View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 29th, 2014, 1:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Brown has hip surgery 
RIP Killer

Post Brown has hip surgery
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) - Pistons coach Larry Brown had surgery on his left hip Wednesday and is expected to be away from the team for seven to 10 days.

Assistant coach Gar Heard will run the NBA champions during Brown's absence. Heard coached the Dallas Mavericks in 1993 and the Washington Wizards in 2000. The 64-year-old Brown could return in time for Detroit's home against Minnesota on Nov. 17.

"I talked to the doctors in the operating room, and they told me that seven to 10 days is a conservative estimate," Pistons president Joe Dumars said. "It all depends on how Larry is feeling, but that's what we are looking at."

Brown had his hip replaced 15 years ago, and this latest operation was the result of wear on the artificial joint. It had recently caused him severe pain, the team said.

Brown is expected to spend two to three days in the hospital. Dumars wasn't sure what kind of rehabilitation his coach faces.

"Oh, I suspect Larry will be active in running things," Dumars said. "He'll definitely have a cell phone and stay in the mix."

November 3rd, 2004, 5:47 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]