View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 25th, 2014, 11:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Without Wade, Miami gets blown out 
QB Coach

Post Without Wade, Miami gets blown out
And he may not play game 7

Wade spends Game 6 on bench

Quote:
Miami star was a game-time decision for his playing status because of rib injury.

By Joanne C. Gerstner / The Detroit News

AUBURN HILLS -- If the Miami Heat ever wondered what life would be like without star guard Dwyane Wade, here's the answer: seriously not good.

Wade sat out Saturday's Game 6 at The Palace, unable to play because of a strained muscle in his right rib cage.

Heat coach Stan Van Gundy left the game-time decision up to Wade and the medical staff. Wade wanted to play, but the Heat's staff overruled him and he wasn't cleared for action.

Reserve Rasual Butler started in place of Wade, but couldn't provide the same scoring punch. Butler had 13 points and two assists in 40 minutes. Wade has been averaging 28 points per game in the playoffs.

"I just found out a few minutes before (the game started) I was going to play," Butler said. "I thought D. Wade was going to play. I really did. But he couldn't. The rest of us have to step up, and (Saturday), we didn't."

Wade was not available for comment after the game.

It wasn't a complete surprise that Wade was unable to play.

He looked compromised in the warm-up about an hour before the game, unable to move well and in visible pain. The injury limits his mobility, preventing him from twisting his torso without pain.

The series now shifts back to Miami for the decisive Game 7 on Monday.

It is unclear if Wade will be able to play, even with two more days of rest.

Wade had a similar injury earlier this season, pulling a rib cage muscle on his left side. He missed five games.

He will take more treatment on Sunday -- heat therapy and massage.

He'll play.... no way that he doesn't.

June 5th, 2005, 1:36 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]