View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 5:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next
 Universal Health Care 
Modmin Dude

well to be honest I wouldn't be moving into my new house in sept if it wasn't for the federal RD program....so....

I realize that this has NOTHING to do with healthcare...I just wanted to add my 2 cents

RD? Research and Developement??? What is the RD program?

July 31st, 2009, 3:34 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Rural Develpment. The feds eat up the closing costs and down payment. fior a middle class single guy it's DAMN hard to come up with the 5-7 grand that it takes to actually purchase the house. hell closing costs alone are 2k. Add in security dep, down payment, inspector, apraisor...thenconsider that houses no longer come with a fridge @ stove even..( the repo company even yanked the water softener for the well water!!!!)

without RD I would still be saving up for my own home....for another 5-10 years!

July 31st, 2009, 5:21 pm
RIP Killer

Rural Develpment. The feds eat up the closing costs and down payment. fior a middle class single guy it's DAMN hard to come up with the 5-7 grand that it takes to actually purchase the house. hell closing costs alone are 2k. Add in security dep, down payment, inspector, apraisor...thenconsider that houses no longer come with a fridge @ stove even..( the repo company even yanked the water softener for the well water!!!!)

without RD I would still be saving up for my own home....for another 5-10 years!

Should have bought my house you turd... ;)

July 31st, 2009, 5:30 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

i got a 3 bedroom w/ double garage with a really nice yard for about 45k in a pretty decent suberb OUTSIDE of Flint.....you know dang well you were asking for way more $$ !

sorry man had to take advantage of the repos in my neoghborhood.

EDIT: If it makes you feel better I did read your old post..and looked at the house online...it 's a nice place

July 31st, 2009, 5:35 pm
RIP Killer

It doesn't... cuz I still have that dang house... thanks for looking though!

July 31st, 2009, 5:46 pm
NFL Team Captain

Much like an auto policy they only raise your rate when you CHOOSE to make a claim. If your car gets stolen your rates don't increase... but if your car gets stolen and you make a claim your rates go up. Its the same thing in every insurance contract. Is it right that he didn't do anything wrong and he got punished? No, but it's also not right that the person that had their car stolen didn't do anything wrong either... The system isn't perfect, but it is about as good as it can get....

See this is exactly the problem! Imagine going to Vegas and sitting down at the Black Jack table and telling the dealer that you are only going to bet when you get 21. The insurance companies in the beginning where expected to take a certain amount of risk, that risk was because the odds were stacked in their favor, today they are not willing to take any risk so to speak.

The whole health care system is out of control. I realize it's a business, but it's also peoples lives that we are talking about.

August 1st, 2009, 12:10 am
QB Coach

Y'all really gotta check out this link. It isn't a dumb rant on healthcare, it's quite well done, and could probably answer quite a few questions. I hope you enjoy it. It's not very long about 3 or 4 minutes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqMKK8Ao ... r_embedded

check out the sequel at letfreedomring.org

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

Last edited by WarEr4Christ on August 2nd, 2009, 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

August 2nd, 2009, 10:38 am
Modmin Dude

Gotcha! Thanks for the info & Good luck!

August 2nd, 2009, 12:14 pm
TheRealWags wrote:
After all, what have they done lately to prove that we should trust them with anything???

THE CAR CLUNKER PROGRAM!!! DUH!!!

If that program isn't a great example as to how the govt. effs up everything they get their hands on, I don't know what is.

The plan is simple... turn in your old gas guzzler for a newer, more efficient vehicle, and they give you an incentive...

Now... look at their execution... The list has been modified a number of times. Certain vehicles are excluded for virtually no reason, others are inexplicably included, "large trucks" do not qualify (wouldn't you think that those would be the kind they want to get off of the road???), and the list of vehicles that you can acutally BUY with the credit is completely garbage.

One thing about govt. is certain...
No matter how bad things are, government can always make it worse.

August 2nd, 2009, 11:10 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

steensn wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
After all, what have they done lately to prove that we should trust them with anything???

THE CAR CLUNKER PROGRAM!!! DUH!!!

If that program isn't a great example as to how the govt. effs up everything they get their hands on, I don't know what is.

The plan is simple... turn in your old gas guzzler for a newer, more efficient vehicle, and they give you an incentive...

Now... look at their execution... The list has been modified a number of times. Certain vehicles are excluded for virtually no reason, others are inexplicably included, "large trucks" do not qualify (wouldn't you think that those would be the kind they want to get off of the road???), and the list of vehicles that you can acutally BUY with the credit is completely garbage.

One thing about govt. is certain...
No matter how bad things are, government can always make it worse.

The whole plan is 100% retarded. If anyone thinks its a good idea, they don't have the faintest grasp of economics.

You're taking running, paid-for, cheap to insure cars and literally throwing them in the garbage (or recycling them and sending the scrap to China, whichever you prefer). Since most of the cars traded in (all?) aren't worth the $4500, you're creating inflation by injecting money into the economy by overpaying for goods. You're wiping out an entire generation of cars that have a viable purpose. When I turned 16, I bought a "clunker" for $500. What are the 16 year olds of the world supposed to buy if all the old cars have been scrapped?

If you still think it makes economic sense, let me ask you this: would you support a program that paid people money to burn down their old homes if they paid a builder to build a new one? Because that's essentially what this program is, except with cars. You can NEVER create wealth by destroying wealth. It's impossible.

The "benefit" of this program is that it replaces fuel inefficient vehicles with efficient ones. But does it really out weigh the negatives? Most of the clunkers, by definition, are probably 2-5 years away from the garbage dump. So tell me, do you think the economic negatives of this program are outweighed by an extra 10 mpg for 2-5 years? I don't.

Its a subsidy for the car makers at the expense of everyone else. That's all it is.

August 3rd, 2009, 2:18 am
RIP Killer

http://www.breitbart.tv/uncovered-video-obama-explains-how-his-health-care-plan-will-eliminate-private-insurance/

August 3rd, 2009, 10:22 am
Modmin Dude

It's all well and good steensn that that's what they're saying; however as I mentioned above, WHY should we trust them to actually do this??? What have they (anyone in DC) done lately to earn our trust???

I"m still waiting for an answer.....

August 3rd, 2009, 10:33 am
RIP Killer

It's all well and good steensn that that's what they're saying; however as I mentioned above, WHY should we trust them to actually do this??? What have they (anyone in DC) done lately to earn our trust???

They've given us no good reason why they should be trusted. But they are the only way get anything done, so we don't have a choice.

August 3rd, 2009, 10:45 am
Modmin Dude

TheRealWags wrote:

They've given us no good reason why they should be trusted. But they are the only way get anything done, so we don't have a choice.

We always have a choice, it is our govt, right? Just because this is something we should/need to do, doesn't mean this group of jokers are the ones do it. It could wait until after the next election cycle. I'm not someone that agrees to something if it's not going to be implemented correctly. I'm not one of the, "We have to do something even if it isn't done right or the right thing" crowd. I'm more of the, "If we're going to do something, do it right" crowd.

August 3rd, 2009, 11:45 am
RIP Killer

I agree, but it won't be any better next elections cycle... or the one after that... or the one after that. I don't like this bill, but something has to be done. I'm not saying I want this bill to pass to be the something.

August 3rd, 2009, 11:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next