View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 27th, 2014, 6:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Playoffs!?! 
Div 1 - Starter

Good win, now they need to get the next one so that they can lock it up and get the rotation ready for the playoffs.

September 30th, 2009, 10:46 pm
Head Cheerleader

Post inge
Whoever said Inge should have went on the DL is stupid!

He is one of the main reasons we are in the playoffs. W/O the great defense increase from last year there is no way we could hold teams off with our poor offense.

LET'S GO TIGERS LETS WIN TOMORROW AND GET READY FOR THE PLAYOFFS!

October 1st, 2009, 2:35 am
Heisman Winner

Post Re: inge
BrandonOtt87 wrote:
Whoever said Inge should have went on the DL is stupid!

He is one of the main reasons we are in the playoffs. W/O the great defense increase from last year there is no way we could hold teams off with our poor offense.

LET'S GO TIGERS LETS WIN TOMORROW AND GET READY FOR THE PLAYOFFS!

I said it, and I also still feel that he is the main reason the Tiger's haven't wrap up the Division yet. And I'll say once again, he's a middle of the pack 3rd baseman (.956 fielding percentage 9th in the AL for 3rd basemen), not to mention his .232 batting average (20th among 3rd basemen in MLB).

But thanks for the personal attack without backing your argument up with any facts.

October 1st, 2009, 7:59 am
Head Cheerleader

He has a terrible fielding percentage because he goes for the big plays when we need them. Unlike most third baseman who go for the stats and don't want to get an error. That is why he has so many errors. You know it's not about stats it's what he does on the field. He is playing effectively with two terrible knees. I'm sure if you wanted to put your fantasy third baseman in that position it would not help our team.

Inge is a baseball player... and plays for the team not for his own stats and that's why He has been a big help from last year's third baseman.

October 1st, 2009, 9:28 am
Head Cheerleader

Miguel Cabrera .292
3 2B Placido Polanco .307
4 SS Edgar Renteria .270
5 3B Carlos Guillen# .286
6 LF Marcus Thames95 .241
7 CF Curtis Granderson* .280
8 RF Magglio Ordonez .317 .
9 DH Gary Sheffield .225

2008 Batting Averages..
We did so much better as as a team with high batting average in 3B
Let's not worry about defense or RBIs

October 1st, 2009, 9:42 am
Walk On

For all you Inge haters. 6-12 with 6 RBI's in twins series. Say what you will but I love the guy.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!

October 1st, 2009, 9:51 am
RIP Killer

Wow, Inge has actually did what he's paid to do for a whopping 5 or 6 games since the break.

Other than that, he's whiffing about 35% of the time. I'm so sick of seeing him wince every time he swings the damn bat. And even when he's healthy and not writhing in pain, he still strikes out a ton. He's at 167 K's on the year. 5th most in the MLB. The guys in front of him - Dunn, Cust, Howard, and Reynolds. Cust is the only one with near the average or SLG % of Inge.

He misses a lot of routine balls. Sure he makes some stellar plays, but he also bobbles a lot of routine balls. Inge gives great effort, whether it be on a routine play or one that a 3rd sacker like A-Rod wouldn't attempt. How about Span's bunt/hit that Inge winged over to first and nearly got him out. Hell of a play, but a play that a healthy Inge would have likely got.

Inge is like Laird - all heart and not a great talent. Good player, but not a can't miss type player. There's a dozen better 3rd sackers in the league over Inge, but the coaching staff likes him because he gives 100% (even in striking out) and he's a great athlete (very versatile). Not to mention, he's a fan favorite and puts more than a few asses in the seats.

Another beef I have with Inge is his 2 SBs in 7 attempts. That's pathetic for a guy like Inge. Where's the wheels? Don't tell me it's because of his knees - he was getting ate up in the first half stealing. For a guy with his speed, he's an awful base runner.

October 1st, 2009, 11:28 am
Heisman Winner

He has a terrible fielding percentage because he goes for the big plays when we need them. Unlike most third baseman who go for the stats and don't want to get an error. That is why he has so many errors. You know it's not about stats it's what he does on the field. He is playing effectively with two terrible knees. I'm sure if you wanted to put your fantasy third baseman in that position it would not help our team.

Inge is a baseball player... and plays for the team not for his own stats and that's why He has been a big help from last year's third baseman.

WRONG...you don't get charged an error when you can't make the "non-typical" play, so the ones where he's diving around and making or just missing the out are not counted against his fielding percentage, in fact it helps it. It's the easy plays were he pulls up early or even worse doesn't even get down far enough and let's the ball by him that is causing his fielding percentage to drop.

Furthermore I don't play fantasy baseball and I have no idea why that would matter even if I did. If Inge isn't going for the stats I want him on the team even less, it's the stats that actually get the result I'm looking for which are wins.

Awful, awful awful.

He's worse than, and I cringe to even say it, Bobby Higginson when it comes to overpaid players in Detroit baseball history.

October 1st, 2009, 3:27 pm
Head Cheerleader

I do like Inge, and I do think he's an upgrade to a lot of third baseman, other managers feel the same when they were talking about him before the all-star break.

:) Hopefully he hits a GW RBI agaisnt yankees!

October 1st, 2009, 3:35 pm
Heisman Winner

Ok you got me.

I do like Inge, and I do think he's an upgrade to a lot of third baseman, other managers feel the same when they were talking about him before the all-star break.

:) Hopefully he hits a GW RBI agaisnt yankees!

That would be great!

October 1st, 2009, 4:17 pm
RIP Killer

With the turd of a showing he and the rest of the team had today, he won't even have that shot.

4 errors and 7 hits and you can't push across more than 3? Baker didn't dominate, so WTF?

The foul fly out where Santiago was supposedly doubled off at first was a complete sham. He didn't leave the bag early, the ump wasn't even in a position to make the call.

BTW - why did the strike zone move throughout the game? Seemed like it was all over the place depending on the pitcher.

How about the mini-brawl? Bonderman should have aimed for his nugget and laid his rectum out.

October 1st, 2009, 4:46 pm
Div 1 - Starter

These last few games are the Tigers in a nutshell. They can't get the bats going in a consistent way. They'll go hot a game and then cold for 3 or 4. This loss really hurts them. Now they'll have to throw out their top pitchers against the Sox to get into the playoffs and won't match up well with the Yankees. They could still win that division series but only if they freaking hit the ball. Guys who have been lagging all season that have been counted on in the past will need to step it up if this team is going to make it past the divisional series or even to the playoffs. And as a sidenote go Royals, if KC wins the first game and Detroit wins the first game the drama is over finally.

October 1st, 2009, 5:24 pm
Head Cheerleader

MAN! Ozzie guillen ruined the playoffs for us so far by holding back peavy for this start. Announcer say how guillen loves the twins and the way they play and wants to give them the advantage..

Now we start another rookie pitcher tomorrow I'm scared it's going to be a collapse of epic proportions in detroit style. I hope I'm wrong :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

October 2nd, 2009, 11:49 pm
RIP Killer

After the turd of a showing we had last night, I feel confident that Figaro can give us 4 innings of 2 run ball and Miner can give us 3 more of 1 run ball.

We can score more than 3 off Garcia - he's not that good.

The real test will be Danks, who's as underrated as they come. Danks is going to be the WSux #2 next year - he's a hell of a pitcher. I'm not that confident in Verlander's game against Danks. Verlander will feel the heat and try to throw the cheese. Throwing the high cheese doesn't work against heavy hitters like the Sux - as E Jax.

However, it was fun to watch the Royals score 7 unanswered against the Twins, who's bullpen got ate up. If they can do that, they'll have a W in line with Grienke at the mound.

October 3rd, 2009, 11:35 am
Div 1 - Starter

Well that sucked last night...hopefully it goes better today.

October 3rd, 2009, 3:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next