View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 2nd, 2014, 4:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Game 5 
RIP Killer

Post Game 5
Those refs were TERRIBLE. XXeyeslam.gif How does Elden get a foul for pushing off and for bumping, but Shaq doesn't? That technical on Sheed was BS too. new_argue.gif Detroit had at least 6 BS fouls called on them that were absolutely crap. bs.gif

I can't see how the Stones can come back and win 2 games against this Miami team. They are SO inconsistant that, even if it does go to a 7 game series, I can't see them advancing. This game was pivotal and they played like crap. violent1.gif

Last edited by conversion02 on June 2nd, 2005, 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 2nd, 2005, 9:12 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

The refs destroyed the integrity of the game. Miami might have won anyway, but we will never know. My favorite was those 4 offensive falls back to back in the second quarter. In the NHL they have a penalty for flopping. That packaged the game. There were many other ref low lights, however, and I am not normally an anti-ref kind of guy.

June 2nd, 2005, 11:06 pm
Site Admin

My favorite call was the one on Miami...and then after a few seconds the refs changed their minds and called it on Sheed. Blaha was going crazy on the radio...I think he must have pulled his remaining hair out.

Despite all that the Pistons offense SUCKS. Why do we not have people try and take it to the basket? We are way to unagressive and it's an easy way to get Shaq a couple fouls (even though we were called for like 20 offensive calls :roll: last night). We tend to settle for 20 foot shoots. My crazy thought is that we need to get Ben going early down low. We also need to force Rasheed to go baseline with his 10 footer turnarounds. Tell him he has to shoot it. We need to run our offense through Sheed, Ben, and Prince.

Also what the hell is Chauncy doing letting our old 3rd string PG get off like that.

June 3rd, 2005, 9:34 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

The stones offense looked terrible. They did not move the ball well, were too guard oriented and relied heavily on the isolation clear out. When they move the ball well on offense, they look like a decent offensive team to me. The refs were bad, but I don't think they would have won regardless last night.

I don't see this series as over, not by a long shot. It still looks to go 7, just like it should. The whole thing will come down to second half execution in game 7.

Wade didn't look well at all. If those ribs are hurting, even if he returns he will be limited. If Detroit can't be a hobbled Shaq and Wade, they don't deserve to be in the finals anyway.

June 3rd, 2005, 9:39 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I disagree about the refs not impacting the game though Pablo. I do not typically care too much but last night was so bad. How many times will they allow Shaq to sweep with his giant hammy arms and knock the defender out of the way before he starts getting calls. The only time they really called him on it was when his elbow smacked Ben in the face while doing it. Wade can jump forward and knock people down and the defenders get called for it consistently :roll: I hate the fact the "super stars" get the calls like that which screws our team which is not based on any stars at all. Everytime it seemed we were within 4 some the whistles started blowing. We even cut the lead from 20 to 4 in the 2nd half and again we started getting called for taking Shaqs elbows in our chests.

June 3rd, 2005, 9:48 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I disagree about the refs not impacting the game though Pablo.

I didn't quite say they didn't impact the game, but rather I don't think the Pistons would have won even if they had called it better - obviously it would have been a little closer. What Detroit can't do is let the refs get under their skin. They also had a few "favorable calls", but not as many as Miami in my humble and biased opinion.

I hate the "superstar" calls as well. But I also think Shaq is the toughest player to officiate in the game both in terms of fouls he commits and those called against him. He is just so big compared to everyone else. Offensive players often get away with that forearm sweep, Shaq's just look so obvious. IMO - Duncan gets away with more fouls than any player in the league - more than even Shaq.

Sheed needs to get involved early and keep his head in the game. When he is hitting, the stones are tough to beat.

June 3rd, 2005, 10:29 am
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

"Why do we not have people try and take it to the basket? We are way to unagressive and it's an easy way to get Shaq a couple fouls (even though we were called for like 20 offensive calls Rolling Eyes last night). We tend to settle for 20 foot shoots."

I disagree vehemently with this, although, I should preface my comments by saying that I had to exit the bar early in the third quarter out of disgust. I thought they were trying to to take it to the basket. The problem was that they were getting hacked and at times being called for offensive falls. The refs gave Shaq a big and night we were forced to settle for jumpers almost by default.

Did any one read Shaq's comments calling out Ben? Arrogant puss. What would he be without the refs really? You could call a foul everytime he touches the ball. His whole offensive game is based on the concept of charge and half the time he travels. That idea-they said they could single cover me----pardon me, but that is exactly what they have done this year and last and except for the first quarter you have been mediocre. If Miami did not shoot so well you would have suffered the same fate as you did with the Lakers. As it is they are making tough shots no thanks to you and you are in the game only because the refs swallowed their whistle. If they had blown it as they did the game before you would have been on the bench where you belong. I hate this guy. Could have been the best player to ever play the game, but his lazy rectum never reached more than 30% of his potential. If it weren't for the refs he would be a 12/6 guy tops.

June 3rd, 2005, 11:27 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I'm just speechless, and very angry... :evil: :( :thumbsdown:

Michael Huff for DROY

June 3rd, 2005, 5:40 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Why don't we have a perimeter game? We don't take any three pointers.

Miami is just leaving 5 people around the key to contest all our lay-ups and dunks. If we had a perimeter game, then things would open up.

Geez, a guy like Brett Hoiberg could help us. As well as he could have helped the olympic team.

June 3rd, 2005, 11:27 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]