View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2014, 5:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 so far who do you want with the lions first round pick 

the lions will most likely pick in the top 5 in the upcomming draft, who do you want to see them draft?
Russel Okung, OT, Oklahoma State 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
Ciron Black, OT, LSU 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska 40%  40%  [ 17 ]
Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Eric Berry, S, Tennesse 16%  16%  [ 7 ]
Taylor Mays, S, USC 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida 14%  14%  [ 6 ]
Javier Arenas, CB, Alabama 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 43

so far who do you want with the lions first round pick 
Good players at every position can be had in round two or three... Justin Tuck is no slouch at DE, Shaun Roger's is no slouch at DT... It seems to me that there is just as big of a drop off in talent at DE and DT as there is at CB, if not moreso...

November 27th, 2009, 3:57 pm
RIP Killer

Good players at every position can be had in round two or three... Justin Tuck is no slouch at DE, Shaun Roger's is no slouch at DT... It seems to me that there is just as big of a drop off in talent at DE and DT as there is at CB, if not moreso...

I agree, but not all of them can be immediate starters. The Lions NEED immediate starters at multiple positions. And with only three total picks in the three rounds, it won't be enough to fill the gaps. Free agency is not the answer, as evidenced by our secondary this year.

And please, don't bring up Justin Tuck.....I get heartburn everytime I think of the fact that the Lions passed over him in favor of Stanley Wilson.

I gotta go take an antacid now.

November 27th, 2009, 4:07 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

What are Morgans measurements by the way?

Personally, im not in the mood for another Cliff Avril size DE if thats how big he is.

Also, what does everyone think of Rolando McClain if we dont re-sign Foote?

Morgan isn't like most of the top DEs over the past few years, he has the size at around 270 lbs and is listed at 6'4" but I think he might be a little shorter but he has a solid base and long arms for his height. Romeus (6'6" 270) is another impressive DE that should challenge the other DEs at the top if he enters the draft. However it still isn't a given that either will enter the draft. Keep on eye on Robert Quinn if he enters the 2011 draft.

As far as McClain I'm a big fan because of his skill and leadership abilities, but he isn't likely to go top 10 so it wouldn't make much sense to use a top 5 pick on him.

November 27th, 2009, 5:12 pm
Team MVP

I change my mind more than I change my underwear.

I highly doubt Suh will make it to us if we draft anywhere past #1. I dont want the second best DT.

The little bit Ive seen on Morgan, he looks like a very solid player.

Maybe..
1)Morgan
2)Dan Williams

Now we get a solid DE and DT (to pair with SLH).

Im sure ill change my mind in the next 2 days.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

November 27th, 2009, 10:38 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Man..

I highly doubt Suh will make it to us if we draft anywhere past #1. I dont want the second best DT.

Maybe..
1)Morgan
2)Dan Williams

There's really no problem with changing your mind. There are so many holes on this team and it seems like every game a different one rotates in as the biggest position of need. The Lions can draft a DT, DE, or CB and not go wrong as long as they get a top player at one of those positions. Actually that's what I'd like to see them take in the first three rounds assuming they can't get any more picks.

November 28th, 2009, 12:54 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

If the Lions stay at the #4 spot they may have a shot at Suh or McCoy. The rumor is that Berry is staying in school, and 4 is probably to high for him anyway. I'm hoping they can trade back,( more than once ). So many holes to fill, and I feel the real strength of this years draft is the quality of players from late 1 thru the third. If we can find trading partners and come away with 4 to 5 bodies in the first 3 rounds I would consider that a very successful draft.

November 28th, 2009, 10:35 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

kdsberman wrote:
What are Morgans measurements by the way?

Personally, im not in the mood for another Cliff Avril size DE if thats how big he is.

Also, what does everyone think of Rolando McClain if we dont re-sign Foote?

Morgan isn't like most of the top DEs over the past few years, he has the size at around 270 lbs and is listed at 6'4" but I think he might be a little shorter but he has a solid base and long arms for his height. Romeus (6'6" 270) is another impressive DE that should challenge the other DEs at the top if he enters the draft. However it still isn't a given that either will enter the draft. Keep on eye on Robert Quinn if he enters the 2011 draft.

As far as McClain I'm a big fan because of his skill and leadership abilities, but he isn't likely to go top 10 so it wouldn't make much sense to use a top 5 pick on him.

I haven't seen Morgan play, but am looking forward to tonight's game to see if he's the real deal. Ive watched McClain several times this season and feel that either he or Spikes would be an upgrade over Foote.

November 28th, 2009, 10:44 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

any projections on where DE greg hardy will get picked? injuries might make him this drafts version of justin tuck

November 28th, 2009, 2:01 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

any projections on where DE greg hardy will get picked? injuries might make him this drafts version of justin tuck

Good question. Hardy is a great player when he's healthy, but the problem is that he never is. I'm sure that most teams will drop him off or down their board because of the "injury prone" label, but all it takes is one team to take a chance on him. It could be someone in the top ten or he could fall all the way to the 2nd. Nobody can really say at this point.

November 28th, 2009, 2:13 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Man..

Maybe..
1)Morgan
2)Dan Williams

I would be thrilled for the draft to play out this way. Looking forward to seeing Morgan tonight and I've been high on Williams all year. The Lions defense would look entirely different with those two beasts on the line!

November 28th, 2009, 3:20 pm
RIP Killer

The Legend wrote:

Good question. Hardy is a great player when he's healthy, but the problem is that he never is. I'm sure that most teams will drop him off or down their board because of the "injury prone" label, but all it takes is one team to take a chance on him. It could be someone in the top ten or he could fall all the way to the 2nd. Nobody can really say at this point.

I could see him dropping into the third round, because teams are going to consider him in a specialty, third down pass rusher role. You don't use a first or second round pick on a role player like that.

November 28th, 2009, 6:10 pm
Team MVP

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 15th, 2010, 6:10 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

The top 3 vote getters are Suh, Okung, Berry in that order, which I would say is exactly who I would say I see for our 1st rounder, except add in McCoy just below Suh.

April 15th, 2010, 8:49 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8