View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 3:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Fire DickRod right now! 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Post Fire DickRod right now!
I've seen enough, and after the past two weeks, it's time for him to go. I've seen better coaching at the high school level and it's obvious that he's in over his head at Michigan. Replace him now before he does any more damage to the program. Hell, his next recruiting class is filled with QBs, RBs, and WRs, so it's going to get worse before it gets better on the defensive side of the ball.

Even though he'll never say it, I'm sure Martin is retiring as AD because of his poor decision to hire this fool in the first place. Do the right thing and fire him now before you leave and replace him with Brian Kelly if possible. UM will no longer have my support until this clown is gone and I know many of the alumni feel the same way.

October 31st, 2009, 6:40 pm
RIP Killer

Wasn't it obvious when he took over? He immediately showed he was over his head. Why is it that RR reminds me so much of Jim Zorn???

October 31st, 2009, 8:11 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

When UM hired Rodriguez from WVU I posted here that I thought he owed his career to Pat White. I believe that as much now as I did then.

RR Career NCAA Wins/Losses
Without Pat White: 36-33, 0-3 in bowl games
With Pat White: 32-5, 2-0 bowl record including BCS win vs. Georgia

I'm not one of those bitter WVU fans who wants to see the guy fail. I'm rooting for UM and always have. My point is that I never liked RR at WVU and wasn't angry about him leaving. Most WVU fans were angry about it (and some still are) but not me. His only great seasons as a head coach were the three years he had Pat White (and Steve Slaton). If he wins a BCS bowl at UM, then I'll happily eat my words. Until then, I'm unconvinced.

November 1st, 2009, 12:41 am
RIP Killer

Anyone want to join my Sparty's for RRod Fan Club?

November 1st, 2009, 9:27 am
Profile WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

What? Did your John L. Smith Fan Club card expire or something? :roll:

November 1st, 2009, 11:14 am
I haven't been happy with his performance, and I would have liked to have seen SOME SORT of variation in four tries on the goal line, but its a sad state of affairs on the offensive line when we can't get in the endzone in four tries from the 1... That isn't coaching, that is a pure lack of ability/talent on the offensive line... Now, I'll admit that it IS coaching to not realize your lack of abilty/talent and do something different, but we should be able to get in from the 1.

November 1st, 2009, 12:30 pm
RIP Killer

November 1st, 2009, 5:48 pm
Pro Bowl Player

They'll get some Bo disciple in at the end of the year. That much is a given.

November 2nd, 2009, 2:18 am
Profile WWW
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Re: Fire DickRod right now!
slybri19 wrote:
I've seen enough, and after the past two weeks, it's time for him to go. I've seen better coaching at the high school level and it's obvious that he's in over his head at Michigan. Replace him now before he does any more damage to the program. Hell, his next recruiting class is filled with QBs, RBs, and WRs, so it's going to get worse before it gets better on the defensive side of the ball.

Even though he'll never say it, I'm sure Martin is retiring as AD because of his poor decision to hire this fool in the first place. Do the right thing and fire him now before you leave and replace him with Brian Kelly if possible. UM will no longer have my support until this clown is gone and I know many of the alumni feel the same way.

Over-react much?

RRod isn't going anywhere this year, and he shouldn't.

Alumni blame him because they think he took over some amazing program and ran it into the ground. He didn't.

When he took over UM, the program was in shambles. I was at the App State game (and the Oregon game that followed). I know.

The UM football program has been vastly overrated for years. They looked better than they were because the Big 10 has pretty much been a joke conference for the better part of the last decade. The only real quality competition they played--OSU--they mostly lost against.

So RRod inherited an overrated team built on the power run, which is the exact polar opposite of his philosophy. Did you expect 10 win seasons from the get go?

The guy's calling card is his offensive philosophy. He literally invented the spread option. Of course he's going to focus his recruiting on offense at first, because thats his bread and butter.

He's only had two recruiting classes. He doesn't really have his guys. The guys that he does have are freshman/sophomores.

If they fire RichRod, I guarantee he gets snapped up by another big name school in a hot minute. If they replace him with a traditional Bo style power running coach, the program is going to be set back years. Get ready for another three win season.

November 3rd, 2009, 3:17 am
Pro Bowl Player

Post Re: Fire DickRod right now!
Blueskies wrote:
slybri19 wrote:

Over-react much?

RRod isn't going anywhere this year, and he shouldn't.

Alumni blame him because they think he took over some amazing program and ran it into the ground. He didn't.

When he took over UM, the program was in shambles. I was at the App State game (and the Oregon game that followed). I know.

The UM football program has been vastly overrated for years. They looked better than they were because the Big 10 has pretty much been a joke conference for the better part of the last decade. The only real quality competition they played--OSU--they mostly lost against.

So RRod inherited an overrated team built on the power run, which is the exact polar opposite of his philosophy. Did you expect 10 win seasons from the get go?

The guy's calling card is his offensive philosophy. He literally invented the spread option. Of course he's going to focus his recruiting on offense at first, because thats his bread and butter.

He's only had two recruiting classes. He doesn't really have his guys. The guys that he does have are freshman/sophomores.

If they fire RichRod, I guarantee he gets snapped up by another big name school in a hot minute. If they replace him with a traditional Bo style power running coach, the program is going to be set back years. Get ready for another three win season.

The program was only in 'shambles' to the extent that everybody knew it was Carr's last year and maybe his heart wasn't in it like it should be.

When Schwartz took over the Lionshe talked about building a team that could go into Green Bay or Chicago in November and come away with a win. With the Big Ten it's the same story.

November 4th, 2009, 9:40 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

November 4th, 2009, 11:05 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

So the wolverines are the lions?

God, I hope not!

NEVER GIVE UP!

November 4th, 2009, 12:52 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

The program was only in 'shambles' to the extent that everybody knew it was Carr's last year and maybe his heart wasn't in it like it should be.

When Schwartz took over the Lionshe talked about building a team that could go into Green Bay or Chicago in November and come away with a win. With the Big Ten it's the same story.

People only "knew it was Carr's last year" after the App St game.

Then the shame and embarrassment of that loss essentially forced his retirement.

As for building a team to compete in November and December...I don't get your point. The Spread Option is a run-orientated offense. At WVU, they ran on 70% of all offensive snaps. Except instead of running from the line of scrimmage straight ahead, they use faster players and larger gaps.

November 4th, 2009, 1:21 pm
RIP Killer

I think people are getting to upset at DickRod too early. MI is lacking talent and maturity, it's hard to win at all with what he has right now. That happens when you transition. I would say though that year 3 is the most telling. So if he doesn't have it together that year then he failed.

November 4th, 2009, 1:32 pm
RIP Killer

November 8th, 2009, 11:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next