View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 21st, 2014, 11:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Hello Lions Fans...Any Week One Predictions Against N.O.? 
RIP Killer

27-17 NO win

September 7th, 2009, 8:06 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

Post Re: Hello Lions Fans...Any Week One Predictions Against N.O.
Saints Fan in Austin wrote:
Hey Lions Fans,

Looking forward to this weekends game. Any predictions, score or otherwise?

Brees 31-40, 366 yds, 3td's and 0 int.

September 7th, 2009, 8:33 pm
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

i think the improved secondary and linebackers will keep this close. the saints dont exactly pound it inside so the lions weakness (DT) will not be as evident. if jason hanson plays this could be a win. our running game and passing game match up well with the saints

Lions 27
Saints 24

September 7th, 2009, 11:35 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Stallion wrote:
I believe the saints give us the greatest chance to win out of our first 6 games. However, I am not convinced we will win.

Considering last years game, why would you think the Saints give you the best chance? I'm more than curious...

My train of though is that the Saints seem to be a team that starts slow. The Saints could also look past the lions becuase of last years game and our record in general. Smith and Grant could still be suspended which would greatly help the lions becuase it would give the OL a much easier match up and let Stafford sit in the pocket and make some plays. RB Thomas is rumored to possible be out for the first game with injury which should help some. I am not saying the Saints are the worst team we play in that 6 game stretch. I just seems like the best chance for us.

September 7th, 2009, 11:39 pm
RIP Killer

Stafford throws 2 TDs, unfortunately one of them is to the Saints secondary. If they don't go down 21-0 in the first quarter it is a major improvement over the last coaching staff.

September 8th, 2009, 12:40 am
Profile WWW
Mr. Irrelevant

I'm going to go 17-24 NO... I think we control the clock better offensively so that'll keep the score lower... The defense is usually ahead of the offense at this time of year as well...

We'll still lose, but I don't think its going to be in an embarrassing fashion like we did last year...

September 8th, 2009, 12:56 am
Hall of Fame Player

I posted this in the predictions forum a while ago. And I stand by it today.

Quote:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:32 am Post subject: Lions WIN week 1 vs. New Orleans Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
No. I'm not on crack! LOL.

I think New Orleans will take us as a push over and look past us.

And lets face it. The Saints defense wasn't exactly stellar last year either.
Both teams have new DC's and defensive schemes. So, defensively, it's pretty much a push.

Both teams have top 5 caliber Offenses. Sure, the Lions didn't look like it last year. But, Colletto is pathetic as an OC. Look a year earlier at our Offense under Martz. We were pretty good, OFFENSIVELY.

I'll give the Saints the benefit of the doubt of being better on Special Teams except for Kicker. But, you can make up for that by not kicking to Reggie Bush.

I think it will be a high scoring game with both teams struggling on defense. Last team with the ball wins. Hopefully, the Lions have the ball last.

What does anyone else think.

September 9th, 2009, 12:48 am

Quote:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:32 am Post subject: Lions WIN week 1 vs. New Orleans Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post

Both teams have new DC's and defensive schemes. So, defensively, it's pretty much a push.

Both teams have top 5 caliber Offenses. Sure, the Lions didn't look like it last year. But, Colletto is pathetic as an OC. Look a year earlier at our Offense under Martz. We were pretty good, OFFENSIVELY.

I'll give the Saints the benefit of the doubt of being better on Special Teams except for Kicker. But, you can make up for that by not kicking to Reggie Bush.

I think it will be a high scoring game with both teams struggling on defense. Last team with the ball wins. Hopefully, the Lions have the ball last.

If anyone thinks that our offense matches up well with their offence, they're sadly mistaken. They probably DO NOT have a top 5 offense, but we DEFINITELY do not have a top 10 offense...

September 9th, 2009, 2:42 am
Hall of Fame Player

BillySims wrote:

Quote:

If anyone thinks that our offense matches up well with their offence, they're sadly mistaken. They probably DO NOT have a top 5 offense, but we DEFINITELY do not have a top 10 offense...

I think your wrong. But, we'll see.

September 9th, 2009, 2:56 am
wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Quote:

I think your wrong. But, we'll see.

I'll hang my name on that.... and I'll be proud if I'm wrong...

September 9th, 2009, 3:02 am
RIP Killer

I'm going to have to go with wjb on this one... I don't think ANYONES offense competes with the Saints right now.

September 9th, 2009, 10:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2