View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 30th, 2014, 6:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Notre Dame 
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Hod on...He's NOT going to coach the Bowl game???? I thought he was still going to fulfill his obligations for the year. I was annoyed that he agreed before the bowl game...but if he's not coaching it....he's possibly the biggest Dueche ever...

December 11th, 2009, 4:05 pm
RIP Killer

He will NOT be coaching Cincy's bowl game. His OC will be coaching in his place. It's total BS and I have no respect for that.

December 11th, 2009, 4:08 pm
Modmin Dude

In all fairness, isn't that what usually happens in 99% of these cases? Both programs usually want to get started on their next steps. What use to Cincy is it to have him coach the bowl game?

December 11th, 2009, 4:11 pm
RIP Killer

Only what is probably going to be a school record for highest ranking of all time and the possibility to be ranked #2 in the nation if they beat Florida. There is no guarantee Kelley will ever get into a game THIS big in his career and this could be a HUGE stepping stone for Cincy to become a big school program.

Does it happen a lot, sure because people are greedy and need closure and everything done now. I know Tressel didn't, although he came from a D-2 playoff school.

December 11th, 2009, 4:38 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

December 11th, 2009, 4:51 pm
RIP Killer

Rich Rod didn't coach WVU either.

Not making a good case for making it seem classy ;) Ricky Rod had quit the list of problems wit how he left...

December 11th, 2009, 5:10 pm

Blueskies wrote:

Not making a good case for making it seem classy ;) Ricky Rod had quit the list of problems wit how he left...

I was just saying that its a common practice and no one should be surprised.

I hope Brian Kelly is a good coach. I hate Notre Dame but I want them to be a relevant team once again.

I still believe that, when all is said and done, Rich Rod will be the better coach than Kelly, though Kelly will probably find success sooner.

December 17th, 2009, 11:27 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

steensn wrote:
Blueskies wrote:

I hope Brian Kelly is a good coach. I hate Notre Dame but I want them to be a relevant team once again.

I still believe that, when all is said and done, Rich Rod will be the better coach than Kelly, though Kelly will probably find success sooner.

considering teh UofM was a winning program before RichRod started...would ND finding success early madate Kelly as the better coach?

December 17th, 2009, 12:27 pm

Blueskies wrote:
steensn wrote:
Blueskies wrote:

considering teh UofM was a winning program before RichRod started...would ND finding success early madate Kelly as the better coach?

No. I'm talking in the long run.

Kelly will do much better with ND in his first two years than Rich Rod did here. Kelly isn't tied to a radical system and ND has a cupcake schedule outside of about two games.

But in the long run? If Rich Rod wins a title with UM and Kelly doesn't, I would say Rich Rod was the better coach overall, wouldn't you?

Of course this is all theoretical stuff--Kelly could completely bomb worse than Weis and Rich Rod could be fired next season.

December 17th, 2009, 12:51 pm
QB Coach

Kelly will do much better with ND in his first two years than Rich Rod did here. Kelly isn't tied to a radical system and ND has a cupcake schedule outside of about two games.

But in the long run? If Rich Rod wins a title with UM and Kelly doesn't, I would say Rich Rod was the better coach overall, wouldn't you?

Of course this is all theoretical stuff--Kelly could completely bomb worse than Weis and Rich Rod could be fired next season.

Please. That line is so tired. Everyone likes to bag on ND and say they have a weak schedule, but they're no different from any other schools. Look at their strength of schedule ranking the past few years (based on Jeff Sagarin's rankings in USA Today):

2009: 31 (UM: 74 OSU: 61)
2008: 50 (UM: 44, OSU: 46)
2007: 24 (UM: 37, OSU: 53)
2006: 18 (UM: 12, OSU: 38 )
2005: 14, (UM: 3, OSU: 2)

That averages out to 27.4 for ND, 34 for UM, and 40 for OSU. The reality is, unless a team plays in a conference that has several top contenders, their schedule will be rated lower. ND plays Michigan and USC every year. They usually also have MSU, Penn State, Boston College, Purdue, etc. on varying years. Every school plays tough games, and cupcakes.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

December 17th, 2009, 6:50 pm

Blueskies wrote:

Please. That line is so tired. Everyone likes to bag on ND and say they have a weak schedule, but they're no different from any other schools. Look at their strength of schedule ranking the past few years (based on Jeff Sagarin's rankings in USA Today):

That averages out to 27.4 for ND, 34 for UM, and 40 for OSU. The reality is, unless a team plays in a conference that has several top contenders, their schedule will be rated lower. ND plays Michigan and USC every year. They usually also have MSU, Penn State, Boston College, Purdue, etc. on varying years. Every school plays tough games, and cupcakes.

I'd have to look at the numbers, but I'm going to guess that those stats are highly skewed by playing USC every year--whose been a powerhouse over that time period.

December 17th, 2009, 7:17 pm
QB Coach

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Blueskies wrote:

I'd have to look at the numbers, but I'm going to guess that those stats are highly skewed by playing USC every year--whose been a powerhouse over that time period.

That same argument could be made for any school who plays a top team. Michigan's schedule looks tougher every year because they play OSU who is usually ranked very highly. Teams in the SEC have their schedules look tougher because they play Florida who's always ranked high. Michigan also plays cupcakes like Appalachian State. Oops....

Just like ND plays Navy. Oops....

Just be fair. Every school has strong and weak opponents. If you want to argue that ND gets too much credit for what they've done in the past several years, I'll agree 100%. But to criticize their schedule when it's no worse than most other school's is just not a fair argument.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

December 17th, 2009, 10:50 pm
RIP Killer

The schedule arguments are old and tired... but ND still sucks.

December 18th, 2009, 10:39 am

http://www.brobible.com/Story/76334

December 19th, 2009, 1:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3