View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 3:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Will the real Detroit Pistons please stand up 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Will the real Detroit Pistons please stand up
They showed up last night, they had more energy. Chauncy and Ben were amazing. Now they have to do it 3 more times.

One thing that I am mad about is the inability to expolit Sheed's skills. He only had 8 points, they need to use him more.

June 15th, 2005, 9:27 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I think it's too early to tell whether the Stones are truely back in this series. They played well last night, but not well enough for me to think they can win the series, especially sweep the Spurs in Detroit.

They played well, but they also had a lot of easy missed buckets, gave up a lot of second chance points, let Manu and Parker go untouched to the hoop too many times, and didn't play to their full potential. Big Ben was a superstar in the first half, but faded away and wasn't near what he was in the second half of the game.

They need to step it up, even from last night's play, to be play like the REAL Pistons. Last night wasn't a great showing by the Stones, plain and simple. I thought their offensive production was lacking, despite scoring 96 points, they should have scored 110. They were too slow on offense and put up some buzzer beater shots. They should be shooting, with good looks, with around 5 ticks left on the shot clock.

Sean Baligian on WDFN was right on Monday when he said that SA will lose their touch on the ball and their shooting % will drastically go down. That's a major reason why SA lost that game, not to mention the butt load of steals by Detroit.

Last edited by conversion02 on June 15th, 2005, 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 15th, 2005, 9:34 am
RIP Killer

Is there like a 6th man award for the finals? Also, has a bench player ever won the MVP? Cuz right now, my vote for best bench player is McDyess. That is the only guy who's been solid and consistant throughout this series for the Stones. For the Finals MVP, I would have to say Chauncey. Even in the losses, he's been the one to make things happen (Game 2, he was the reason we got within 8), because he's the leader.

June 15th, 2005, 9:57 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

I think you might have it backwards. The Spurs are simply not a dominant road team? As to the "energy" thing, the home crowd and desperation might have something to do with it, but they made some defensive adjustments and an attitude adjustment when it came to being more physical with the Manu and Parker. Over all, the Pistons have been playing hard and they have been playing decent defense. The problem is the same as it was in the Miami series. Detroit is not a good shooting team and the opponent can shoot the lights out. That was the case for a good deal of last game too. The key to a Detroit victory is not only winning the next match, but also pounding Parker and Manu into submission. If it take Dupree and Hunter to pound fouls into them then Larry should do that. The Pistons have to win inside out by beating the Spurs mentally. This is because the Spurs seem to deep and talented and flexible to beat in any other way.

June 15th, 2005, 12:14 pm
QB Coach

The refs finally allowed us to guard the Spurs, and didn't call every ticky-tack fouls.

Am I the only one who thinks that the NBA wants this to be a long series where the home team wins?

June 15th, 2005, 12:29 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

The refs finally allowed us to guard the Spurs, and didn't call every ticky-tack fouls.

Am I the only one who thinks that the NBA wants this to be a long series where the home team wins?
That wouldn't surprise me at all, but I hope its not the case

June 15th, 2005, 12:34 pm

Rasheed will probably tell us all about it. :lol:

June 15th, 2005, 12:37 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

Speaking of Sheed, isn't he like 5-0 over the last 2 years when he GuaranSheed's a victory??? Pretty impressive

June 15th, 2005, 12:41 pm

Yeah he is. I don't know if he will do that in the Finals though. He needs to get his game on. Its probably Larry's fault, because Rasheed isn't used to full effectiveness.

June 15th, 2005, 12:51 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

What is scary is that the Pistons were playin moster d in the 1st quarter and San Anotonio was always on their heels and then took the lead. That just goes to show that we need to play GREAT for 4 quarters to beat these guys.

On the other hand...can you see how much calls impact the game. Duncan has two and it changes the way he played. People who think refs and calls do not impact the game are insano :roll:

June 15th, 2005, 1:10 pm
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

31 point feet tall

June 17th, 2005, 2:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]