View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2014, 1:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 NEED next week to keep the playoffs in sight! 
Varsity Benchwarmer

Post NEED next week to keep the playoffs in sight!
Hey everyone,

My first time here. I'm actually a Niner fan but I've been following the Lions since you got Mooch. To be honest in the last two years I've probably been more into the Lions than in my own team.

IMO, the term "must win" is grossly over used by the media and fans when referring to football games. That said, this next game against the Vikings has become very close to being a must win game. Going 4-6, looseing 4 straight, a division loss all would make a run at the playoffs a very tall order. I know many probably think I'm crazy to even mention the playoffs the way the Lions have been playing lately, but when you look at where they'er sitting right now they'er still in the thick of it, so why not talk about it. However with todays tough loss the Vikings game is now HUGE!! Lets hope they can right the ship this week. :wink:

November 15th, 2004, 5:00 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

Don't really know if the playoffs are realistic. I sure would like to see that happen, but realistically, I just don't know. One thing that's for sure, if they don't win their division, it would be an outside shot to say the least, so next week being a division game, it's a really important game.

November 15th, 2004, 7:32 am
Water Boy

November 15th, 2004, 8:52 am
RIP Killer

The Lions have lost 3 in a row - the Vikings have lost 4 in a row and are looking to repeat last years momumental collapse.

Big game for both teams. For the Lions, if they lose they are starring at the Colts on Thanksgiving. That could mean 5 straight losses and the end of any playoff hopes.

Lets face it, the time for the Lions to make the playoff push were the games against the Cowboys, Redskins and Jags. They needed to build a cushion heading into a tough stretch of the schedule. That didn't happen.

Then again, this is the NFC and ANYTHING is possible in this division.

November 15th, 2004, 11:51 am
Profile WWW
All State

despite losing yesterday, the vikes played the pack tough in green bay. i'd say our little lions have their work cut out for them. i'm not feeling very confident right now and if they lose the season is in serious doubt. then again, maybe we need another pretty high draft pick... :wink:

November 15th, 2004, 1:33 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Agreed 100%. Despite how poorly we have played as of late, we are only 1 game out of first place, and the playoffs. We aren't out of it at all. But 4 losses would absolutely kill this team, and we would have such low morale on this club that a run would seem too hard for this club.

Minnesota is coming off a couple of losses as well, so maybe they will be down in morale as well, and a win could hurt them tremendously.

Anyone else surprised that the Bears are doing as well as they are?

November 15th, 2004, 3:42 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Benchwarmer

I am :shock: I don't think they'll last, but as has been said, in the north who knows.

Back to next weeks game, does anyone know what Randy Moss is listed as (injury wise)?

November 16th, 2004, 12:51 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Brian wrote:

I am :shock: I don't think they'll last, but as has been said, in the north who knows.

Back to next weeks game, does anyone know what Randy Moss is listed as (injury wise)?

Once Thomas Jones comes back the Bears will get a better on offense. The North is anyones division right now.

November 16th, 2004, 10:22 am
RIP Killer

It appears that Randy Moss may be held out of his third straight game. Head coach Mike Tice will not allow Moss to play on Sunday if he does not participate in a full week of practice. "Randy's in the mindset of, if he can practice on a Friday, then he can play," Tice told KFAN, the team's flagship radio station. "I think at this point, we've been down that road before?I'd rather he practice a whole week." Tice believes that Moss will likely return on November 28 against the Jaguars.

November 16th, 2004, 10:42 am
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Iam worried about the vikes. They havent played bad but still lost. The lions on the other hand have played bad and lost. I just hope iam not playing Culpepper this week in fantasy football!

November 16th, 2004, 1:24 pm
QB Coach

Iam worried about the vikes. They havent played bad but still lost.

The only thing I would argue with that statement, is that we have played poorly, but kept it close. They have played well and kept it close, hence them being a better team.

November 16th, 2004, 3:57 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

We if we loose this week I expect some brilliant draft analysis to be written by the likes of Brian and Pablo :lol:

November 16th, 2004, 5:16 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

We if we loose this week I expect some brilliant draft analysis to be written by the likes of Brian and Pablo :lol:

If we lose this week? I'll be writing about it anyways!

November 17th, 2004, 12:12 am
Profile WWW
Varsity Benchwarmer

November 21st, 2004, 6:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]