View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 16th, 2014, 11:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 OSU/UM Game 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I could have impressed Steensn and Murtyle more if Michigan didn't run the hurry up. I had time to type "QB draw" or "bubble screen", but not "RB run off tackle right" or "pass to WR 10 yard out route". In those cases, I could only type "RB run" or "pass" before the play started, but I knew exactly what was coming most of the time. It's so predictable, it's almost funny.

November 22nd, 2009, 12:39 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I probably ought to elaborate a bit here. In the standard "read option" formation, there are only two running plays 90% of the time. Either the RB runs off tackle to the opposite side that he lined up from the QB or the QB fakes the handoff and runs up the middle. That's it. If they line up in an I formation (which is rare), the RB runs up the middle. In passing situations, if the slot WR is lined up on the LOS, it's a bubble screen to the outside WR on his side. If the slot WR is lined up off the LOS, it's usually a 10-15 yard out to the outside WR, but that varies. With just this small bit of useless information, YOU too could correctly predict 70% of the plays DickRod will run.

November 22nd, 2009, 1:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2