View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 22nd, 2014, 3:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Memorial Day 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Memorial Day
I think that this pretty much sums up what Memorial Day is all about.

President Lincoln wrote:
Fourscore and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation or any nation so conceived and so dedicated can long endure. We are met on a great battlefield of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of it as a final resting place for those who died here that the nation might live. This we may, in all propriety do. But in a larger sense, we cannot dedicate, we cannot consecrate, we cannot hallow this ground. The brave men, living and dead who struggled here have hallowed it far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here.

It is rather for us the living, we here be dedicated to the great task remaining before us--that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they here gave the last full measure of devotion--that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain, that this nation shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth."

May 29th, 2005, 10:02 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

thanks Bsand good stuff. I have had a great holiday and hope the rest of you had as well. I made some money mushroom, onion, and swiss burgers today :D

Did anyone see the jets flying over head today. We had a parade in our city (very small) but I believe w f-16s flew past over head. I was pretty awsome.

May 30th, 2005, 9:25 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

This was a honey - do day for me. (Honey do this - Honey do that). Then I took the boys paintballing for a few hours. God, what a riot that is.

I hope everyone else had a good day too.

May 31st, 2005, 6:54 am
Profile WWW

I did homework most of the day. Exams this week. :shock: But I did see part of the rumble in the jungle, before espn cut it off. :evil:

Onion and american cheese burgers for me. I'm getting to be a grill master. :arrow:

May 31st, 2005, 7:51 am
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I went up to Houghton Lake (Biggest inland lake in Michigan) Memorial day weekend... The weather was awesome too.

Michael Huff for DROY

May 31st, 2005, 7:39 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I detailed my car, bought a Honda RC51 (see pic below), watched some bball, and ate some kick rectum BBQ.

May 31st, 2005, 8:12 pm

Remember to wear a helmet if you want to pop a wheelie. [-X

We can't have you losing your phat nike contract.

May 31st, 2005, 9:06 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

I detailed my car, bought a Honda RC51 (see pic below), watched some bball, and ate some kick rectum BBQ.

Nice looking bike!

May 31st, 2005, 10:08 pm
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

RC51....very nice choice. Nice bike.

Spent the weekend with some vets, played some golf. To all my brothers and friends here and overseas I send the best wishes, and hope to see you soon either on U.S. or foreign soil.

May 31st, 2005, 10:35 pm
QB Coach

I did homework most of the day. Exams this week. :shock: But I did see part of the rumble in the jungle, before espn cut it off. :evil:

I hope you realize how fortunate you are to have exams this week.

Ours aren't for two more weeks.

May 31st, 2005, 11:35 pm
Profile WWW

I hope you realize how fortunate you are to have exams this week.

Ours aren't for two more weeks.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

JK, I do feel sorry for you Brian.

And I don't start school till Sept. 6 next school year. :P

June 1st, 2005, 9:10 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]