View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 19th, 2014, 1:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Hall of Fame 
Site Admin

Post Hall of Fame
Unfortunately I missed this...any highlights...I heard Barrys dad wasn't the best publicist :lol:

August 9th, 2004, 3:01 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Sean Taylor played very well, had two interceptions and a touchdown. He was very instinctive and read the offense well. The first pick was just the right place in the right time, poor throw. The second one he read the play well and leaped in front of the receiver, and took in home for the score.

Tim Hasselbeck was impressive in his final drive to win the game, showed good maturity and handled the two minute drill well, but again, he was going up against backups.

D.J. Williams showed the athleticism that scouts raved about, and was very quick around the field, always in the action.

Jon Jansen went out with an injury, some say that it is serious and he could be out for the season, but I will wait to see confirmation on it. It was a ruptured tendon by the way.

Darius Watts was impressive at times, but dropped a few balls if I believe. Still, he was showed good route running and athletic ability as well as using his size to his advantage. Doesn't look like a huge stretch as a 2nd round pick as many people commented.

Quentin Griffin started the game as the starting HB, and I wouldn't be that surprised if he kept it the entire season. He broke a few big ones, and ended up with decent stats if I remember.

August 10th, 2004, 12:02 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Oh shoot, I thought you meant the game... :oops:

August 10th, 2004, 12:05 am
Profile WWW
Cheerleader

The game was really good though. Taylor and DJ Williams really impressed me. But what do you expect from Miami (FL) Alumni?

August 10th, 2004, 12:51 am
Profile YIM
Water Boy

Barry was very intelligent in answering questions in the booth during the game with Al Michaels and John Madden.

August 10th, 2004, 3:36 pm
Stats Boy

You didn't miss much. Barrys Dad continued his role of self promotion and outright dissed his son with his presentiation speech. He referred to Barry as the third best back and did not even have the grace or common sense to tell the world he was proud of his son.

Barrys speech was typical Barry. While he was somewhat introspective in his remarks and what a life of football ment to him, his delivery was very amaturish. He needs a publicist and he should have read his speech even though he mentioned that he did not want to appear to be reading his comments from a piece of paper.

Unfortunately the video tape of his remarks which can be used as a record 50 years from now as an insight to Barry the person, will not be very flattering for him.

Mooch

August 19th, 2004, 7:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]