View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 23rd, 2014, 4:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 State of the Big Ten 
RIP Killer

Post State of the Big Ten
Obviously biased... but not far off.

http://bucknuts.com/news/articles/2009/2/10/ramzy-its-going-to-get-even-worse

February 11th, 2009, 1:09 pm
RIP Killer

Minnesota and Michigan State both got better

State on the rise - wahoo. Also, after their victory in Ann Arbor the Spartans BBall team is 2.5 games up on Illinois (who we beat) and OSU (who we beat twice).

GO STATE!

February 11th, 2009, 2:15 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

February 11th, 2009, 10:47 pm
National Champion

Quote:
Minnesota and Michigan State both got better

State on the rise - wahoo. Also, after their victory in Ann Arbor the Spartans BBall team is 2.5 games up on Illinois (who we beat) and OSU (who we beat twice).

GO STATE!

Lol, wrong sport.

Whats crazy is that you managed to pick out that MSU and Minnesota got better, a direct quote from the article, yet skipped to basketball. The first sentence of the article says football, lol.

Its sad and I have to agree with the article. We are on a downward trend and while my alma mater (MSU) and Minn seem to be getting better, it's not going to be good enough to push the conference forward. It may be enough to not get blown out at big games, but it isn't going to be anything special.

It's hard to turn around recruiting without winning, and its hard to win without good recruits. I think one way to turn it around is by hiring a good coach, preferably one with a big name that would bump recruiting. Thats the only way I can think of.

February 12th, 2009, 8:27 am
RIP Killer

I realized the topic was football and the overall topic was state of the Big Ten. I'm glad my Spartans seem on the rise in football and remain the power of basketball in the Big 10.

Since I basically only follow college football and basketball, I'm giving State props in both.

February 12th, 2009, 1:37 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I realized the topic was football and the overall topic was state of the Big Ten. I'm glad my Spartans seem on the rise in football and remain the power of basketball in the Big 10.

Since I basically only follow college football and basketball, I'm giving State props in both.

But Michigan dominates college hockey :lol:

February 12th, 2009, 4:13 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:

But Michigan dominates college hockey :lol:

Reaching with hockey, how the mighty have fallen. BTW - MSU won the hockey nat'l championship in 2007. So again, GO STATE!

February 12th, 2009, 4:41 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]