View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 20th, 2014, 4:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Pistons WIN! 
Varsity Captain

Post Pistons WIN!
88-82 good job boys, now go in and bring the trophey back to Detroit.

June 6th, 2005, 10:59 pm
QB Coach

June 6th, 2005, 11:15 pm
Profile WWW
Bubbles the Lion

It's been as hard a fight as last year, but here we are again! Our team is a year older and more seasoned. SA presents much more of a challenge than LA did last year. I see another 7 game series. We can only hope the Lions give us this much trepidation next year!!

If Big Ben doesn't have more of an effect on this series, it will be a SA victory. Recharge that 'fro and bring it on!!!!!!!!!!

June 7th, 2005, 3:07 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I never had any doubt that they would win the last two games after losing game 5.

Pistons in 7 baby :idea: :arrow: :idea: :arrow:

June 7th, 2005, 9:44 am
Profile WWW

Did anyone see McDysse in the locker room? He was almost crying for joy.

June 7th, 2005, 10:19 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

3some.gif the Pistons went to work! Damn...they make every series interesting don't they. They seem to play to the level of their comp and then step it up at the right times to get the win. This will be their most difficult test yet but I know they can win it. The experts will be all over San Antonios jock because they waltzed through the playoffs...but they did not play one team that had any defense. Every team we played was hardcore defense so I think we should be ready.

Did anyone see some lady ask Ben about a "bigger" challenge in Tim Duncan. He laughed at her. A remarked about how do you get any bigger than Shaq? I think Tim Duncan is great but the amount of energy and strength it takes to take on Shaq cannot be compared to Duncan. He doesn't have a spare hundred pounds on our forwards to throw around and that will make a huge difference. Also, Sheed has always played Duncan extremely well.

Although nationally this may not be a "sexy" series I think it is more interesting than any other Finals possible with the major similarities in both teams and coaching styles.

Pistons in a tight 7 game series :D

June 7th, 2005, 11:08 am
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Miami looked like the better team. They sure were quicker than us. Of course, lightning PG and behemoth C give the Pistons trouble. Miami had both, plus they played very good defense. SA's exploits against Phoenix does not impress me. The Pistons could put up 115 against them too. Hopefully, Chauncey and Wallace can come alive again with more favorable match ups. You cannot shake the feeling that this Piston squad does not number with the league's most vaunted units or even last year's team. Also, Miami without injuries surely would have won? It is great to win tough games on the road and that is an accomplishment, but that does not distract from the fact that the Pistons were far from dominant and when Miami pressed Rip they could barely score. Without the acquisition of quicker PG probably through a Chauncey/Rip trade this will be their last hurrah. It remains their achilles heel on defense, something Arroyo could not fix. The Pistons might beat SA, and it will be a good series of mirror image teams-to a degree.

June 7th, 2005, 11:31 am

Chauncy is a damg good pg. Who else would you want? He is the best clutch shooter in the game, and someone else would screw with the chemistry. No one is worth Chauncy AND Rip with the type of team Joe is putting together.

Not as good as the most vaunted units? How about Miami, Indiana, even Philly is decent. Chauncy was 2nd Defensive team, that ain't bad.

Injuries to Miami? Shaq was still a force and Flash took over the game it the third quater, but we shut him down after that.

Lighting PG? Damon Jones doesn't impress me at all. Chauncy imposed his will on him. 11 ppg and 4 apg, not great. 8 ppg against Detroit. Maybe you were talking about Flash.

Yorick, don't tak this personal, you just hit a nerve with me. :lol:

June 7th, 2005, 11:57 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

ditto! I think it is time the Pistons start getting the respect they deserve and quite frankly demand after the past two seasons. I thought Detroit was clearly the faster and more athletic team. It seemed that the Pistons were much quicker to loose balls, etc. than the Heat.

I wouldn't classify Indy and Philly as very worth opponents however. But the Heat certainly were. As for the injury factor, part of the game and has to be dealt with. Wade was certainly rested and healthy in game one but Detroit shut him down. He is a great player, but overrated by many in the media.

Detroit was the better team - period. Outside of Shaq and Wade, the Heats role players didn't get it done. That was the difference. The Pistons were better team and once again showed their poise in closing out game 7 on the road. That is TEN consecutive playoff wins for Detroit in series clinching playoff games. That tells me all I need to know about this team.

Regardless of the outcome in the finals, which should be great, the current ensemble of Pistons players and coaches had earned my respect. They play with poise, intelligence and intensity.

GO STONES!

June 7th, 2005, 12:05 pm
Profile WWW
Head Cheerleader

What are you smoking yorick? :P

It must be crack!!!

Rip and Billups are 'arguably' the best back court in the LEAGUE. I can't see Dumars making a trade, he loves those guys.

and yes, Billups is mister CLUTCH, the 3 to tie, and all those free throws at the end.....f-ing money!!!! Billups dosn't have the speed of Wade or Iverson, but he is still quick...more importantly to me is that he is strong. I love this TEAM...its all about team play.

Side note: I'm not sure Wade will be able to continue to play like he does currently. Throwing his body around, hitting the ground all the time....he's just eventually gonna be injured every season. AI can do it, but hes only like 170 lbs. Wade will sooner or later have to change up his game...which I'm sure he can, he is f-ing good. Just something i was thinking about when watching the series. Years will tell.....

THIS IS HOW WE DO IT!

June 7th, 2005, 1:02 pm

I never said Billups was not a clutch shooter, although, he did not have a very good Miami series at all. What I said is that his lack of quickness hurts Detroit defensively. Surely that is incontestable? I like Billups and Rip too, but the problem is that they are both off guards. That is why Billups was great against the Lakers and less good against Philly, Miami, and even Indiana. NBA athletes are still getting quicker all the time. Also with Ben and Prince commanding the money it would make sense to trade one of the two while their value is still high.

June 7th, 2005, 1:19 pm
Site Admin

I disagree as well. Why would you trade any players off of a team that has for the 2nd straight year taken you into the finals? I think there is an illusion that is spurned on by the image the NBA puts forward and that is that the Pistons aren't good. They look bad versus many opponents and seem to struggle versus other teams often. But they get it done no matter what. When Wade was out of the lineup we destroyed Miami 91-66. That is sick. But say Ben Wallace or someone else goes down although a big blow Detroit can still compete and win. Not many top teams can make the same claim. I think Detroit needs a solid backup at the 3 and that is all I am really concerned with for the near future.

June 7th, 2005, 2:30 pm
Profile WWW

I understand the sentiment, but if you look throughout sports the teams that stay dynasties look forward not back. Champ Bailey was burned toast last year. Most people thought he was the best cover corner in football three months before. You have to unload your non super-stars right before they appear to decline. Sometimes those type of deals can net you magic Johnson. . . or Darko Milic. If Dumars does not make any major moves next year, it will be interesting to see if the team can remain a real playoff contender. They will not only have to fend off Miami but a few other up and coming teams.

June 7th, 2005, 3:40 pm
RIP Killer

I understand the thinking but agree with Alpha (did that actually just come out of my fingertips?) The Pistons have a championship contender in place for the next few years, you don't want to break up any of that core.

The Lakers took that approach last year and well they went from the finals to sub a .500 out of the playoffs - granted there were some other circumstances like losing Phil Jackson (but the Stones could also lose Brown).

Ride this team as far as you can, they don't come around very often (especially if you are a Lions fan).

June 7th, 2005, 4:01 pm
Profile WWW

Finances may dictate Dumars' hand, although I suspect he will make the sentimental choice to keep everyone and go over the cap. That, of course, will constrain any future moves and if the core does not hold up, you will be stuck. To me, the impact that Hunter had on the defense was telling. The whole respect thing some people are upset about, including the Pistons, makes little sense to me. You cannot control what other people say, but if you win the title what can they really think? I thought the Pistons got loads of respect last year, showing how a true team could beat the superstar model. But I remember the old Bad Boys. When defense really clamped down, and that does not happen often in the NBA these days, you had 3 guys that could make their own shot: Zeke, Dumars, and Vinnie. As you saw in the second half of last game, when good, although great defense locks on the Pistons, you do not really have anybody who can make their own shot. I see that as a major problem and am far less optimistic for that reason moving forward, the wisdom of if it ain't notwithstanding.

June 7th, 2005, 5:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next