View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 20th, 2014, 10:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Lionbacker Survivor 2009 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

It was a sad day for most of you guys this week. I barely won with Jacksonville, but six of you lost. Hell, Pablo even forgot to make a pick. Simple Poster and Megatron lost with Philly, Steensn lost with the Jets, SD Mike lost with Washington, and Wags lost with Cincy. LOSERS! :lol:

October 18th, 2009, 8:41 pm
RIP Killer

October 18th, 2009, 8:47 pm
Veteran General Manager

It was a sad day for most of you guys this week. I barely won with Jacksonville, but six of you lost. Hell, Pablo even forgot to make a pick. Simple Poster and Megatron lost with Philly, Steensn lost with the Jets, SD Mike lost with Washington, and Wags lost with Cincy. LOSERS! :lol:

Technically, they didn't lose. They simply got strikes. They don't lose until the 3rd strike.

October 18th, 2009, 9:11 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Eh whatever...if Philly can't smoke Oakland and Jax squeaks by the Rams the football gods are just aligned against you that day.

October 19th, 2009, 6:56 am

Everyone won yesterday (except for SD Mike who has Philly tonight) by making the easy picks. Why save the good teams until later if you get three strikes before then? Go with the best match-up each and every week is what I say.

October 26th, 2009, 11:58 am
Veteran General Manager

SD Mike

Wags' Lovable Losers

Both picked the Cardinals for their 3rd strike.

Better luck next year.

November 1st, 2009, 8:48 pm

Bye Bye Wags and SD Mike. Thanks for playing. :lol:

Also, SimplePoster got his second strike by picking Detroit. The first rule of Survivor is never, ever pick the Lions, but I guess you found that out the hard way.

November 2nd, 2009, 9:51 am
Div 1 - Starter

Bye Bye Wags and SD Mike. Thanks for playing. :lol:

Also, SimplePoster got his second strike by picking Detroit. The first rule of Survivor is never, ever pick the Lions, but I guess you found that out the hard way.

What can I say it was a live or die game for me. I knew it was risky but I also knew that if the Lions lost this game my interest in football this season would begin to wane. I always play out anything I'm involved in but its going to be difficult to work up the energy to care about football again until draft time. It was all or nothing for me and the Lions in this game and the Lions did what we can unfortunately count on them to do...let us down.

November 2nd, 2009, 3:07 pm
Div 1 - Starter

I am a freaking moron. I have no idea what I was thinking last week...forget the live or die with the Lions philosophy. I left myself with horrible choices this week and no room for error.

November 5th, 2009, 5:39 pm
Div 1 - Starter

I suck. Wow did I fall fast and hard. Good luck to everyone left alive.

November 8th, 2009, 10:23 pm

I took my first strike today by taking GB instead of ATL. I knew that I shouldn't have done it, but....Oh well. This leaves Lions Fan in GR as the only player without a strike and SimplePoster has been eliminated. I'm taking New Orleans next week. No more messing around.

November 9th, 2009, 1:01 am
Veteran General Manager

I took my first strike today by taking GB instead of ATL. I knew that I shouldn't have done it, but....Oh well. This leaves Lions Fan in GR as the only player without a strike and SimplePoster has been eliminated. I'm taking New Orleans next week. No more messing around.

Wow Sly. Next week is a good week to get a cheap win from a mediocher team.

November 10th, 2009, 12:59 am

Why would I do that? I've already looked at the entire remaining schedule and am 90% certain of whom I'm taking each week. BTW, each of those teams have a winning record, so there's no need to take a mediocre team at any point the rest of the way.

November 12th, 2009, 12:01 pm
RIP Killer

I'm in the same boat, I have LOTS of top notch choices for the rest of the season.

November 12th, 2009, 12:06 pm

Looks like everyone took the easy route this week by selecting either Minnesota over Detroit, New Orleans over St. Louis, or Baltimore over Cleveland.

November 14th, 2009, 11:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next