View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 22nd, 2014, 4:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Start 'Em or Sit 'Em mistakes 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Atleast TO's done better than Antonio Bryant. I don't know why I haven't dumped that guy yet.

November 18th, 2009, 11:05 am
Team MVP

Not a start/sit mistake but I needed somewhere to complain about this. In a league I won last year I have Ronnie Brown, Michael Turner and DeAngelo Williams as my running backs. We start 2 and have a flex WR/RB. Well now Brown is out, Turner is out and both could be out awhile. Williams is also injured and he just lost his starting LT so that could make running the ball a little harder if he even plays. I lost this week by a few points because neither of my starting QBs (Big Ben or Flacco we start 2) had a TD. The loss dropped me from 1st place to 3rd. There are no running backs worth picking up and I don't have the components to work out a trade for one. Basically I'm SOL and it'll be worse if Ronnie and Turner miss more time.

November 18th, 2009, 3:59 pm
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

what about betts from wash or forsett in seatle? Hell they're better than nothing and can maybe tide you over till yer guys come back.

November 18th, 2009, 4:27 pm
Team MVP

what about betts from wash or forsett in seatle? Hell they're better than nothing and can maybe tide you over till yer guys come back.

They're both taken already. So is Jason Snelling. The guys out there are players like Lendale White and Derrick Ward and neither are doing much of anything.

November 19th, 2009, 4:52 pm
TO is on my bench in favor of Mike Wallace... That's a 21 point swing, so far...

Kevin Smith is on my bench in favor of Mendenhall... That's a 12 point swing, so far...

November 22nd, 2009, 3:58 pm

I started Payton Manning over Eli Manning... Cost me another 15 points...

November 22nd, 2009, 4:59 pm
RIP Killer

TO went off for 9 for 197 and 1 TD for 48 points.

Royal has just started, but he's got no grabs for 2 points

November 22nd, 2009, 5:37 pm
Hall of Fame Player

I should have started Matt Stafford in the ESPN League. He had 78 points.

I started Kurt Warner who only got me 42 points. A 36 point swing that definitely contributed to an inevitable loss.

November 22nd, 2009, 8:03 pm

I know that you can't predict injuries, but Kurt Warner going down sure cost me. I played him in two leagues (18 points and 14 points) while sitting Ben Roethlisberger (29 points) and Eli Manning (26 points). Ouch. I also played Steve Breaston (0 points) over Laurence Maroney (17 points).

November 23rd, 2009, 12:57 pm
Insult to injury...

I started Payton Manning over Eli Manning... Cost me another 15 points...

After Andre Johnson picked up 14 points for me, and Rob Baronas picked up 12 I ended up winning my week even after leaving about 50 points on my bench!!!

:arrow: :idea:

November 24th, 2009, 5:20 pm

This really isn't a sit or start mistake, but it kinda fits here anyway. I'm in this one league where all the FAs lock at 1 PM on Sunday. I know, it's a stupid rule, but I didn't create the settings. All week long, they were saying that Warner was going to start, but that changed at 1:30 yesterday. By that time, I couldn't pick up another QB and my back-up was Eli Manning who had already played. I would have picked up Alex Smith (21 points) if I could have, and as luck would have it, I lost by 19. Oh well. I'm still in 1st place with a 9-3 record, so it really doesn't matter.

November 30th, 2009, 10:42 am
RIP Killer

My continual starting of the turd formerly known as Eddie Royal.

I had benched Forsett and McCoy and started Ryan Grant. Both outscored Grant. I benched TO for Royal, and TO made me pay by 22 points.

Hopefully Colston and NEs D lay eggs tonight so I can even up at .500

November 30th, 2009, 2:27 pm
This really isn't a sit or start mistake, but it kinda fits here anyway. I'm in this one league where all the FAs lock at 1 PM on Sunday. I know, it's a stupid rule, but I didn't create the settings. All week long, they were saying that Warner was going to start, but that changed at 1:30 yesterday. By that time, I couldn't pick up another QB and my back-up was Eli Manning who had already played. I would have picked up Alex Smith (21 points) if I could have, and as luck would have it, I lost by 19. Oh well. I'm still in 1st place with a 9-3 record, so it really doesn't matter.

Stuff like that is so frustrating. I don't understand why most leagues lock 5 min. before kickoff too. Often times you find out last minute if someone is going to be starting or not, why not get the benefit of paying attention when the scoring doesn't count anyhow???

November 30th, 2009, 6:03 pm
RIP Killer

'

OUCH!!! That sucks!!!

November 30th, 2009, 6:50 pm
Player of the Year - Offense

Had my lowest scoring output of the season and unless I get lucky, my season might be over. With Big Ben not playing, Ward only put up 7, and Wallace had zero. I figured Crayton should put up at least 1 score on the lowly Raiders...but nope. If i had swapped in Jacoby Jones instead of one of them I would have tied. If I had left McGahee in, I could have won by 8.

I need Steens to lose/tie at least 1 of the last 2, and Need Los Bandito to lose both final games, and I need to win out vs Nate's and Captain's 19. Not impossible, but this week is do or die.

December 1st, 2009, 12:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next