View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 20th, 2014, 9:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Kronwall out 4-8 weeks 
RIP Killer

Post Kronwall out 4-8 weeks
Red Wings' Kronwall out 4-8 weeks with knee injury
Sunday, 11.22.2009 / 3:01 PM / News
Associated Press

DETROIT (AP) -The banged-up Detroit Red Wings have lost defenseman Niklas Kronwall for at least a month with a sprained ligament in his left knee.

The team announced Sunday that Kronwall will be out four to eight weeks.

Kronwall had a leg-on-leg, open-ice collision with Montreal enforcer Georges Laraque on Saturday.

Laraque, who was called for tripping, said it was an accident. The Red Wings called it a dirty play.

Detroit has been without forwards Johan Franzen, Valtteri Filppula and Jason Williams because of injuries.

November 23rd, 2009, 12:46 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

This is getting ridiculous. If this keeps up, they might as well re-name the team the Detroit Griffins.

November 23rd, 2009, 1:00 pm
RIP Killer

It's amazing that they're even as competitive as they are with all the damn injuries to our big-time players.

Throw in losing Hossa and Hudler and with average goaltending, I figured we'd be looking at a #4-5 spot for the playoffs.

November 23rd, 2009, 1:10 pm
NFL Team Captain

Laraque can say it was not deliberate all he want's but you don't get 6 minutes of penalties in 1 shift by accident. :finger:

November 23rd, 2009, 6:57 pm
RIP Killer

November 23rd, 2009, 9:44 pm
NFL Team Captain

It's about time Bettman(sp?) grew some stones

November 24th, 2009, 9:37 am
Post Re: Kronwall out 4-8 weeks
Kronwall should be cut or traded. He's terrible. He can't stay healthy, he takes too many penalties, and he turns the puck over way too much. I'm all for running him out of town...

May 24th, 2010, 2:15 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

why so much hate. He's aggressive at the blue line. Has decent speed. Your telling me you'd rather have Lebda or Erickson getting more minutes?

May 25th, 2010, 2:36 am
jedi~outcast wrote:
why so much hate. He's aggressive at the blue line. Has decent speed. Your telling me you'd rather have Lebda or Erickson getting more minutes?

No... I'm saying that I would rather have someone else on our team. He's just terrible. He turned the puck over too many times throughout the playoffs in crucial areas of the game, he's not as physical as he use to be, he looks lost at times, he's regressed in his time here, and on top of all of that... he's always frickin' hurt.

I just personally think it's time to cut ties with this guy and pursue someone else.

May 25th, 2010, 3:02 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
wjb21ndtown wrote:
jedi~outcast wrote:

No... I'm saying that I would rather have someone else on our team. He's just terrible. He turned the puck over too many times throughout the playoffs in crucial areas of the game, he's not as physical as he use to be, he looks lost at times, he's regressed in his time here, and on top of all of that... he's always frickin' hurt.

I just personally think it's time to cut ties with this guy and pursue someone else.

As though your right with that, but he is a hard hitter and probably our best guy that can do that.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

May 26th, 2010, 10:24 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Lions2SB2 wrote:
As though your right with that, but he is a hard hitter and probably our best guy that can do that.

I'm not so sure about that anymore. I think a lot of people are hanging on to the image of him laying some guys out a few years back. From watching him this year I kept getting the impression that he wasn't playing physical anymore. I don't know what happened, but it seems like he lost the ability or desire to be a big hitter.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

May 26th, 2010, 7:54 pm
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:

I'm not so sure about that anymore. I think a lot of people are hanging on to the image of him laying some guys out a few years back. From watching him this year I kept getting the impression that he wasn't playing physical anymore. I don't know what happened, but it seems like he lost the ability or desire to be a big hitter.

I agree 100%. I don't know if he's worried about breaking his made-of-glass frame again, or what his deal his, but he hasn't played physical all year. I'm done with this guy... Time to move on...

May 26th, 2010, 8:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]