View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 22nd, 2014, 12:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Cabbygate 
Heisman Winner

Post Cabbygate
look what Migel went and did right before the playoffs.

Listen to the 911 call here:
http://freep.com/article/20091005/SPORTS02/91005041/1319/Listen-to-the-Cabrera-911-call

Read article here:
http://freep.com/article/20091005/COL22/91005038/1319/Tigers-need-to-ask-some-tough-questions-of-Cabrera

Doesn't make any sense to me. Party after your work is done not right before the big project is due!

October 5th, 2009, 4:13 pm
Now wait a minute... From what the news report mentioned at 10pm, it didn't sound like he did much of anything.

From what I heard he went out, got drunk with a White Sox player (albeit that might be a crime!!!) came home, was being loud, woke up his kids, his wife got pissed, and they had an altercation, of which no one knows the outcome or extent. I know his neck was scratched up, and I know his chain got ripped off of his neck (or at least that's what has been reported), but I don't know anything else, nor does anyone else.

The EDITED 911 transcripts sound worse than the UNEDITED transcripts where they ASK HER "did he hurt you?" and she says "no." The NEWS MEDIA wants to make Cabby look like an abusive drunk, but the more objective COMPLETE story looked more like she got pissed off at him for coming home drunk and waking her kids up, handled it badly, attacked him, and he responded.

That said, this is a non-story/non-issue. If she was hurt in ANY way he would have gone to jail, hands down. She wasn't, and he was visibly marked up. They can complain about .26 as much as they want. That's pretty drunk, but I would contend that most people HAVE been that drunk at some point in their lives (I KNOW SLY HAS!!!) and really, I don't see it as that big of an issue.

Did he make a great decision waking his kids up after going to the bar? No. Did she handle the situation correctly? Doesn't sound like it...

All in all... no one knows, and it doesn't sound like anyone will know. This is "smoke" not "fire" like the media wants to make you belive...

October 6th, 2009, 1:51 am
Heisman Winner

I'm a bit confused are you saying the Edited version says that she said she didn't hit her?

Because in the one I linked it clearly states, did he hit you and she responded "yes".

Never appropriate to hit your wife. Fire not just Smoke.

October 6th, 2009, 11:25 am
I'm a bit confused are you saying the Edited version says that she said she didn't hit her?

Because in the one I linked it clearly states, did he hit you and she responded "yes".

It IS fully appropriate to defend yourself when your crazy wife is pissed at you and attacking you. In the UNEDITED version (YOU posted the edited version) she waffels on whether or not he hit her.

October 6th, 2009, 11:48 am
Heisman Winner

Roy,Roy,Roy...Roy wrote:

It IS fully appropriate to defend yourself when your crazy wife is pissed at you and attacking you. In the UNEDITED version (YOU posted the edited version) she waffels on whether or not he hit her.

I disagree, I don't care what a women is doing physically you don't retaliate. With that said I haven't heard the waffling version you spoke of, could you post a link? If that's the case I might have to reconsider how I feel about it.

October 6th, 2009, 6:24 pm
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Roy,Roy,Roy...Roy wrote:

I disagree, I don't care what a women is doing physically you don't retaliate. With that said I haven't heard the waffling version you spoke of, could you post a link? If that's the case I might have to reconsider how I feel about it.

Read the whole damn thing yourself, like I did, before you comment on it. If you want to stand there and get your gold chain ripped off of your neck and your face scratched up, go ahead, but it isn't incumbenet on anyone else to do so, hero...

I'm guessing you've never dating a crazy b*tch before, at least not one that crazy...

October 6th, 2009, 7:21 pm
Heisman Winner

Roy,Roy,Roy...Roy wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Roy,Roy,Roy...Roy wrote:

Read the whole damn thing yourself, like I did, before you comment on it. If you want to stand there and get your gold chain ripped off of your neck and your face scratched up, go ahead, but it isn't incumbenet on anyone else to do so, hero...

I'm guessing you've never dating a crazy b*tch before, at least not one that crazy...

Calm the hell down dude. It was a simple request nothing more. Furthermore he put himself in that situation by getting very drunk and then coming home and being an rectum.

I have dated my share of the crazies, when I was physically struck, you know what I did...Left the area, you will never win hitting a women. It's not being a hero, it's about not being a Neanderthal, plain and simple.

October 6th, 2009, 8:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]