View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 16th, 2014, 11:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Playoffs!?! 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I hate to say it, but the Tigers deserve to lose. Their downfall was losing 5 out of 6 to KC last month. IF the Twins beat KC 6 out of 6 to close out the season, they deserve to win the division. The Tigers have no one to blame but themselves.

October 3rd, 2009, 4:16 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Can it look any more like they are trying to choke away the playoffs?

If they can't hit a home run, they can't score. This offense is pathetic. And if they do somehow, pull their heads out of their Dairy Air, they will get demolished by the Stankies.

October 3rd, 2009, 8:52 pm
Div 1 - Starter

This is absolutely pathetic. To get to a point where a playoff might be necessary after the cushion they had is just ridiculous.

October 3rd, 2009, 11:35 pm
Head Cheerleader

This is very upsetting to lose AGAIN to the White Sox, but I'd rather be in this position then last years. The Tigers haven't won a division title in 22 years.

I have trust that Verlander is going to pitch an incredible game, he just won't let us down! The Twins game isn't a lock for the W either, Royals almost came back!

I'll be watching both games; Lions and Tigers tomorrow at 1:00. Hopefully Detroit won't let me down!

October 4th, 2009, 3:53 am
Div 1 - Starter

October 4th, 2009, 3:51 pm
1st Round Pick

Playoff in Minny...here we go.

I want to know why the twins always get to Host these things? Didnt they Host the white sox last year in a one game playoff in the dome?

October 4th, 2009, 8:48 pm
Div 1 - Starter

SimplePoster wrote:

I want to know why the twins always get to Host these things? Didnt they Host the white sox last year in a one game playoff in the dome?

Because they win their division series. The Twins won the season series with Detroit so they get to host the one game playoff. They got it with the Sox as well last year. This is what scares me about the playoff.

October 4th, 2009, 9:10 pm
RIP Killer

Lionman3 wrote:
SimplePoster wrote:

Because they win their division series. The Twins won the season series with Detroit so they get to host the one game playoff. They got it with the Sox as well last year. This is what scares me about the playoff.

Wrong.

The Sox hosted last year because they won the coin toss, even though Minny won the season series.

The league changed that ruling this year to state that the team to win the season series hosts the tiebreaker.

October 5th, 2009, 8:46 am
Heisman Winner

SimplePoster wrote:
Lionman3 wrote:
SimplePoster wrote:

Wrong.

The Sox hosted last year because they won the coin toss, even though Minny won the season series.

The league changed that ruling this year to state that the team to win the season series hosts the tiebreaker.

Cool, I was wondering when that rule went into place.

October 5th, 2009, 10:42 am
RIP Killer

Unfortunately it was because of the stinky twinky bitching that the rule got changed.

Damn whiners...now we are gauranteed to play in that craphole of a park. Real ball isn't played in domes, WTF.

October 5th, 2009, 1:55 pm
Div 1 - Starter

SimplePoster wrote:
Lionman3 wrote:
SimplePoster wrote:

Wrong.

My bad...bit of a memory fail.

October 5th, 2009, 3:42 pm
RIP Killer

I like Porcello in this game over Baker. Both pitchers apparently stink against each other in the dome.

Baker's line...
@ MIN
6 IP, 5 ER
4.2 IP, 4 ER

@ DET
4.1 IP, 6 ER
5 IP, 1 R, 0 ER

Porcello's line...
@ Min
4 IP, 6 R, 4 ER
6 IP, 6 ER

@ DET
7 IP, 0 ER
6.1 IP, 1 ER

October 6th, 2009, 8:20 am
I like Porcello in this game over Baker. Both pitchers apparently stink against each other in the dome.

Baker's line...
@ MIN
6 IP, 5 ER
4.2 IP, 4 ER

@ DET
4.1 IP, 6 ER
5 IP, 1 R, 0 ER

Porcello's line...
@ Min
4 IP, 6 R, 4 ER
6 IP, 6 ER

@ DET
7 IP, 0 ER
6.1 IP, 1 ER

True, but I like Minny's red-hot offense against w/e it is that you can call ours...

October 6th, 2009, 8:55 am
Div 1 - Starter

What a bummer. I don't really feel like posting everything I thought during the game. It sucks but they lost this not tonight but over the last weeks of the season as they wasted a comfortable lead and choked away a chance at another playoff run.

October 6th, 2009, 9:51 pm
Heisman Winner

What a bummer. I don't really feel like posting everything I thought during the game. It sucks but they lost this not tonight but over the last weeks of the season as they wasted a comfortable lead and choked away a chance at another playoff run.

Couldn't have summed it up better myself.

October 6th, 2009, 10:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next