View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 29th, 2014, 3:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Game 2...Beyond Terrible - Pathetic 
RIP Killer

Post Game 2...Beyond Terrible - Pathetic
There has been some crappy calls...at both ends though. One in particular was Tayshaun's block that was called as goal-tending. I didn't like that call. But, a couple bad calls won't do much to the 16 point defecit at halftime. The Stones are playing absolutely terrible.

I think it's safe to say that they won't be able to win the series right now. Unless Duncan, Ginobili, or Bowen goes down, I can't eat the bread. Last year, Malone was hurt throughout the series and the Lakers couldn't click. Was this team even the best last year, or did they just beat injured teams (Miami this year)?

I know McDyess is playing well on the offensive side of the ball, but why hasn't Big Ben and Sheed been in the game much? They practically disappeared in the 2nd quarter.

This just shows how bad Arroyo is against a good defense. He looks like a high school player.

A half dozen missed shots within 4 feet of the bucket, terrible inside D, lack of energy and focus, not crashing the boards, etc.

Chauncy and Rip finally started stepping it up in the 4th and were playing awesome Pistons ball, until SA went on a 16-2 run.

Does anyone else hate the SA announcer? He sounds like a kid going through puberty.

Everyone's all over Spur frank and beans right now, it's rediculous. This is when the bandwagon fans start coming out. Same thing as with the Stones last year. They won and even Darko merch started selling :shock:

I'm sick of these human interest pieces. Maybe they should do one on Darko tomorrow. Manu Ginobili is far from Jordan, yet he's being coveted like Jordan. I'm confused :shock: Jordan at least doesn't look like a douche bag.

Is there a possibility of a riot in Motown if the Spurs hoist the trophy in Game 4 or 5?

My question is: Is the reason they're playing like crap because they're tired? Or is it because SA really does have a killer D?

June 12th, 2005, 10:32 pm
Modmin Dude

I'm not counting them out yet. I still believe that they can sweep at home and carry that momentum into Game 6 and 7 (if necessary). Mason is going to get and keep the home crowd fans fired up and that will help out Stones keep it together. I don't think they're tired, but they sure have looked that way. I'm not trying to diss SA's defense, but it looks like the Stones have the open shots, they just aren't making a damned thing. Its like someone put a lid on their basket.

June 13th, 2005, 10:03 am
Site Admin

I don't get it. They have Sheed hitting shots well and then they go away from him...Chauncy attempted like 1 shot in the 1st quarter. I knew we were in trouble when we were relying on McDyess and Lyndsay to score, they actually did pretty well too but where the hell did our team go. Could we turn the ball over any more please?

I say start Elden, McDyess, Darko, Dupree, Hunter next game. Show the starters that they are playin like crap and don't derserve to be on the same floor with the Spurs with their crappy showings.

June 13th, 2005, 11:56 am
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Look at every playoff series. The Pistons have not just won ugly, they have struggled to beat injured teams. They are being killed by the Spurs even while in executing some parts of their offense and defense. This says to me that the Spurs are a better team. The Pistons will have to dramatically raise their accuracy to prevent from getting swept I fear. . . :lol:

I am sorry if it pains any one to foment that opinion. :wink:

June 13th, 2005, 12:24 pm
All State

the spurs announcer is awful, what a joke. speaking of joke, that is what the pistons offense looks like. the refs made some bad calls last night, but they went both ways. these are supposed to be two physical defenses and the refs are calling ticky tac fouls.

i don't credit the spurs defense, the pistons are missing from 3 feet in and open jumpers left and right. if i was pop, i say lay off your man and focus on rebounding.

last night was pathetic, hopefully some home cooking will get the shots to fall.

June 13th, 2005, 12:24 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I knew the Pistons weren't going to win this series but I actually thought they would make a very good series out of it though - this just shows that I'll never be an NBA analyst...

Michael Huff for DROY

June 13th, 2005, 4:15 pm
Profile WWW
Head Cheerleader

Both games we got it down to 7/8 points in the 4th, but just blew it. Reminder to all, we play better with our backs to the wall....plain and simple. Detroit dosn't like to win easy, they like to make it hard and stressful on themselves...and us fans. As hard as it sounds to do, if we just win the first 2 games at home, I'd be satisfied we have a good chance still. If we win 3 at home, its just that much easier. C'mon now, don't lose hope yet.

P.s. I hate that god-damn SA announcer as well.

June 13th, 2005, 6:03 pm
Peanut and Beer Salesman

I dont get it: Against Miami was hard to refeey the Pistons Game cuz Shaq is big and can get away with stuff.
What about Spurs. Bown is tearing Rips shirt of "There is NO FOUL"
Ginobly looses the ball with no one around "There is a FOUL"
The referying has been F :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: UP
No one buys their shirts or watches their comercials so they should not make themselves the stars of the game

June 13th, 2005, 6:18 pm
QB Coach

The refs are awful... everytime I watch the game, I have to turn it off because of them.

Sure we are playing bad. But it's hard to play defense when you can't contest shots without being called for the foul.

Parker and Ginobili just throw themselves into us, and whenever there is contact, you know who is going to get the call.

I'm waiting for a Piston to take a charge. Ben did in game one, and it was a terrible call.

We start blocking shots early, play our game, but then the refs dictate the later portions of the game by setting the standard early.

June 14th, 2005, 12:09 am
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I believe the Miami series took a lot out of the Pistons physically and mentally thats why were getting killed by Spurs... No I'm not basing the whole thing on the Miami series; but I am saying that we wouldn't be getting killed if we would have swept Miami.

Michael Huff for DROY

June 14th, 2005, 8:02 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]