View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 22nd, 2014, 11:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Michael Jackson Jury Reaches Verdict. 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Michael Jackson Jury Reaches Verdict.
Michael Jackson jury reaches verdict.

Verdict to be read at 4:30pm Eastern time.

June 13th, 2005, 3:49 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

Either way this thing goes it can get really ugly........

June 13th, 2005, 4:21 pm
Hall of Fame Player

If he get's off (no pun intended) and found "Not Guilty" I'm wondering how long it will take for his fans and / or lawyers to use the phraze "He was found Inocent".

ON PURPOSE there is a huge difference between the two.

Also, If he's is found guilty - and I hope that's the case - if I were the DA I would arrest the Mother on Child Endangerment charges. What other term would you use for a parent who allows their child to spend the night in the bed of a 46 year old man?

I strugle trying to figure out who's more twisted - her or MJ.

June 13th, 2005, 4:39 pm
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

He was found not guilty. I still don't think the guys at Fox News think he should be anywhere near off trial. This one chick was liek super mad. She said something along the lines of "With this much evidence, how are you not found guilty?!"

I'm glad he's off. He's one of my favorite musicians ever, and one to a lot of people i know.

June 13th, 2005, 5:53 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

If he get's off (no pun intended) and found "Not Guilty" I'm wondering how long it will take for his fans and / or lawyers to use the phraze "He was found Inocent".

ON PURPOSE there is a huge difference between the two.

Also, If he's is found guilty - and I hope that's the case - if I were the DA I would arrest the Mother on Child Endangerment charges. What other term would you use for a parent who allows their child to spend the night in the bed of a 46 year old man?

I strugle trying to figure out who's more twisted - her or MJ.

I think the lawyers know better than that. I havn't followed this all that closely but it does sound like there was reasonable doubt. I know he's weird and that sittuation looks bad to most of us. But I really like the idea that this country doesn't throw people in prison if they can't PROVE the person did somthing. I don't know if he's inocent but if you can't prove somone did somthing I beleive you have to find them not guilty.

June 13th, 2005, 5:58 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I guess there was reasonable doubt.

June 13th, 2005, 6:20 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Benchwarmer

He was found not guilty. I still don't think the guys at Fox News think he should be anywhere near off trial. This one chick was liek super mad. She said something along the lines of "With this much evidence, how are you not found guilty?!"

I'm glad he's off. He's one of my favorite musicians ever, and one to a lot of people i know.

I saw some of their coverage leading up to the trial. They were all but anouncing that he was about to be found guilty. Finally their "anchor" briefly slipped into their non-stop ramble "we may be jumping the gun here, but" What jumping the gun by talking about a verdict that hasn't been handed down yet...ya think?? :nerd: It was like watching a bunch of little kids. I like a lot of what Fox News does but their journalism is some of the weakest on the air IMO. I had to turn the channel.

June 13th, 2005, 8:25 pm
RIP Killer

Reasonable doubt? Let's face facts here people. Were this a lower class, drunken person that had been accused, nobody would give a rodents obese, perspiring posterior whether he was truly innocent or guilty, the gavel would have dropped long ago. And that individual would have been EASILY found guilty were this much evidence against him/her. Remarks like 'I'm glad he was found not guilty. He is one of my favorite musicians...' is the ONLY reason he was found not guilty.

Much like O.J. and his ridiculous not guilty verdict, American justice once again proves it's all about the money in this country.

June 13th, 2005, 9:31 pm
Hall of Fame Player

... I havn't followed this all that closely but it does sound like there was reasonable doubt. I know he's weird and that sittuation looks bad to most of us. But I really like the idea that this country doesn't throw people in prison if they can't PROVE the person did somthing. I don't know if he's inocent but if you can't prove somone did somthing I beleive you have to find them not guilty.

CK,

Even though I truly believe he is guilty I do totally agree with you that the prosecution has to prove it's case. It's only under those circumstances that people should be thrown in jail.

The problem is 3 fold:

1) How do you prove molestation when there's no DNA evidence and it comes down to one persons word against another?

2) The financial resources of MJ Vs. any cities ability and resources; MJ will win every time. Unfortunately for the victims money buys a better defense; that's undeniable.

3) Celebrity status of people like MJ make people awestruck and they sometimes will ignore the facts or common sense because they want to believe in him. Case in point...

LionsFan54 wrote:
...I'm glad he's off. He's one of my favorite musicians ever, and one to a lot of people i know.

As I'm writing this I'm watching a discussion on TV about exactly this issue. And from a psychological standpoint it does exist.

This case was even more difficult for the prosecution to prove because of the boys Mother. Every expert I've seen has said how she jaundiced the case herself. She was not a good witness and destroyed her own credibility with the jury.

I'm a realist and I understand human emotions. MJ never disputed that he slept with this boy nearly every night for over a year. He just claims that he never touched him sexually.

I love my fiancee more than anything in the world but if I slept with Rebecca Romijn every night for a year I'm sure I'd want to introduce her to my moisture seeking meat missile.

But you're right, it's still better to have a system that lets some guilty go free in an atempt to minimize the number of truly innocent that go to jail.

June 13th, 2005, 10:55 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

I'm glad he was found not guilty, he's one of my favorite musicians new_rofl.gif

June 14th, 2005, 12:15 am
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Just proves that expensive lawyers are worth the money. Can California convict anyone? There is something wrong with a man in his 40's that *sleeps* with children. Although I think he is guilty I have to agree that the prosecution did not present enough evidence to convict beyond a reasonable doubt. Listening to the jury interviews afterwords was disturbing. How many of them said that the accusers mother snapped her fingers at them or stared at them. They mentioned that this was a factor in the case. I thought this trail was about MJ, not the accusers mother? Rich people, great lawyers= no chance

Quote:

You are entitled to your own opinion but this is a ridiculous statement. I guess Chris Spielman could kill your mom but it would be ok since he is one of your favorite Lions? I am assuming your name is LionsFan 54 for him.

June 14th, 2005, 8:06 am
RIP Killer

You are entitled to your own opinion but this is a ridiculous statement. I guess Chris Spielman could kill your mom but it would be ok since he is one of your favorite Lions? I am assuming your name is LionsFan 54 for him.

First of all, MJ was never proven to have done this. There was not enough quality evidence to prove that he did anything. Hence, he was found not guilty on all 10 charges.

Second of all, when the boy who said that the MJ molested him accused his own mother of molesting him at the age of 5 brings little value to the case. Also, the plaintiff was a known headcase. If it were another plaintiff who was more believable by the jury, I think MJ would have been convicted.

I think the statement made regarding the favorite musicians is an example of what is wrong with the American justice system. Particularly with OJ. OJ was definately guilty IMO and was let off because of his defense team, his celebrity status, and people on the jury idolized him as a football player.

However, in MJ's case, the evidence provided was weak and the plaintiffs have a case of pulling this crap. They had numerous molestation accusations in the past.

MJ may be a frickin' freakshow, and he definately is, but he is still the King of Pop and one of my favorite musicians. Hell, even if he was a kiddie lover, he would still be one of my favorite musicians, however, I would think he's a pile of s***. I don't like the guy, but I like his music and respect him for his talent (what he USED to have anyway).

BTW, I watched a documentary on him and he was dancing around with Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs...what a fruitcake. WTF happened to this guy? He looks like a zombie.

June 14th, 2005, 8:31 am
RIP Killer

1) The accusers mother was a money grabbing @#$%^!

2) Rich white people never go to trail.

June 14th, 2005, 9:11 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Two keys in the trial came into play:

1) The accusers mother was a money grabbing @#$%^!

2) Rich white people never go to trail.

Tell number 2 to Leona Helmsley and Martha Stewart. They not only went to trial, but also went to jail. In fact, there have been several 'rich, white people' who have gone to jail. How about Robert Downey, Jr.? He's been there several times.

As for point number 1, you are right, she is trash. However, most times people sue car companies in this country, foreign or domestic brands, the case could be considered 'frivolous'. They are simply following the money, per the advice of their piece of #&%$ lawyers. How in the Hell do you blame a car company because you got injured or a loved one got killed in an accident where a drunk travelling well over the speed limit hit you/him/her? It's really quite sickening to me.

June 14th, 2005, 11:05 am
Modmin Dude

Can someone please explain to me how he didn't get in trouble for Contributing to the Deliquency of a Minor for giving several children Jesus Juice??? How does that happen? He even ADMITTED to doing it. Last time I checked if you gave a minor ANY alcoholic substance you got charged with a CRIME. Please someone explain.

June 14th, 2005, 11:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next