View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 2nd, 2014, 12:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Draft Tek Consensus Mock 
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Stallion, the problem with your theory is that I haven't seen Hardy ranked anywhere near #2 at any other site.

I am fairly certain that is how they used to make there big board. Maybe they switched the method up.

October 6th, 2009, 10:20 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Draft Tek updated their mock today in case anyone is interested. They still have the Lions taking McCoy with the 5th pick. As I said before, their player rankings are garbage and I'm not going to take them seriously until they fix them. They have Dunlap 1st overall and Colt McCoy as the first QB selected. Furthermore, Eric Berry slides to #16. :roll:

October 29th, 2009, 8:48 am
Team MVP

I wont even bother looking then if its like that.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 29th, 2009, 11:10 pm
Walk On

Draft Tek updated their mock today in case anyone is interested. They still have the Lions taking McCoy with the 5th pick. As I said before, their player rankings are garbage and I'm not going to take them seriously until they fix them. They have Dunlap 1st overall and Colt McCoy as the first QB selected. Furthermore, Eric Berry slides to #16. :roll:

Why wouldn't Colt McCoy be the first selected? I mean personally he is the only QB from either the 2009 or 2010 draft I liked more then Stafford. But with Stafford and Sanchez already drafted and the injury to Bradford, who would be picked in front of him? Clausen maybe the closest one but I don't see it. Snead has fallen back. Lafeavor will be a late 1st early second at the highest.

October 30th, 2009, 8:48 am
RIP Killer

OK, I understand your disappointment...but why is Gerald McCoy going fourth overall to the Lions a bad thing? Suh is already off the board, and we need another DT.

I am not a big fan of the second round pick, Trevard Lindley. He doesn't fit Cunningham's desire for corners that can tackle well and deal out some punishment. Lindley is a solid cover guy, but the run support would suffer. I'd prefer we go with a different CB at that spot.

Remember that this is run off a computer program, and the positions have a value. I don't think safety is considered a position of as high a value as CB or DE....I think that's the reason Berry slips to #16.

October 30th, 2009, 11:07 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

slybri19 wrote:

Why wouldn't Colt McCoy be the first selected? I mean personally he is the only QB from either the 2009 or 2010 draft I liked more then Stafford. But with Stafford and Sanchez already drafted and the injury to Bradford, who would be picked in front of him? Clausen maybe the closest one but I don't see it. Snead has fallen back. Lafeavor will be a late 1st early second at the highest.

Depending on who declares there are a lot of guys ahead of McCoy. Pike, Cluasen, Locker, Bradford, Snead, Mallet

October 30th, 2009, 12:25 pm

Topweasel, Colt McCoy has a noodle arm and that's why he will fall. I'd definitely put Clausen, Locker, and Bradford ahead of him and probably a few more.

M2K, I never said that I had a problem with the Lions selecting Gerald McCoy. I was just stating who they had the Lions picking. As for the other stuff, I love the concept of what Draft Tek does, but poor player rankings throw it all out of whack IMO. For instance, Berry gets drafted 16th because he's a safety as you said, but they still only have him ranked 12th. Something is wrong with that.

October 30th, 2009, 12:43 pm
RIP Killer

Topweasel, Colt McCoy has a noodle arm and that's why he will fall. I'd definitely put Clausen, Locker, and Bradford ahead of him and probably a few more.

M2K, I never said that I had a problem with the Lions selecting Gerald McCoy. I was just stating who they had the Lions picking. As for the other stuff, I love the concept of what Draft Tek does, but poor player rankings throw it all out of whack IMO. For instance, Berry gets drafted 16th because he's a safety as you said, but they still only have him ranked 12th. Something is wrong with that.

I agree......I think they need to adjust their player rankings big time. Dunlap is so over-hyped it's not funny. I don't think he should be ranked top fifteen, let alone top player overall. Suh is, in my book, easily the top player in college football right now. And what gets me is, the Rams DESPERATELY need an inside player on their defensive line. Carriker can't stay healthy, Ryan is mediocre and LaJuan Ramsey should be grouped with Chuck Darby. If the Rams get the first pick and don't take a dominator like Suh, they'd deserve to continue as a doormat.

October 30th, 2009, 1:00 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Colt McCoy could be a great pro QB, for the right Team. Basically he is in the Kyle Orton Mold. Game Manager, Hyper Accurate. A Little More Mobile. Good Decision maker.

Will only work in a Run 1st or Wet Toast Offensive Scheme. That means he wont be considered 1 of the top 2 or 3 Qbs , because teams dont want to pick a QB that limits them when they have a Clausen or other Qb with almost as good Accuracy, that can throw with an "NFL Arm".

I've always liked Colt, but only a few teams will even have him highly rated on their board, based ont he offences those teams run/want to run.

October 30th, 2009, 3:16 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

DJ-B, I agree with you that Colt McCoy could be a good QB in a WCO system, but he would be limited in any other type of offense. I could see Seattle taking him as an eventual replacement for Hasselbeck, or maybe even the Vikings. I have no idea what system Washington will run next season, but he would also fit their current scheme.

October 31st, 2009, 11:31 am
RIP Killer

In the latest DraftTek mock, the Lions get DT Gerald McCoy in the first round, and GaTech DE Derrick Morgan in the second round.

How awesome would THAT be?!

November 17th, 2009, 9:06 pm
Team MVP

In the latest DraftTek mock, the Lions get DT Gerald McCoy in the first round, and GaTech DE Derrick Morgan in the second round.

That would be amazing! But i definetly dont see that happening.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

November 17th, 2009, 10:48 pm
RIP Killer

I'd rather have Jason Pierre-Paul personally. I think this dude is going in the top 15 though. He's got the size and speed that the 3-4 teams are infatuated with as a blitzing OLB (Wimbley, Lawson, Ware, etc). This dood is an amazing athlete. Plus, his arms are like gorilla arms.

You want heart? He was carted off the field in a stretcher, taken to the hospital in an ambulance, got a doctors note saying he was okay, came back to the game and got 2 more sacks. That's a bad mofo.

November 17th, 2009, 11:17 pm

That would be great, but Morgan will be long gone before the 2nd round.

November 18th, 2009, 11:08 am
Hall of Fame Player

m2karateman wrote:

That would be great, but Morgan will be long gone before the 2nd round.

Everyone said that about Maualuga and Oher in this last draft. You just never really know.

November 18th, 2009, 10:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next