View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 22nd, 2014, 11:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 First month thoughts 
RIP Killer

Post First month thoughts
If this is the best minor league talent we have, we are in piss poor shape. Rapada and Raburn need to be canned immediately.

Hopefully Thames comes back so we can send Raburn back down to Toledo.

Carlos Guillen has been absolutely terrible so far this season. Mags hasn't impressed either...definitely not living up to that big contract he's got.

Also, anyone know how Bondo's rehab is going? We need to get him back so we can send down Porcello or Miner. Miner is by far a better long reliever than a starter.

I'd like to see what Willis is like coming back as well.

May 5th, 2009, 1:33 pm
Heisman Winner

Willis got called up to triple A down here in Toledo. They said they were going to promote him through the minors as he got better and from what I heard he's doing very well and throwing strikes. 1 start in single A and had no walks then followed that up with 1 start in double A had something like 3 or 4 walks in a game where their was 14 walks total so that's not so bad considering, then he got called up to Toledo. I haven't heard anything since then though. Mags will turn it around I'm more worried about Polly, he doesn't look like himself this year.

May 5th, 2009, 6:32 pm
RIP Killer

I hope to see both Willis and Bondo come back soon. I see Bondo is scheduled Mid-May to return and Willis early May (any time now apparently), according to the Tigers website.

I got my wish, Rapada and Raburn got sent down and Larish and Thomas were brought up.

I don't understand what they see in Raburn, he stinks. Thomas has always done well here and is a good enough defensive fielder, but he has the better bat by far. He really tore it up last night, a HR away from the cycle.

I'd like to see Thames come back soon, but I like seeing the prospects like Thomas, Larish, etc all get shots. If Thames stops trying to hit bombs, he'll strikeout less and be a much more consistent hitter...and maybe be a true DH.

However, Guillen is starting to get the injury bug and may need replaced next year...dood's always had injuries. Mags needs to turn it around, or else he may not have much more than another year here - gotta hit to earn that big contract, because his defense surely isn't helping him earn the bucks.

Santiago is a good player, I'd like to see him get a consistent full time gig.

Josh Anderson has been an absolute steal, developing into an excellent fielder, base runner, and a surprisingly good hitter.

May 6th, 2009, 4:21 am
Afghan Allstar

The outfield combination of Thomas, Granderson and Anderson that we had last night has got to be one of the fastest in the league. I wouldn't mind seeing that more often.

May 6th, 2009, 10:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]