, Calif. After a police officer found Marinovich in the bathroom with a bent spoon and syringe, the former first-round pick fled on bicycle but was arrested 15 blocks away. Marinovich was being held in an Orange County jail for investigation for a violation of his probation pending a drug court hearing.

There's nothing funny here what so ever. This is a brutaly sad way for any life to turn out.

If you're to young to remember - Todd Marinovich was thought by many to be a truly great NFL draft choice. Expectations where very high and he never developed.

This is very sad.

May 26th, 2005, 8:17 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

As far as Suggs goes, I agree 90% with you Mike. You can't count him out yet, but he's still going to trial and the charges still loom over his head, so I've got to consider him a bad boy until proven innocent.

Ravens | Billick Confident Suggs Will be Cleared - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 23 May 2005 19:01:52 -0700

.......As reported, Suggs has already rejected a plea agreement offered by the State of Arizona in his case where he is charged with two counts of aggravated assault.

Since the state has attempted a plea agreement, something tells me that Suggs will most likely be cleared of any wrong doing. If the state has a solid case, they usually won't plea, especially in a Republican state like Arizona.

May 26th, 2005, 8:44 pm
National Champion

Here you go, LionFan57, the most hilarious NFL crime story ever:

Quote:

Monday, July 29

Davenport pleads not guilty to odd break-in charges

MIAMI -- Green Bay Packers rookie Najeh Davenport pleaded not guilty Monday to charges that he broke into a university dormitory and defecated in a woman's closet.

Davenport, a running back who helped Miami win the 2001 national championship, was not in the courtroom. His written plea on a second-degree felony count of burglary and a misdemeanor count of criminal mischief was entered by his attorney, Richard Sharpstein.

Arraignment on the charges was postponed until August 5.

According to police, Davenport crept into a dorm room at Barry University around 6 a.m. on April 1. A woman sleeping in the room, Mary McCarthy, told police she was startled by a strange sound and saw Davenport squatting in her closet. Davenport then allegedly defecated in a laundry basket, McCarthy told detectives.

Davenport signed a multiyear contract with Green Bay and reported to training camp last week.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2002/0729/1411363.html

May 27th, 2005, 6:02 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Post Romanowski pays Williams 415K
Great story S&C,

Thanx.

Here's another...

Quote:
Romanowski agrees to pay Williams to end litigation

May 27, 2005, 6:18 PM ET
Associated Press Via ESPN.com

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Former Oakland Raiders teammates Marcus Williams and Bill Romanowski are settling their legal dispute.

Williams sued his former teammate after getting hit in the face by Romanowski during a practice drill in 2003. The pair announced Friday that Romanowski is agreeing to pay $415,000 to resolve the litigation.

Williams' career ended after his eye socket was broken by Romanowski, who ripped off Williams' helmet during a practice drill and hit him in the face.

Romanowski retired that year, and a jury in March ordered him to pay Williams $340,000 in damages.

Williams was not happy with the jury's verdict, and was seeking a new trial until the two sides agreed to end the dispute.

Williams, who entered the league as an undrafted free agent in 2002, played in 13 games as a rookie during Oakland's Super Bowl season. He was used primarily on special teams but was trying to earn a regular position during his sophomore season before he was injured.

The Raiders have claimed they are not responsible for any damages, and fined Romanowski $60,000. Romanowski was not charged with a crime.

Am I the only one whos disgusted with Bill Romanowski? He always finds some way to be in the news and it's never a possitive thing for him!

How does anyone believe he makes / made a team better?

May 30th, 2005, 10:02 am
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Lions | Police and Courts: K. Edwards - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 31 May 2005 06:40:01 -0700

ClickOnDetroit.com reports Detroit Lions DE Kalimba Edwards was arrested for being too aggressive with police Sunday, May 29 according to Local 4 TV (WDIV). He was stopped by Michigan State Police Sunday evening. During the traffic stop, words were exchanged between Edwards and the troopers, and Edwards allegedly resisted arrest and started a fight with a state trooper. A full report is expected to be released later today. According to police, alcohol is not believed to have been involved.

The Lion's first contribution to the hall of shame. I am so pround. :roll:
Who is that guys that plays for us who got a DUI in Arizona, or something like that?

May 31st, 2005, 3:47 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Who is that guys that plays for us who got a DUI in Arizona, or something like that?

I think you're thinking of Donte' Curry. I think it was him who got nailed in Atlanta within the last year.

May 31st, 2005, 4:08 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 252 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next