View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 5:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 so far who do you want with the lions first round pick 

the lions will most likely pick in the top 5 in the upcomming draft, who do you want to see them draft?
Russel Okung, OT, Oklahoma State 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
Ciron Black, OT, LSU 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska 40%  40%  [ 17 ]
Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Eric Berry, S, Tennesse 16%  16%  [ 7 ]
Taylor Mays, S, USC 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida 14%  14%  [ 6 ]
Javier Arenas, CB, Alabama 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 43

so far who do you want with the lions first round pick 
Team MVP

Derrick Morgan....ill have to check him out. You said hes a GTech player?

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 29th, 2009, 11:07 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Yes, Derrick Morgan plays for Georgia Tech.

sweetd20, thanks for the info on Morgan's education. I didn't know that. I first noticed the guy last year when I watched GT to see Michael Johnson. It didn't take me long to realize that Morgan was the better player of the two and he has really taken off this season.

October 30th, 2009, 12:50 pm
Team MVP

Ya i checked some stuff out on him...he does look like the real deal.

Anyone get a chance to check out Jared Odrick of Penn St.? From what ive seen of him, hes got a non stop motor and seems to never give up on a play. A lot can change from now until April, but if we could get him AND Suh, that wouldnt be bad. Doubt that would happen but ya never know.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

October 30th, 2009, 3:23 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I mentioned Dan Williams, DT from Tennessee, earlier in this thread. He has quietly been having a good year, with Eric Berry getting most of Tennessee's accolades from media and draftniks. Williams is among the bigger DTs this year--not quite as big as Terrence Cody but he has his weight under control.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=72899&draftyear=2010&genpos=DT

Suh would be a great top-5 pick for the Lions but if he is gone when the Lions pick, I would be happy to wait on DT until round 2 to get a guy like Dan Williams. There are actually a lot of DTs in the draft this year, so missing on Suh might not be the end of the world. Having good depth at DT in the draft actually opens up the possibility of getting a player like Berry, Morgan, maybe an OT, and still getting a good DT in a later round.

November 23rd, 2009, 12:42 am
Team MVP

From the little i just watched on YouTube, he does look like a solid DT. If we cant get Suh in RD1, I would be extremely happy with 1. Okung 2. Dan Williams

A lot can change from now until April, but as of now that would be great.

November 23rd, 2009, 1:04 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

I can't see the Lions drafting lower than #7 at this point. So as of right now I'm looking at these guys. Based at this point mostly on rankings and position.

1. Ndamukong Suh - DT
2. Gerald McCoy - DT
3. Russell Okung - OT
4. Derrick Morgan - DE
5. Carlos Dunlap - DE
6. Joe Haden - CB
7. Eric Berry - S

November 24th, 2009, 12:04 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

remopve dunlap from list and it looks good.

November 24th, 2009, 5:03 am
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

remopve dunlap from list and it looks good.

Agreed. Dunlap is the most over-hyped player in this coming draft.

November 24th, 2009, 9:05 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I agree that Carlos Dunlap shouldn't even be considered with a top ten pick anymore. But, you know that someone like Al Davis will take him sooner than they should because of his measurables and potential.

I'm still hoping for Derrick Morgan, especially if the Lions can get into the 7th-12th range via their record or a trade down.

November 24th, 2009, 11:35 am
Team MVP

I agree that Carlos Dunlap shouldn't even be considered with a top ten pick anymore. But, you know that someone like Al Davis will take him sooner than they should because of his measurables and potential.

I'm still hoping for Derrick Morgan, especially if the Lions can get into the 7th-12th range via their record or a trade down.

Good idea, but personally id rather stay where we are and get the top rated OT if somehow we're still at #4.

November 24th, 2009, 11:41 am

slybri19 wrote:

Good idea, but personally id rather stay where we are and get the top rated OT if somehow we're still at #4.

I think the fans and media would go absolutely nuts if an offensive player is the Lions' first pick. We need OT help, no question, but the entire defense needs an overhaul.

The other question is whether or not there is an OT worth taking at #4 anyway. I'm personally not sold on Okung as a top tier LT. Who else could be considered a top-5 pick at LT?

November 24th, 2009, 1:04 pm
Team MVP

You have a good point about a LT worth a top-5 pick. But then you have to wonder, if Suh and McCoy are gone at #4, who do you take? Do you take Berry at 4 and listen to all the critizism about taking a DB that high? Though i never agree with that, its probably what will happen. You almost have to take Okung.

Its like last year. Most of us wanted Curry but since hes a LB, its "dumb" to select him #1 overall. I dont agree with that, but thats how it is.

Hopefully Okung turns out to be better than most people think. I remember when Joe Thomas was being critisized a little bit. Some thought he was very overrated and gets beat by speedy pass rushers..etc. Then he turns out to REALLY help Cleveland that year AND make the Pro Bowl.

I dont know if Okung is as good or not, but hopefully he turns out to be something worth taking.

November 24th, 2009, 2:31 pm

I like Bulaga, but top 5 is probably a reach for him based on what seems to be prevailing wisdom from the various draftniks (for what they're worth). All this stuff will change in the spring, so maybe Bulaga or some other LT will rise to the top?

If I'm the GM and if Suh is gone when I pick at #4 or #5, I'm going to grab Berry. Even if he can't convert to CB--and I think he can--he can still make a huge impact at safety right away. I personally care nothing about that being "too high" for a DB. Sean Taylor went #4 and his play proved that Washington did not reach for him.

November 24th, 2009, 4:39 pm
I like Bulaga, but top 5 is probably a reach for him based on what seems to be prevailing wisdom from the various draftniks (for what they're worth). All this stuff will change in the spring, so maybe Bulaga or some other LT will rise to the top?

If I'm the GM and if Suh is gone when I pick at #4 or #5, I'm going to grab Berry. Even if he can't convert to CB--and I think he can--he can still make a huge impact at safety right away. I personally care nothing about that being "too high" for a DB. Sean Taylor went #4 and his play proved that Washington did not reach for him.

Honestly, with Delmas' potential and Ko Simpson's play I'm more comfortable with S than any other position on our defense. I realize that Ko is hurt for the year, but I don't expect it to hamper his play next year. I really like Berry, but I wouldn't take him top 5, esp. with the other needs that we have. Additionally, after it is all said and done I may prefer Mays to Berry. Mays is quite a bit larger than Berry, and IMO would be a good compliment to Delmas, who isn't exactly a beast himself.

If Suh is gone I would prefer an LT, DE or CB.

November 24th, 2009, 5:10 pm
RIP Killer

Didn't know where to put this, but this seemed like the most active thread.

Quote:
* More on Cam Heyward…This from an NFL scout that works with us: "I would not be surprised to see Heyward go No. 1 in the draft this year." That's No. 1 OVERALL.

Why? "He's a big guy that can move and is a real athlete. So many NFL teams are switching to the 3-4 or at least involving that approach heavily and he is the prototype 3-4 defensive end."

Also said that Tyson Jackson, the No. 3 pick in the draft last season by the Chiefs for basically the same reason - really fit the 3-4 DE mold – and that Jackson is nowhere near as good as Heyward. This scout was in attendance for the Iowa game and said what sealed it for him was watching him do it against Bulaga from Iowa, who is a highly-regarded OL prospect for the NFL.

November 24th, 2009, 8:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next