View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 28th, 2014, 4:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 777 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 52  Next
 Lions Predictions 
Walk On

I'll say 6-10. Forever being the optimist thats the best I can do for now.

I have another question as well. If Lions homegames aren't sold-out and in blackout can I still watch them if I have NFL SUNDAY TICKET?

September 6th, 2009, 12:14 am
RIP Killer

5. Will the Detroit Lions turn around now that Matt Millen is gone?

Unfortunately, no. The Lions probably will have 25 to 30 new players on the roster, but the roster is old and brittle. It still amazes me that the Lions are in perpetual rebuilding mode yet they remain one of the oldest teams in the league. For example, the average age of the current Lions starting defense is 29.82, oldest in the league. Adding Favre and Cutler to the NFC North will make it even tougher for the Lions to win a division game. The odds favor them winning two to four games, but maybe if they can get lucky, they can get to six.

Quote:
NFC North W L
Minnesota 11 5
Chicago 10 6
Green Bay 10 6
Detroit 2 14

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview09 ... id=4446985[

September 7th, 2009, 1:58 pm
RIP Killer

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview09/team?team=det

Quote:
The Lions finished fourth in the NFC North last season with a 0-16 record. For more Lions coverage, visit: Kevin Seifert's NFC North blog | Lions clubhouse

ANALYST PREDICTION

Jeffri
Chadiha
ESPN.com
DIVISION FINISH: 4 New head coach Jim Schwartz will point this team back in the right direction. Unfortunately for Lions fans, that turnaround won't happen this season.

John
Clayton
ESPN.com
DIVISION FINISH: 4 The Lions might go winless in NFC North games, but they won't go 0-16. Jim Schwartz was a great hire at head coach, and Matthew Stafford will be a star quarterback once he gets more weapons around him. The trouble is there aren't enough young playmakers on defense to make it easier for the Lions to do better than four to six wins.

Tim
Graham
ESPN.com
DIVISION FINISH: 4 Don't expect the Lions to re-enact the Dolphins' spectacular single-season turnaround -- or anything close. And don't expect Matthew Stafford to re-enact Matt Ryan's splashy rookie season -- or anything close.

Jeremy
Green
Scouts Inc.
DIVISION FINISH: 4 They are not a contender, but they will be a better team and have a storyline worth watching (QB Matthew Stafford). Jim Schwartz is moving the Lions in the right direction, but they are a few years away from contending for division titles.

Paul
Kuharsky
ESPN.com
DIVISION FINISH: 4 A five-game jump isn't out of the question, and Jim Schwartz might be a hero if that's the rebound from the franchise's historic winless season.

Matt
Mosley
ESPN.com
DIVISION FINISH: 4 It doesn't matter who starts at quarterback. This team will once again be awful. But the Lions at least will be entertaining if Matt Stafford starts. This could easily be a 13-loss team -- and that would be a big improvement.

Len
Pasquarelli
ESPN.com
DIVISION FINISH: 4 Another coach-general manager makeover, with Jim Schwartz on the sideline and Martin Mayhew in the front office. Both men might need a psychiatrist on-call by the time their maiden season is completed.

Mike
Sando
ESPN.com
DIVISION FINISH: 4 The Lions are rebuilding with aging players. It doesn't make much sense.

Kevin
Seifert
ESPN.com
DIVISION FINISH: 4 A bevy of new veterans could give the Lions some short-term credibility. But ultimately this team knows it is at the start of a long rebuilding process.

James
Walker
ESPN.com
DIVISION FINISH: 4 The Lions are playing with house money. They need only one victory for a 100 percent improvement over last season.
Seth
Wickersham
ESPN The Magazine
DIVISION FINISH: 4 Put it in ink: The Schwartz-led Lions, aided by Kevin Smith, Calvin Johnson, Matthew Stafford and an improved pass rush, knock the Bears out of the playoffs on Jan. 3, setting the stage for a 2010 with -- gasp! -- expectations.

Bill
Williamson
ESPN.com
DIVISION FINISH: 4 The Lions should be improved some. Yes, that means they will win three or four games. The healing process has begun, but the Lions aren't ready to compete with the three other teams in the division.

Matt
Williamson
Scouts Inc.
DIVISION FINISH: 4 Line play (on both sides of the ball) will hold Detroit back, and after another season with just a few wins, the Lions will be able to attack this problem over the next offseason. The rest of the team has pieces in place. There is reason for optimism in Detroit, but the Lions still lack a foundation of big people.

Pat
Yasinskas
ESPN.com
DIVISION FINISH: 4 The Lions will be better, but that's only because they can't be any worse. Not much more you can say about this team.

September 9th, 2009, 11:54 am
Stadium Announcer

Stafford plays so well that the Lions get a Monday Night Football game next season.

September 13th, 2009, 12:52 am
Pro Bowl Player

Consensus... losers...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview09/team?team=det

Quote:
The Lions finished fourth in the NFC North last season with a 0-16 record. For more Lions coverage, visit: Kevin Seifert's NFC North blog | Lions clubhouse

ANALYST PREDICTION

Jeffri
Chadiha
ESPN.com
DIVISION FINISH: 4 New head coach Jim Schwartz will point this team back in the right direction. Unfortunately for Lions fans, that turnaround won't happen this season.

John
Clayton
ESPN.com
DIVISION FINISH: 4 The Lions might go winless in NFC North games, but they won't go 0-16. Jim Schwartz was a great hire at head coach, and Matthew Stafford will be a star quarterback once he gets more weapons around him. The trouble is there aren't enough young playmakers on defense to make it easier for the Lions to do better than four to six wins.

Tim
Graham
ESPN.com
DIVISION FINISH: 4 Don't expect the Lions to re-enact the Dolphins' spectacular single-season turnaround -- or anything close. And don't expect Matthew Stafford to re-enact Matt Ryan's splashy rookie season -- or anything close.

Jeremy
Green
Scouts Inc.
DIVISION FINISH: 4 They are not a contender, but they will be a better team and have a storyline worth watching (QB Matthew Stafford). Jim Schwartz is moving the Lions in the right direction, but they are a few years away from contending for division titles.

Paul
Kuharsky
ESPN.com
DIVISION FINISH: 4 A five-game jump isn't out of the question, and Jim Schwartz might be a hero if that's the rebound from the franchise's historic winless season.

Matt
Mosley
ESPN.com
DIVISION FINISH: 4 It doesn't matter who starts at quarterback. This team will once again be awful. But the Lions at least will be entertaining if Matt Stafford starts. This could easily be a 13-loss team -- and that would be a big improvement.

Len
Pasquarelli
ESPN.com
DIVISION FINISH: 4 Another coach-general manager makeover, with Jim Schwartz on the sideline and Martin Mayhew in the front office. Both men might need a psychiatrist on-call by the time their maiden season is completed.

Mike
Sando
ESPN.com
DIVISION FINISH: 4 The Lions are rebuilding with aging players. It doesn't make much sense.

Kevin
Seifert
ESPN.com
DIVISION FINISH: 4 A bevy of new veterans could give the Lions some short-term credibility. But ultimately this team knows it is at the start of a long rebuilding process.

James
Walker
ESPN.com
DIVISION FINISH: 4 The Lions are playing with house money. They need only one victory for a 100 percent improvement over last season.
Seth
Wickersham
ESPN The Magazine
DIVISION FINISH: 4 Put it in ink: The Schwartz-led Lions, aided by Kevin Smith, Calvin Johnson, Matthew Stafford and an improved pass rush, knock the Bears out of the playoffs on Jan. 3, setting the stage for a 2010 with -- gasp! -- expectations.

Bill
Williamson
ESPN.com
DIVISION FINISH: 4 The Lions should be improved some. Yes, that means they will win three or four games. The healing process has begun, but the Lions aren't ready to compete with the three other teams in the division.

Matt
Williamson
Scouts Inc.
DIVISION FINISH: 4 Line play (on both sides of the ball) will hold Detroit back, and after another season with just a few wins, the Lions will be able to attack this problem over the next offseason. The rest of the team has pieces in place. There is reason for optimism in Detroit, but the Lions still lack a foundation of big people.

Pat
Yasinskas
ESPN.com
DIVISION FINISH: 4 The Lions will be better, but that's only because they can't be any worse. Not much more you can say about this team.

It's so pathetic what passes for 'journalism' these days. Seriously, it's like all of these guys just read a couple of Lions press releases before making their prediction. I love the guy who says Stafford will be good when he has some 'weapons' around him, and the jackass who says we're 'rebuilding with veterans'.

It's gonna be a struggle because our defense is so suspect. The starters on 'D' maybe aren't terrible, but it seems like there's no depth outside of the LB position. Nevertheless, it should be a fun season to watch. 4-12.

September 13th, 2009, 9:05 am
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

I'll stick with my pre-season prediction of 4-12 -- wins at home against the Vikings, Redskins (uh huh!), and Rams; the Bengals on the road.

September 18th, 2009, 10:01 am
Div 1 - Starter

5-12. That is assuming we steal one from Minny or Chicago and knowing we'll blow one against STL, SEA, CLE or CIN.

My favorite day ever as a Lions fan.

Somehow landing the Ndamo-nator would be the second best day ever.

September 19th, 2009, 2:49 pm
Heisman Winner

5-12. That is assuming we steal one from Minny or Chicago and knowing we'll blow one against STL, SEA, CLE or CIN.

Bet u 50$ that won't happen. :lol:

September 19th, 2009, 7:06 pm
Lionbacker Rehab Guru

It pains me to say this and I hope I am proven wrong but going to say 2-14

We have a winner!
Pablo and Hystrix went for 3 - 13 and Wags briefly flirted with 2-14, but only one Lionbacker had the kahonnies to pick 2 - 14. Darb 27. Congratulations. You have our awe, undying respect and deep admiration... for today at least.

January 5th, 2010, 3:18 pm
RIP Killer

January 5th, 2010, 3:20 pm
Varsity Captain

I really expected the Lions to win the rams game and either the Seattle or Home Bears game. Oh well I knew I was being optomistic when I said 4 wins.

January 5th, 2010, 6:08 pm
National Champion

I was close. I thought they could have won a third game. How sad is it that they weren't even that good.

January 5th, 2010, 9:13 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

hey i made bets with three different people that we would win 6 games i was off more then u guys

January 6th, 2010, 2:39 am
Pop Warner Allstar

Darb27 wrote:
It pains me to say this and I hope I am proven wrong but going to say 2-14

We have a winner!
Pablo and Hystrix went for 3 - 13 and Wags briefly flirted with 2-14, but only one Lionbacker had the kahonnies to pick 2 - 14. Darb 27. Congratulations. You have our awe, undying respect and deep admiration... for today at least.

Sigh, I was really hoping to be proven wrong.

January 7th, 2010, 11:46 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Re: Lions Predictions
projected roster: 52/53

QB: Stafford, Shaun Hill, Drew Stanton
RB: BEN TATE, Kevin Smith, Maurice Morris
FB: Jerome Felton, Dan Gronkowski
TE: Brandon Pettigrew, Will Heller, Tony Scheffler
WR: Calvin Johnson, Nate Burleson, Bryant Johnson, Derrick Williams, Aaron Brown
OT: Jeff Backus, Gosder Cherilus, Jon Jansen
OG: Stephen Peterman, Rob Sims, Manny Ramirez
C: Dominic Raiola, Dylan Gandy

DE: Kyle VandenBosch, Jason Hunter, [b]Greg Hardy[/b], Turk McBride, Jared DeVries
DT: [b]Ndamakung Suh[/b], Corey Williams, Sammie Hill, Joe Cohen
OLB: Julian Peterson, [b]Keith Bulluck[/b], Cliff Avril, Zak Follet, Landon Johnson, DRAFT?
MLB: DeAndre Levy, Jordan Dizon
CB: Adam Jones, Chris Houston, Dante Wesley, Jon Wade, Eric King
FS: Louis Delmas, Ko Simpson
SS: Daniel Bullocks, Marquand Manuel

PR/KR: Adam Jones
K: Jason Hanson
P: Nick Harris

FA: Adam Jones, Keith Bulluck
Draft: Ndamakung Suh, Ben Tate, Greg Hardy, Unknown LB, 7th rd x 4 (CB, OL, LB, S)

April 21st, 2010, 2:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 777 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 52  Next