View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 12:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Aaron Curry= BEAST 
Junior Varsity

I love all the talk about how we could use Curry, especially because i really want him as a Lion. But, after all this hype about Stafford, do you really think theres a chance the Lions will draft Curry? Im sensing we are going to draft Stafford (wonderful).

If I had to put odds on it I'd guess:
75% chance we draft Stafford
15% chance of Jason Smith
5% each of drafting Curry or Munroe

I'm rooting for getting Curry myself but I'll be the most surprised (and elated) person in the room if he's the actual pick.

April 13th, 2009, 5:52 pm
National Champion

I think you're pretty spot on with your guesses and percentages. That's how I feel as of today as well.

April 13th, 2009, 6:11 pm
RIP Killer

Ditto, I'm about the same also. I have this feeling Stafford will be the guy, even though that isn't my first choice by any means.

April 13th, 2009, 6:12 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

While Im hoping your percentages are off, They are probably pretty close.

Id personally say 70 Staff, 15 J Smith, 10 Curry - 5 Monroe...

but yeah...

That said, IF our FO and More Importantly Coaching Staff thinks Stafford is the right pick, I will support them in that and not jump on a 10 MORE LOSING SEASONS Bandwagon which we know will start if Stafforsd is the guy.

I Trust our coaches more than my own scouting ability. But I pray they draft Curry.

April 13th, 2009, 6:59 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Team MVP

While Im hoping your percentages are off, They are probably pretty close.

Id personally say 70 Staff, 15 J Smith, 10 Curry - 5 Monroe...

but yeah...

That said, IF our FO and More Importantly Coaching Staff thinks Stafford is the right pick, I will support them in that and not jump on a 10 MORE LOSING SEASONS Bandwagon which we know will start if Stafforsd is the guy.

I Trust our coaches more than my own scouting ability. But I pray they draft Curry.

Ya im with you on that. I dont want Stafford but if they think he has to be the guy then I support all of them. I mean, they know more than all of us here.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 13th, 2009, 9:51 pm
National Champion

One reporter jokingly asked when Stafford would be introduced as the Lions' top pick next week. "I didn't know Aaron Curry changed his name," Lewand shot back with a sly smile.

That was just a funny quote from Lewand at yesterdays presser. I'll tell you what, reguardless of how you think this guy has performed so far, you have to love his sense of humor. Him and Schwartz have both show a little character at pressers so far, and though we can't grade them yet on how well they may or may not have performed, they are certainly wittier and smarter than the last bunch.

April 14th, 2009, 6:46 am
Pop Warner Vet

One reporter jokingly asked when Stafford would be introduced as the Lions' top pick next week. "I didn't know Aaron Curry changed his name," Lewand shot back with a sly smile.

He should have said, "I didn't know Michael Crabtree changed his name!"

April 14th, 2009, 11:14 am
National Champion

Hahahahaha, priceless. Yeah, I suppose that would have been even better.

April 14th, 2009, 12:02 pm
Heisman Winner

Quote:

He should have said, "I didn't know Michael Crabtree changed his name!"

Blasphemy!

April 14th, 2009, 12:17 pm
#1 Overall Pick

I'm all about utilizing all three LB's, but then it isn't really a nickel :p So how do you line these guys up? Just like a nickel but putting one LB where the NC goes?

The thing I was referring to was that we would still have the 5 DBs like a "conventional" nickel defense..... but that we would go with 3 DL and 3 LBs.

It would be like a 3-4 defense in terms of having a DT play the NT.... and then 2 DEs. The only difference would be like a 3-4 defense taking out their 4th LB..... and adding a 5th DB.

In those seldom obvious passing situations..... like 3rd and 10 yards...... we could line up Fluellan at NT, White at DE, and Avril at DE.

At LB...... we'd have Peterson, Curry and Sims.

This would allow the Lions to show a blitz.... but drop 8 into coverage.
They could show all 3 LBs up looking to blitz.... but only rush 1 LB (4 man rush).

And tons of other options.

Yet..... there are still 5 DBs to cover.... plus 1 to 3 LBs!!!

April 14th, 2009, 6:02 pm
National Champion

Ahhhh, a variation of a 3-4 and a nickel... That makes sense to me and would certainly fit in a 3rd and long. I get what you're talking about now. Nice thinking.

April 14th, 2009, 8:26 pm
QB Coach

Wake Forest Linebacker Invites Leukemia Survivor to Draft
Posted by Aaron Wilson on April 15, 2009, 12:20 p.m.

On the football field, Wake Forest linebacker Aaron Curry has a reputation as a big hitter and is regarded as one of the top players in the draft.

Off the field, Curry has a big heart, as evidenced by him inviting a young leukemia survivor to attend the NFL Draft with him in New York.

According to the Associated Press, Curry met Bryson Merriweather, 12, at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis, Tenn.

Merriweather’s leukemia is currently in remission after receiving five rounds of chemotherapy. He has been hospitalized for nearly two years.

“We were acting like he was just taking me on a regular tour around the hospital,” Curry told the AP. “Toward the end we ended up outside tossing each other a football and I just started talking about the draft.

“He said he had seen it and I was telling him that I had been invited and if he would join me in this experience. So I said, ‘So come to New York with me and get drafted into the NFL.’”

Merriweather, who hopes to play football again one day, is overjoyed to be going to the draft.

The Alabama native used to play tight end and defensive end before the discovery that his chest pains and shortness of breath were caused by acute myeloid leukemia.

Although the cancer is in remission, Merriweather’s younger brother is a candidate to give him a bone marrow transplant at some point if needed. Merriweather has been trying to raise awareness about the disease through bone marrow transplant drives.

“After meeting Bryson, I just think it was the perfect route to go,” Curry said. “Bryson has already done some things in the community and he’s only 12.”

How can you not love the character Curry displays. While I haven't really heard anything negative or positive about the character of the other potential #1's I've only heard great things about Curry. The man is going to take care of his family with the money he makes. He would be a huge boost to this team in terms of skill, demeanor and leadership. Draft Curry.

April 15th, 2009, 1:49 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I read that article and thought.... how can we pass on this guy?

NEVER GIVE UP!

April 15th, 2009, 1:57 pm
Head Cheerleader

I read that article and thought.... how can we pass on this guy?

Amen...Top flight talent & top flight character. This is EXACTLY what the Lions need.

I don't care WHAT the so-called 'experts' think. I don't care what the supposed 'value' of an LB is vs. the value of the #1 pick is. My gut tells me that if the Lions don't take Curry, they'll be regretting it for the next 10-12 years. Take the sure-fire stud and build the rest of the team around what would suddenly become the best LB corp in the NFL.

April 15th, 2009, 10:28 pm
Heisman Winner

XXsmoker.gif

April 19th, 2009, 5:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next