View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 26th, 2014, 3:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Crabtree's Holdout 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

And to any GM who wants to draft anyone that even touched Deon's shadow.

September 22nd, 2009, 8:02 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I just split these posts from the Charles Rogers thread since it had gotten off-topic and this issue deserves it's own thread. As for Crabtree and his agent, Eugene Parker, they are both idiots. They want the same money at #10 as Heyward-Bey got at #7, and it isn't going to happen. If he decides to re-enter the draft next year, there are many teams that won't even have him on their board, and he more than likely won't be selected anywhere near #10 overall. My guess is that he'll fall to the 2nd round and lose out on millions of dollars in the process.

September 22nd, 2009, 10:25 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I personally thought Crabtree was overrated to begin with. We will see how he works out next season if goes thru the draft again. I think 3rd is the highest he would go.

September 22nd, 2009, 10:30 am
RIP Killer

I just do not get it. What an idiot, seriously... he thinks he can get drafted higher and get paid more after what he just pulled. There are strong words for guys like him...

September 22nd, 2009, 10:41 am
QB Coach

With sitting out a year this mental midget has Big Mike Williams written all over him. He has just shot his career because no matter the work out regimen, it ain't football, and he's taken a year off without actually playing in the NFL. He's done!

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

September 23rd, 2009, 9:42 pm
RIP Killer

Difference is Mike Williams didn't miss a year on purpose. This idiot is missing a whole year on PURPOSE and deserves whatever later than the 1st round pick/contract he ends up getting. I'd wouldn't touch the guy after this. He doesn't even get basic fundamentals like, if you don't work you don't get paid.

September 23rd, 2009, 9:51 pm
With sitting out a year this mental midget has Big Mike Williams written all over him. He has just shot his career because no matter the work out regimen, it ain't football, and he's taken a year off without actually playing in the NFL. He's done!

One major difference between the two is Crabtree seems to have a better work ethic than BMW, doesn't seem to have weight issues, and seems faster than Mike Williams. I really don't see Crabtree being as big of a bust as BMW, but who knows...

September 23rd, 2009, 10:29 pm

Remember, this is the same guy that got injured and wasn't able to make the combine's 40 yd dash.

My thinking is, his agent assumes that he's fast and next year, when he does get a chance to run the dash, he'd impress people (cough..Al Davis..cough) enough to warrant a better pick and a better pay.

But, what they're forgetting is, if Al doesn't pick him, they're doomed until next round when Al gets another chance. Although, with this kinda ridiculousness in his track record, I don't think even the old man is senile enough to take a chance on CraPtree.

Last edited by DayDreamer on September 23rd, 2009, 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

DayDreamer, the problem with your theory is that the 49ers maintain his rights until the day of the 2010 draft. Therefore, Crabtree can't participate in the Combine, workout and/or interview with other teams, or even have his agent discuss his status with other teams. Basically, he's screwed and that's why you never see other players doing anything as stupid as this. Then again, he hired Eugene Parker to be his agent, so he should have known what he was getting himself into.

September 23rd, 2009, 10:54 pm

Good point Slybri, well, my 40 time theory is out the window then. What the hell are they thinking would happen next year??

Or maybe their only hope is that the 9ers would eventually give in and sign him to a ridiculous contract this season. And even if they did that, he wouldn't be productive enough this season to warrant that kinda money, what with him having missed pretty much every practice rep ever made in SF.

September 24th, 2009, 12:03 am

The 49ers aren't stupid. They are offering more than $20M, which is fair for the 10th overall pick. Unfortunately, Parker (Crabtree's agent) wants $40M which is what Heyward-Bey got at #7 (because the big bucks curently stop at #7 or #8 ). He isn't going to get it, and if he returns to the draft next year, he'll probably lose atleast $10M. Honestly, he needs to fire his agent.

September 24th, 2009, 12:16 am
Bubbles the Lion

He needs to fire his agent and get new friends. They are all giving him the delusion that he will re enter the draft next year and get more money. The Niners should give up and shop his rights. He would have been a nice addition but I'm glad to see them do well. Singletary would have to kick him out of a lot of games. I WANT WINNERS!

September 28th, 2009, 11:12 pm
Profile WWW
Player of the Year - Defense

The deadline to shop his rights was August 16th. Now they have until Nov.17th to sign him or he's out for the season and re-enters the draft.

September 29th, 2009, 12:31 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I don't see SF backing down from what they offered and it appears they are doing quiet well w/out him. Now, if this prima donna doesn't sign.. then does SF get any compensation?

NEVER GIVE UP!

September 29th, 2009, 1:57 pm

No, the 49ers don't get any compensation if they don't sign Crabtree. It's their own fault for drafting the diva in the first place, though. Another warning sign was that he hired Eugene Parker to be his agent. Here's a little tidbit: Only one of Parker's last 18 1st round picks made it to training camp on time. That should give you an idea about whom the 49ers are dealing with here.

September 29th, 2009, 2:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next