View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2014, 8:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Draft Tek Consensus Mock 
RIP Killer

Post Draft Tek Consensus Mock
www.drafttek.com
Look under 2010 Mock Draft

1. CLE DT Ndamukong Suh
2. STL DE Greg Hardy
3. KC OT Russell Okung
4. TB WR Dez Bryant
5. OAK OT Trent Williams
6. DET DT Gerald McCoy
7. MIA LB Brandon Spikes
8. WAS FS Taylor Mays (No way, not another 1st round safety)
9. HOU DT Arthur Jones
10. JAX QB Colt McCoy
11. SF DT Terrence Cody (a little too high, in my opinion)
12. BUF QB Sam Bradford (not if Trent keeps playing well)
13. SEA RB C.J. Spiller (before a receiver or tackle??)
14. TEN WR Brandon LaFell
15. ARZ OT Selvish Capers
16. CIN LB Sean Weatherspoon (What?? Great player, but another LB?)
17. SF FS Eric Berry
18. SEA DT Marvin Austin
19. GB OT Ciron Black
20. DEN WR Marshawn Gilyard
21. ATL CB Patrick Robinson
22. PIT SS Darrell Stuckey
23. SD RB Jonathan Dwyer
24. DAL LB Rolondo McClain
25. PHI CB Syd'Quan Thompson
26. NE DE Carlos Dunlap
27. NYJ CB Trevard Lindley
28. IND LB Jerry Hughes
29. MIN QB Tim Tebow
30. NO DT Jared Odrick
31. BAL WR Arrelious Benn
32. NYG SS Rennie Curran

October 2nd, 2009, 1:45 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

I thought Jax was really interested in Tim Tebow??? Who did this mock and what is their credibility?

October 2nd, 2009, 2:17 pm
Post Re: Draft Tek Consensus Mock
m2karateman wrote:
www.drafttek.com
Look under 2010 Mock Draft

1. CLE DT Ndamukong Suh
2. STL DE Greg Hardy
3. KC OT Russell Okung
4. TB WR Dez Bryant
5. OAK OT Trent Williams
6. DET DT Gerald McCoy
7. MIA LB Brandon Spikes
8. WAS FS Taylor Mays (No way, not another 1st round safety)
9. HOU DT Arthur Jones
10. JAX QB Colt McCoy
11. SF DT Terrence Cody (a little too high, in my opinion)
12. BUF QB Sam Bradford (not if Trent keeps playing well)
13. SEA RB C.J. Spiller (before a receiver or tackle??)
14. TEN WR Brandon LaFell
15. ARZ OT Selvish Capers
16. CIN LB Sean Weatherspoon (What?? Great player, but another LB?)
17. SF FS Eric Berry
18. SEA DT Marvin Austin
19. GB OT Ciron Black
20. DEN WR Marshawn Gilyard
21. ATL CB Patrick Robinson
22. PIT SS Darrell Stuckey
23. SD RB Jonathan Dwyer
24. DAL LB Rolondo McClain
25. PHI CB Syd'Quan Thompson
26. NE DE Carlos Dunlap
27. NYJ CB Trevard Lindley
28. IND LB Jerry Hughes
29. MIN QB Tim Tebow
30. NO DT Jared Odrick
31. BAL WR Arrelious Benn
32. NYG SS Rennie Curran

I don't know that Wash. wouldn't draft another 1st round safety. They've had good luck with the talent they've gotten out of their past 1st round safetys and they need to replace Sean Taylor... I like our DT pick, as long as there isn't a great LT prospect available when we pick. I don't believe for a minute that there won't be a Qb drafted in the top 5. IMO Oak. and Wash. both need to think about a Qb if Bradford is available. I'll be mad as hell if Bradford falls to a reasonable slot (5ish) and we could have had him AND a LT in the last draft. IMO that would have been the ideal situation. I think that way we would have ended up with a better team and a better Qb.

I can see Seat. going with a RB over WR or OT. IMO an RB does more for an offense (see AP vs CJ) and if you have a choice between a 2nd tier OT and a 1st tier RB, you take the RB.

RJ - I really can't see Tim Tebow being a first round pick...

October 2nd, 2009, 2:54 pm
RIP Killer

I thought Jax was really interested in Tim Tebow??? Who did this mock and what is their credibility?

Take the time to visit the website.

Draft Tek uses a computer program loaded with algorithms that use need, player position, player value, and a few other things to determine selection. They continually tweak the program based on the outcomes of mocks like this. In some cases the position is too valued, in some cases the need is over-estimated.

Draft Tek has been around for at least three years. They have analysts on staff, but I don't believe any of them are the "big name" overpaid talking heads we've come to know and love/hate.....like El Hair Helmet.

October 2nd, 2009, 2:56 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Draft Tek Consensus Mock
wjb21ndtown wrote:
I don't know that Wash. wouldn't draft another 1st round safety. They've had good luck with the talent they've gotten out of their past 1st round safetys and they need to replace Sean Taylor... I like our DT pick, as long as there isn't a great LT prospect available when we pick. I don't believe for a minute that there won't be a Qb drafted in the top 5. IMO Oak. and Wash. both need to think about a Qb if Bradford is available. I'll be mad as hell if Bradford falls to a reasonable slot (5ish) and we could have had him AND a LT in the last draft. IMO that would have been the ideal situation. I think that way we would have ended up with a better team and a better Qb.

I can see Seat. going with a RB over WR or OT. IMO an RB does more for an offense (see AP vs CJ) and if you have a choice between a 2nd tier OT and a 1st tier RB, you take the RB.

RJ - I really can't see Tim Tebow being a first round pick...

Washington has enough talent at safety right now. I don't see them spending that pick when they really need to start thinking about their o-line and upgrade their cornerbacks. Of course, Daniel Snyder is the younger version of Al Davis...so who knows.

McCoy is my pick for the Lions so far.....but that could change. I would like to see us get a top notch LT as well. We'll see how it plays out.

Seattle has Julius Jones, who I think is better than some people realize. Seattle's offensive line is trash. Walter Jones is all but done, they've never really done a good job of filling in for Hutchinson when he left, and the rest of their starters are mediocre, at best. They also have needs at receiver, in a big way. Remember that many had projected Crabtree to go to Seattle because of their needs. They need to start thinking QB as well......this team needs an overhaul. I like Spiller, but I don't see him as being a top 15 player. What really gets me in this mock is that at their pick Seattle could have Eric Berry. I don't see them passing on him.

October 2nd, 2009, 3:09 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

regularjoe12 wrote:

Take the time to visit the website.

Draft Tek uses a computer program loaded with algorithms that use need, player position, player value, and a few other things to determine selection. They continually tweak the program based on the outcomes of mocks like this. In some cases the position is too valued, in some cases the need is over-estimated.

Draft Tek has been around for at least three years. They have analysts on staff, but I don't believe any of them are the "big name" overpaid talking heads we've come to know and love/hate.....like El Hair Helmet.

Ok cool, thanks I'll check it out. Sorry if I sounded like I was mocking it, I've just never heard of it and some of the things on there arn't anywhere near what I was expecting. (like Wash taking a saftey over a QB)

and 1 more thing.....who is "El Hair Helmet"? lol

October 2nd, 2009, 3:14 pm
RIP Killer

Ok cool, thanks I'll check it out. Sorry if I sounded like I was mocking it, I've just never heard of it and some of the things on there arn't anywhere near what I was expecting. (like Wash taking a saftey over a QB)

In November they will add two more rounds, and by December they'll have a full seven round mock available.

They do a bunch of interesting things on there. Almost everything is driven by their computer program. It is definitely worth looking at. They already have their Big Board set up....though we all know that it is going to change dramatically week after week.

And if you don't know who "El Hair Helmut" is, you haven't been watching the draft. ;)

October 2nd, 2009, 3:37 pm
Div 1 - Starter

They are a fun site to check out closer to the draft. I don't usually pay attention to mocks until closer to the end of the season or draft usually due to the large amount of factors that can change over the course of the season and offseason, but this can be interesting nonetheless. I'm not up on all the needs of the rest of the league always so it gives you an idea at least.

October 2nd, 2009, 4:03 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

To be honest, I've never been a huge fan of Draft Tek, but I still check out their site often. I saw their mock yesterday and laughed, so I didn't bother posting it. However, it's still early, and I'm sure that they'll get better as the season goes along, as they usually do.

The thing I like about them is that they have a full 7 round mock draft by the end of the season or shortly thereafter, and they update their mock atleast once a week. Very few other sites do those things.

On the flipside, I have never agreed with their player rankings and I have no idea who does it or how they come up with them. Case in point, Greg Hardy is currently ranked #2, while Eric Berry is 13th (17th in the mock). The team needs are done by a chosen fan of each individual team. Some of them are spot on, while others leave much to be desired. This makes the entire computer simulation inconsistent from one team to the next.

With all that said, I still think it's a pretty cool site, but I wouldn't take their mock very seriously. It's no better or worse than the hundreds of others that are out there.

October 2nd, 2009, 6:26 pm
Hall of Fame Player

I don't buy the idea that the 1st QB off the board doesn't happen until pick #10.

There will be 3 QB's off the board by then.

October 2nd, 2009, 7:19 pm

Mel Kiper!!!

October 4th, 2009, 12:41 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

On the flipside, I have never agreed with their player rankings and I have no idea who does it or how they come up with them. Case in point, Greg Hardy is currently ranked #2, while Eric Berry is 13th (17th in the mock).

They average out a lot of other sites rankings from what I understand. It could hurt Berry's ranking becuase he may not be listed due to hi underclassmen status.

October 4th, 2009, 10:52 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Stallion, the problem with your theory is that I haven't seen Hardy ranked anywhere near #2 at any other site.

October 5th, 2009, 11:49 am
Varsity Benchwarmer

http://www.mynfldraft.com/NFL-Mock-Draft

both drafts have us getting berry......something to think about....one has mays goin before berry one has him goin right after berry

October 5th, 2009, 3:29 pm
RIP Killer

Both of those have Jimmy Clauson going to the Browns... NO WAY do they ND QB again... not after Brady Quinn.

But I just cannot see us going S this year. I don't think it makes us a better team compared to a DT/DE/CB and there are lots of very good ones coming out this year.

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/mockdrafts.htm

October 5th, 2009, 3:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next