View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 1:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 773 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 52  Next
 Lions Predictions 
RIP Killer

Post Lions Predictions
Hey all, we are going to move all predictions about the Lions back to this forum. Please keep all Lions prediction related discussions here as you would have in the "Predictions" forum in the past.

GO LIONS!!! 16-0!!! Wait... I think I got that backwards.

September 3rd, 2009, 10:10 am
RIP Killer

September 3rd, 2009, 11:49 am
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

In typical Lions fashion, they could be anywhere from 2-14 to 10-6, so I'm going to say...........

7-9 Go Lions!!!!!

headbang.gif

September 3rd, 2009, 11:52 am
Head Cheerleader

I think if we win five games that will be an incredible achievement. We are still two-three seasons away from making a push in the NFC North, so another Top 10 pick will do wonders for the overall talent level of the Lions roster.

September 3rd, 2009, 12:09 pm
Pop Warner Allstar

It pains me to say this and I hope I am proven wrong but going to say 2-14

September 3rd, 2009, 12:29 pm
Heisman Winner

All I can predict is, CJ will out perform TO.

And, I'll pick Lions, for no particular reason.

September 3rd, 2009, 1:28 pm
National Champion

I'm gonna say 3-13. I'd love to say more, but they just arn't that good yet...

September 3rd, 2009, 2:28 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Since I was the first to predict that the Lions wouldn't win a game last season, that makes me the reigning champ on the issue. With that said, I really don't have a pulse on this team yet. I love the coaching staff, like the offense, but hate the defense. That combination should get them between 3-5 wins, so I'll go with 4-12.

September 3rd, 2009, 5:08 pm
National Champion

I'll say 5 -11. I think the coaching staff can get us an extra 2- 3 wins just by having a better gameplan and making adjustments that we were lacking last year. 0-16 had never happened before so there is a good chance its not going to happen again 2 years in a row. I also think there will be more of a cohesive team now that Millen has been gone for almost a whole calander year.

September 3rd, 2009, 6:05 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

but...

only one blowout loss.

September 3rd, 2009, 7:12 pm
RIP Killer

WOW!! Sly is back, HLC has shown up......screw Christmas, this is the most magical time of year for Lionbacker!

To quote a phrase from Rocky III "Prediction? PAIN!"

I say the Lions go 4-12.

September 4th, 2009, 9:00 am
Varsity Captain

Since Sly and HLC have shown back up I guess I will chime in also. I predict 4 wins, Culpepper to start if the injury doesn't keep him out, Stafford to start sometime after the bye (between week 8 and 10) and for most of us to be a lot less optomistic by mid season (myself included).

Its not that I don't think the team is moving the right way, its just that when the reality sets in that this team is not going to be very good it will hurt.

I really hope I am wrong and the team pulls off a Falcons/Dolphins type turn around.

Oh I also predict we will be the cellar dwellers in the NFC North again, but that it will be the last we will be the clear worst team for a while.

September 4th, 2009, 10:16 am
RIP Killer

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/ ... ortCat=nfl

Quote:
19. NFC North (order of finish)
Gene's NFC North picks

Minnesota Vikings -- Or the Chicago Bears. Or even the Green Bay Packers. It's that close.

I'm taking the Vikes because Brett Favre will do what Tarvaris Jackson has never done: complete 60 percent or more of his passes. Favre doesn't need to be a weekly hero. He just needs to make teams pay when they load the box against Peterson. It also would help if he cut down on those 22 interceptions of a season ago. This time he'll have a better offensive line than the one he had with the Jets, a better running back, a better offense, a rookie wide receiver in Harvin who just needs a sliver of open space, and a return to the division he knows best.

The Pat and Kevin Williams court situation still remains, so there's a chance Minnesota could be without its nose tackle and defensive tackle for four games apiece. If it happens, defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier, who could be a head coach by 2010, will figure something out.

Bears -- If the Bears want to reach the playoffs, they might have to win the division. It's been eight years since two teams from the NFC North qualified for postseason play. And in the last nine seasons, it's taken at least 10 games to win the division and an average of more than 11 victories.

Why does this matter? Because the Bears went 9-7 with Orton at quarterback in 2008. So it stands to reason that Cutler is worth at least one win, probably two, right? That's what the Bears figure.

Trading Orton for Cutler is like trading a Civic for a Shelby 500. Orton is dependable; Cutler is turbo-charged, yee-haw fun. A few things, though: Cutler thinks with his arm instead of his head way too often. That means interceptions and drive-ending incompletions. And it will be interesting to see how his temper holds up when he realizes the Bears don't have a Brandon Marshall or an Eddie Royal. But at least he has Forte and tight ends Olsen and Desmond Clark.

But the real question has nothing to do with Cutler; it has to do with the defense, specifically the D-line and the secondary. The Bears were 30th against the pass last season and 21st in total defense. If those numbers don't improve, then Cutler could end up doing what he did last season: missing the playoffs.

Packers -- Not much going on the night of Sept. 13. Just the Bears at Lambeau Field and the perfect opportunity for the Packers to make a statement.

Whatever the Pack is doing on offense during the preseason, it needs to keep doing during the regular season. Has Rodgers even thrown an incomplete pass yet?

The Packers aren't going to go 6-10 again. But if they want to challenge for the division, they'll need to remember how to run the ball. Ryan Grant finished with 1,203 yards in 2008, but it was a forgettable 1,000-yard season. The telling number: His yards per carry dropped by 1.2 from a season earlier.

Dom Capers is the defensive coordinator and has a history of seamless transitions when it comes to installing the 3-4. So far, so good during preseason with the new scheme. Through their first three games, the Pack's first-team D had forced 13 turnovers, given up just 10 points and recorded 11 sacks.

Detroit Lions -- You mean the Dan Orlovsky Era is over?

An 0-6 start is a distinct possibility, thanks to games at New Orleans, Minnesota, Washington, at Chicago, Pittsburgh and at Green Bay. But even if that happens, they'll be better than the 2008 Lions team that started out winless and stayed that way. Three reasons: Calvin Johnson, Stafford and Kevin Smith.

Quote:
15. Detroit's Matthew Stafford will have a better rookie season than the Jets' Sanchez because …
Stafford has wide receiver Calvin Johnson, Sanchez doesn't. Sanchez has to play in the world's media capital, Stafford doesn't. True, the Jets have a much better offensive line than the Lions, but Stafford's quick release will help reduce that sack total of 52 in 2008.

Quote:
15. Detroit's Matthew Stafford will have a better rookie season than the Jets' Sanchez because …
Stafford has wide receiver Calvin Johnson, Sanchez doesn't. Sanchez has to play in the world's media capital, Stafford doesn't. True, the Jets have a much better offensive line than the Lions, but Stafford's quick release will help reduce that sack total of 52 in 2008.

September 4th, 2009, 12:14 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

4-12. I'd be happy if we can get 1-2 wins before our bye... what a tough schedule to start the season.

NEVER GIVE UP!

September 4th, 2009, 2:16 pm
Heisman Winner

Lions get off the schneid in game two at home vs. Minny. They almost won both games last year and they will be better on both sides of the ball this year. They catch Minny early which is the key.

Having said that, they are only going to manage 3 more wins all year and will finish 4-12.

Wk Date Game Stadium Time (ET) Tickets Network DIRECTV SIRIUS Westwood One
1 Sep 13 DET @ NO Superdome 1:00 PM Tickets FOX 711

2 Sep 20 MIN @ DET Ford Field 1:00 PM Tickets FOX 711

3 Sep 27 WAS @ DET Ford Field 1:00 PM Tickets FOX 708

4 Oct 04 DET @ CHI Soldier Field 1:00 PM Tickets FOX 708

5 Oct 11 PIT @ DET Ford Field 1:00 PM Tickets CBS 706

6 Oct 18 DET @ GB Lambeau Field 1:00 PM Tickets FOX 708

7 Bye
8 Nov 01 STL @ DET Ford Field 1:00 PM Tickets FOX 708

9 Nov 08 DET @ SEA Qwest Field 4:05 PM Tickets FOX 712

10 Nov 15 DET @ MIN Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome 1:00 PM Tickets FOX 710

11 Nov 22 CLE @ DET Ford Field 1:00 PM Tickets CBS 705