View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 28th, 2014, 4:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Dropping like flies at UofM 
RIP Killer

Post Dropping like flies at UofM
http://www.freep.com/article/20090324/SPORTS06/90324002/1048/SPORTS/Report++Michigan+WR+leaves+program

Quote:
Sophomore WR Toney Clemons has left the Michigan football program, according to the Valley News Dispatch (Pittsburgh).

Quote:
Clemons isn't the first Wolverine to leave the program this offseason. Freshman RB Sam McGuffie transferred to Rice in January, and starting QB Steven Threet left the program in February. Threet hasn't decided where he'll play next.

March 24th, 2009, 2:29 pm
Veteran General Manager

Post Re: Dropping like flies at UofM
steensn wrote:
http://www.freep.com/article/20090324/SPORTS06/90324002/1048/SPORTS/Report++Michigan+WR+leaves+program

Quote:
Sophomore WR Toney Clemons has left the Michigan football program, according to the Valley News Dispatch (Pittsburgh).

Quote:
Clemons isn't the first Wolverine to leave the program this offseason. Freshman RB Sam McGuffie transferred to Rice in January, and starting QB Steven Threet left the program in February. Threet hasn't decided where he'll play next.

OH WELL.
Who the heck is Clemons? I never heard of him.
McGuffie wasn't exactly Stellar.
Threet Left because he knew he didn't have any chance of being the starter next season.

March 27th, 2009, 8:52 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

The games I watched last season he was the best RB we had.

NEVER GIVE UP!

March 27th, 2009, 12:22 pm
QB Coach

Are you kidding me about McGuffie?

The games I watched last season he was the best RB we had.

That's not really saying much. It's like saying ___ was the best defender on Notre Dame.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

March 27th, 2009, 1:58 pm
RIP Killer

McGuffie was UofM's best RB. Clemons was the #10 ranked WR in the 2007 class. That is a huge loss to MI, he is talented WR that has not been utilized because of the lack of QB in MI. No WR looked worth a hoot at UofM last year.

March 27th, 2009, 2:39 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

UofM's best back was clearly Brandon Minor... McGuffie was nothing special especially with the hype he came in with... We won't miss him with all the speed RichRod got this year anyway...

April 10th, 2009, 11:24 pm
RIP Killer

UofM's best back was clearly Brandon Minor... McGuffie was nothing special especially with the hype he came in with... We won't miss him with all the speed RichRod got this year anyway...

You are comparing a Freshman to a Junior. The Junior was barely better in the second half of the season. McGuffie was UofM's future and best option next year at tailback.

April 13th, 2009, 4:12 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

Murtyle wrote:

You are comparing a Freshman to a Junior. The Junior was barely better in the second half of the season. McGuffie was UofM's future and best option next year at tailback.

Personally, I didn't really like McGuffie.... He couldn't break a tackle... I thought that despite his injuries Minor was clearly the better player, but thats just me... Statistically they were similar...

April 15th, 2009, 6:20 pm
QB Coach

I think McGuffie really hurt himself for any chances of football post College. He has great abilities, and would have done a phenomenal job if he had hung up his cleets as a RB and switched to a Slot receiver. He was too small for the type of hits he was going to take.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

April 16th, 2009, 10:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]