View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 20th, 2014, 5:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Max Scherzer 
RIP Killer

Post Max Scherzer
Tigs have been hot after Scherzer lately, who's got 5 years of team control remaining.

Here's a good article on him with stats. Looks like a Jackson clone but not quite the horse Jackson is. Unfortunately, having Jax throw all those innings undoubtedly hurt him in the 2nd half.

Scherzer could be a heck of a closer based on the quality of his fastball and his secondary stuff - slider and change.

http://www.purplerow.com/2009/3/16/7961 ... o-is-max-s

December 8th, 2009, 2:14 pm
NFL Team Captain

Several reporters (don't ask who) have said today that Scherzer is a Cy Young winner just waiting to happen.

That and AJax is a Granderson that can hit lefties.

Their also saying that Grandy will be a 40 HR guy in the Bronx.

December 9th, 2009, 7:10 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

He could be. Yankee is stadium is much friendlier than your home stadium and Grandy hit 10 at home and 20 on the road. I think he might hit mid 30's.

December 9th, 2009, 8:02 pm
RIP Killer

Scherzer has outrageous upside, moreso than EJax. His only problem - an awkward delivery that could lead to elbow or shoulder injuries.

AJax is a heck of player. Not a lot of pop in his bat, but that should come. Hopefully I'll get to see what he can do when I go down to Lakeland this spring.

I don't see Grandy improving all that much in NY. I think he'll be eaten alive to be honest. God forbid A-Rod doesn't hit .300 with 40 HRs and 100 RBIs every year, they call for his head. I see Grandy hitting .260, 25 HRs and 71 RBIs...along with 26 SBs. Solid line, but nothing spectacular. The one thing he does give them is a fast OF. However, I see the Yanks resigning Damon and Grandy eventually platooning.

December 9th, 2009, 8:08 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

There's reports that Damon lost alot in investments last year, so he might be looking to take an offer with more money this season. The Yanks won't offer him alot and with Grandy now, we don't need to sign him. If Damon signs, melky will be the 4th outfielder and they can trade Gardner. If Damon doesn't, Melky can play center, Grandy will play center with Gardner rotating.

Grandy won't be killed, but then again no one's expecting out of him like they're expecting from Arod. Swisher came in last year with the same comments last season and except for the post season, he was clutch this year. If Grandy works hard, the fans will love him.

Ajax is compared alot to Robinson Cano at this state of career. Cano didn't have the power either, so he'll be great in the outfield and a solid batter, and then get more power as he gets older and more experience. He'll be solid in CF for ya.

I think it was a plus for both teams, and you accomplished what you wanted to do.. get some young talent while reducing salary, so its a win win.

December 9th, 2009, 9:55 pm
Personally I don't want anything to do with Damon here...

December 10th, 2009, 5:11 pm
League MVP

granderson will have some major opportunities to be more productive given the lineup around him...

i love scherzer, he can be truly dominant and there is no way that anyone would have traded him straight up for EJack last year let alone with Schlereth who Im not sure about. But allegedly he is a rare lefty that throws hard and comes from a pro football family so hopefully he works hard too.

Have no idea about Coke but wonder if another trade is coming? Just not enough room for all of Seay, Ni, Coke and Schlereth possibly even Robertson in the bullpen. Is there a Seay trade coming or will we deal Ni after what may have been a fluke season?

Austin Jackson to me seems like a Granderson with slightly less tools but more hype. Might get beat out by Ramirez who has better tools or Wells who I believe is more refined.

December 10th, 2009, 9:02 pm
RIP Killer

However, DD has said that Coke could be the #5 starter. Outside of that not boding well for Bondo or Robertson, it also doesn't bode well for the lefties in the pen.

Starters:
Verlander
Porcello
Scherzer
Bondo?
Coke/Galarraga/Robertson

Pen:
Miner
Ni
Seay
Schlareth
Coke/Galarraga/Robertson/Bondo (2 of that lot)
Zumaya
Perry

Who to close? Zumaya finally??? Rodney is reportedly wanting 3 yrs / $30M. If that's true, he's out of his F'ing mind. I don't want him back at $6M/yr, much less $10M/yr. Dood is going to be a broke mofo come camp, because nobody will ever pay him that much.

And where the hell does Willis fall? Back in the minors? On the DL yet again? I got to imagine that if he's capable of being in the bigs, he'll be getting some time to take the mound, whether it be a couple spot starts or garbage time in the pen.

So far, we have 5 starters and at least 8 in the pen. How many pitchers do we keep? More than 13?

December 14th, 2009, 5:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]