View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 21st, 2014, 4:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Pistons 08-09 
Walk On

Post Pistons 08-09
The stones looked pretty decent the other night. Was really something to see the entire starting 5 on the bench in the 2 quarter. And not just for a few minutes either.

Stuckey, Affalo, Herman, Dyes, and Maxiell all held there own against the starters for Indiana. I think it's a tie between us and the Lakers for the deepest team in the league.

While at the time Joie D said he'd be wiling to trade anyone for the right price I was in complete agreement ,but for now it seems that holding off on that may have been the best move.

BEAT BOSTON!!!!! 8)

October 31st, 2008, 7:08 am
We might be one of the deepest teams, but I don't think we're one of the most talented...

I was called crazy for not wanting to re-sign Billups, now it looks like it would have been the right move. I haven't been impressed with him for the last 2-3 seasons. I think he is over-paid, under-motivated, and largely lazy and apathetic.

October 31st, 2008, 3:51 pm
Walk On

We might be one of the deepest teams, but I don't think we're one of the most talented...

I was called crazy for not wanting to re-sign Billups, now it looks like it would have been the right move. I haven't been impressed with him for the last 2-3 seasons. I think he is over-paid, under-motivated, and largely lazy and apathetic.

It's nice to have the luxary of having Stuckey now. It pushes Billup's as well as gives him time to rest. I've gotten so use to seeing the Fab Four start for so long and long tons of minutes. Now that the bench is getting tons of minutes it seems Curry is doing a good job so far. Something like 54 bench points tonight. Who is this Walter Herrman guy. :lol:

November 2nd, 2008, 1:47 am
Walk On

Wow, the Celtics game last night was hard to watch. Our interior D is pathetic at times.

WE NEED MCDYESS BACK BAD!!!!

November 10th, 2008, 3:03 pm
RIP Killer

It'll be a matter of time for McD. Gotta wait til mid-December.

I do agree though, we need McD for his mid-range scoring.

November 16th, 2008, 3:02 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

We did beat the undefeated Lakers though.

NEVER GIVE UP!

November 17th, 2008, 8:30 am
Walk On

Gotten wooped by Boston twice this season. What the heck is wrong with Stuckey. I know his shot was never that great but he's not even getting penetration buckets. Bynum has looked better.

Really starting to miss Chaunce and Dyes...

November 21st, 2008, 1:31 am
Gotten wooped by Boston twice this season. What the heck is wrong with Stuckey. I know his shot was never that great but he's not even getting penetration buckets. Bynum has looked better.

Really starting to miss Chaunce and Dyes...

I don't miss Billups at all, but that is probably a given due to my sentiments regarding his play here. It's not his absence that is hurting our defense. He was a HORRIBLE defender, worse than A.I. It's Dyes' absense that's hurting us now. We have too many young, tenative forwards, and Sheed isn't near as physical as he needs to be.

November 21st, 2008, 10:39 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

The entire roster save Prince is either a shooting guard or a power forward. The cohesiveness of Billups and Hamilton masked the fact that there is no low post scoring option on the Pistons. Without a point guard on the roster, whos gonna get the ball to the players in the right spot to score? The Pistons should have traded Rip for Iverson.

November 23rd, 2008, 10:28 pm
The entire roster save Prince is either a shooting guard or a power forward. The cohesiveness of Billups and Hamilton masked the fact that there is no low post scoring option on the Pistons. Without a point guard on the roster, whos gonna get the ball to the players in the right spot to score? The Pistons should have traded Rip for Iverson.

No way... Rip is twice the player that Billups is, and Rip signed an extension. Iverson is only going to be here for this season, then his trade value comes into play... We'll be in the market for big name FA's this coming off-season, and I trust that Joe D will make the best of it. Billups had to go, plain and simple. He was too old, too comfortable here, and his game is out-dated. He was the right player to chop, especially with Stuckey, an affordable, serviceable PG waiting in the wings. Go JOE!!!

November 24th, 2008, 1:46 pm
Veteran General Manager

dh86 wrote:

No way... Rip is twice the player that Billups is, and Rip signed an extension. Iverson is only going to be here for this season, then his trade value comes into play... We'll be in the market for big name FA's this coming off-season, and I trust that Joe D will make the best of it. Billups had to go, plain and simple. He was too old, too comfortable here, and his game is out-dated. He was the right player to chop, especially with Stuckey, an affordable, serviceable PG waiting in the wings. Go JOE!!!

Not this offseason. It will be offseason 2010. King James.

November 25th, 2008, 12:28 am
wjb21ndtown wrote:
dh86 wrote:

The prediction is... Lebron is going to tell us who he wants to play with this offseason and we sign him, and grab Lebron next season... That's the word on the street anyhow...

Personally I think he still takes advantage of the $$$ associated with playing in Italy or NY or LA (he has contract incentives to play in NY and LA), and skips Det., but I think we make a minor splash in FA this coming year.

November 25th, 2008, 12:49 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

wjb21ndtown wrote:
dh86 wrote:

You are kidding right? Take away Sheed and Iverson in 2010. You have Rip at age 32, Prince who plays your position at age 30. Amir,Maxiel,Afflalo and Stuckey. Amir and Max are showing, in their 4th season, that they will never be regular NBA starters. Rodney Stuckey is SG that is being force fed into being a PG. Why would LeBron James pass up better opportunities to come to Detroit? What would make Detroit more attractive than joining Wade and Beasley in Miami? As far as this season, Michael Curry is in over his head as an NBA head coach. His ineptitude makes the need of an on the court floor general even more crucial. Stuckey has been averaging as many turnovers as points recently. Rip,Iverson,Stuckey and Afflalo are all shooting guards. They all need a PG to direct the offense. Theres average PGs still available in a trade, the Pistons need to take a look at bringing one in. Rip has been exposed greatly as a basketball player since the departure of Chauncey. He has been exposed as a player who is easily rattled by outside distractions, a player who cant create his own shot, and a spotty defender. While hes still has youth and some value, Joe better be proactive.

November 25th, 2008, 9:27 pm
Walk On

Well to qwell my lions anger I watched the stones play an awsome game tonight against the Orlando Magic.

We completely shut down Dwight Howard (aka Superman) in the first half. Not qute the same in the second half. He was playing like a mini Shaq. Man can he jump!

Having Mcdyess back made the difference tonight. Without him theres no way we win.

GO PISTONS!!!!

December 29th, 2008, 11:47 pm
Peanut and Beer Salesman

In my mind, we should go after Carlos Boozer this year. That would give us a good low post scoring option after this year. We will have plenty of money because AI is gone, and we can do what we want with Sheed.
Stuckey - PG
Rip - SG
Prince - SF
Boozer - PF
Sheed / Max / Amir - C

January 4th, 2009, 11:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next