View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 20th, 2014, 8:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 What are Mich. chances 
QB Coach

Post What are Mich. chances
I realize that U of M played WMU, and the defense looked good and aggressive, but this is an experience, albeit undercoached ND team. What do you think U of M's chances are with rookie QB's? I see this as a barn burner between evenly matched teams, ND has the slight edge because they've had their system and players longers, but that's about it.

Charlie Weiss is a fraud! Living in the shadow of the urine colored dome, that's all you get to see is him laid back in his easy chair show utter disrespect for the media. If ND were to send him packing, I might be able to root for them when they played those difficult teams like Army, or Standford, this school is the queen of soft schedules.

As I've told my WHINING IRISH friends,

USC, Mich., Mich. St., Purdue, does not make a season, but they definitely try to sell it as such...

btw: What do you call ND fans in a basement? The WHINE CELLAR

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

September 10th, 2009, 9:30 pm
RIP Killer

September 10th, 2009, 9:38 pm
U of M better win, ND is a fraud.

We'll see I guess... 35 - 0 isn't a bad score, even if they're playing a crappy team.

Poorly coached? I guess so, but good enough to win a SB...

I'm not saying that ND has it, but they've definitely been in place long enough where they should. This is the first year (I'm pretty sure) of Charlie Weis' players, and they have no more excuses.

If I had to bet me life on this game I don't know who I would pick. The line on the game last Tuesday was 3.5 points, U of M favorite, with U of M being at home. That's virtually nothing... U of M's D played great in the first 1/2, but fell off HARD in the 2nd half. U of M's secondary was EXPOSED (I was at the game... if it weren't for U of M's front 4 or 5 (when they blitzed) that game would have been UGLY!!! There were guys open ALL DAY down field, but the Qb couldn't hit them because of pressure.

This game is a toss-up... I hope U of M wins, and I think they will due to the game being a home game, but it's going to be interesting...

September 11th, 2009, 2:54 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

wjb, I made a similar comment about UM's secondary in another thread. It scares me, but if the pass rushers can get to Clausen, it shouldn't be a huge problem. Regardless, I think this will be a close game that comes down to the end. Hopefully, Michigan can eek out a win against a ranked opponent. Besides, I HATE Notre Dame.

September 11th, 2009, 9:03 am
QB Coach

This is the first year (I'm pretty sure) of Charlie Weis' players, and they have no more excuses.

Actually, Charlie has had his players for what 3 years now, that's an old excuse that doesn't hold water. Why look at Michigan, RR didn't have his players last year, and we suffered for it, this year or 9 months later his players are taking the field. What was it 21 starting freshmen this year? Charlie's had this team longer than the other guy coached Washington, it's been his team.

The thing with SB Charlie is he came in to ND and started rubbing that ring in front of the Padre's and got a FAT contract. He was also quoted as saying, I'm gonna show the rest of these guys how to coach, speaking in reference to the other College coaches.

I've really dislike ND for their holier than thou attitude, and CW displays it every press conference. I wish someone who call him and tell him to sit up straight. Hey Theisman you busy? CW doesn't need a haircut, but he could use an adjustment in humility. I say give that little fella with the glasses a shot again, ND would be National Champions. He bled ND Blue and Gold.

This game concerns me, because I'll take it on the chin from my friends, they really like to give me a hard time when ND beats Mich. but when they lose, I sit back in silence and enjoy their misery.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

September 11th, 2009, 9:16 am
This is the first year (I'm pretty sure) of Charlie Weis' players, and they have no more excuses.

Actually, Charlie has had his players for what 3 years now, that's an old excuse that doesn't hold water. Why look at Michigan, RR didn't have his players last year, and we suffered for it, this year or 9 months later his players are taking the field. What was it 21 starting freshmen this year? Charlie's had this team longer than the other guy coached Washington, it's been his team.

The thing with SB Charlie is he came in to ND and started rubbing that ring in front of the Padre's and got a FAT contract. He was also quoted as saying, I'm gonna show the rest of these guys how to coach, speaking in reference to the other College coaches.

I've really dislike ND for their holier than thou attitude, and CW displays it every press conference. I wish someone who call him and tell him to sit up straight. Hey Theisman you busy? CW doesn't need a haircut, but he could use an adjustment in humility. I say give that little fella with the glasses a shot again, ND would be National Champions. He bled ND Blue and Gold.

This game concerns me, because I'll take it on the chin from my friends, they really like to give me a hard time when ND beats Mich. but when they lose, I sit back in silence and enjoy their misery.

DD, it takes 4 years to get your recruits to Senior level... I'm not letting him off of the hook for anything, I'm just saying that this is legitimately the first year where the entire team is his (besides redshirts, and blah blah blah).

September 11th, 2009, 7:47 pm
wjb, I made a similar comment about UM's secondary in another thread. It scares me, but if the pass rushers can get to Clausen, it shouldn't be a huge problem. Regardless, I think this will be a close game that comes down to the end. Hopefully, Michigan can eek out a win against a ranked opponent. Besides, I HATE Notre Dame.

I liked Notre Dame until recently (the last 8 years). That said, I agree with you about getting to their Qb, but the 2nd 1/2 of the Western game scares me a little bit. I have to believe that ND has a better OL than WMU has, and U of M's pass-rushing ability tailed off in the 2nd 1/2 of the game. It is true that they were resting a lot of their players (Brandon Grahm sat a lot in the 2nd 1/2), but I think we could have done a much better job of getting after WMU's Qb late in the game. If we DON'T get to Clausen, we're toast... U of M's secondary looks terrible this year.

September 11th, 2009, 8:04 pm
RIP Killer

Wow, they are going to play the Much ND game here live! Guess I'll be watching that game here. Kinda weird game to have in Cali IMO. I figured I'd have to start watching a lot of PAC 10 football

September 12th, 2009, 11:33 am
QB Coach

It's because ND buys the contract for Nationally Televised games in order to keep their name in the spotlight. It's a recruiting thing, as well as drawing students to the University.

September 12th, 2009, 12:51 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Actually, today's game is on ABC because it's at Michigan. NBC has the national TV contract for all Notre Dame home games. In case some of you don't know, a certain douchebag that we all hate is going to be the analyst during the broadcast. I may have to mute the volume.

September 12th, 2009, 1:20 pm
RIP Killer

When I saw his face... I almost changed the channel...

September 12th, 2009, 3:34 pm
QB Coach

Just hearing his voice makes me want to puke. Why didn't we get another announcer.

September 12th, 2009, 4:10 pm
RIP Killer

Wow, dodging some bullets! Missed FG and a TD called back (shaky call IMO) but it went the way I'd want it to. NICE KR!

September 12th, 2009, 4:19 pm
QB Coach

Can't believe we couldn't get it in from the 1 just now. Man.

September 12th, 2009, 5:40 pm
RIP Killer

"Maybe we should be calling this game" - Matt Millen ](*,)

Is he THAT obtuse to what he did to the Lions? Seriously...

More proof:

"Decline it, I'd just decline it" - Matt Millen

YOU CAN'T DECLINE A DEAD BALL FOWL IN THE NCAA!!!

September 12th, 2009, 5:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next