View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 18th, 2014, 5:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Kevin Smith's injury means Lions may have to think offense.. 
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
I would like the Lions to bring Chris Perry into camp to compete for a job. His career fell apart when he got his sports hernia. He should be healed 100% by now after a season off. I still believe that Perry is a good-great RB. And the Lions could get him for minimum wage.
I don't know if you watched him at all with CIN but he is a chronic fumbler

Doesn't Chris Perry lead all former Michigan RB's who have entered the NFL with a career 3.4 ypc average (dropped to 2.6 this year) and two career TDs? He is averaging an impressive 151.5 yards per (opps, that is season not game sorry).

Yeah, he was worth a first round pick. GO BLUE!

December 17th, 2009, 6:22 pm
Profile WWW
Killwill25 wrote:
BillySims wrote:
I would like the Lions to bring Chris Perry into camp to compete for a job. His career fell apart when he got his sports hernia. He should be healed 100% by now after a season off. I still believe that Perry is a good-great RB. And the Lions could get him for minimum wage.

Doesn't Chris Perry lead all former Michigan RB's who have entered the NFL with a career 3.4 ypc average (dropped to 2.6 this year) and two career TDs? He is averaging an impressive 151.5 yards per (opps, that is season not game sorry).

There are more worthwhile Wolverines in the league than Spartys...

Cincy got a better value out of Perry than we got from C-Rog, that's for sure...

December 17th, 2009, 6:43 pm
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Cincy got a better value out of Perry than we got from C-Rog, that's for sure...

CRog had as many TDs in his first game as Perry has had his whole career. I'm also not sure about the whole worthwhile thing either, I bet it is closer than you think. Although I will give you the edge with Brady, too bad Michigan wasn't smart enough to make the best QB in the world a full-time starter there....

December 17th, 2009, 7:02 pm
Profile WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Even if the Lions sign or draft a RB, I'd like to see them take a chance on a kid from Wayne State. Unfortunately, he may end up getting drafted, but if he doesn't, I think he'd prefer to sign with his home state team as an UDFA. His name is Joique Bell and he's 6 foot, 224 lbs, and runs around a 4.55. He was also just named the best player in Division II this year.

Detroit News wrote:
Wayne State's Joique Bell wins Harlon Hill Trophy
Gregg Dewalt / Special to The Detroit News
Florence, Ala. -- Joique Bell accumulated statistics almost beyond belief on the football field for Wayne State throughout a star-studded career.

In 2009 alone, Bell rushed for 2,084 yards for the Warriors and scored 29 touchdowns, both NCAA Division II bests. He also led the nation with 17.5 points per game and all-purpose yards with 217.5 yards per game.

The two numbers that mattered most Friday night for the senior from Benton Harbor were 31 and 138. Those were the number of first-place votes and total points Bell received as the winner of the Harlon Hill Trophy, an award presented annually to the most outstanding player in Division II.

"It's truly a blessing from where I come from to receive such a prestigious award of many great players," Bell said. "It's truly an honor for me, my school and my community. This is an award I not only share with my school, but with my community. I can't tell you how much it means to me."

Bell edged out West Liberty (WV) quarterback Zach Amedro and Arkansas Tech quarterback Nick Graziano for the award.

Bell accepted the trophy with several family members and Wayne State coach Paul Winters in attendance.

"Joique accomplished so much and this was an acknowledgment for that," Winters said. "It's a tremendous honor for him and it means a lot to the university, the team and me personally. I'm very proud of him."

Voting was conducted by sports information directors at the 149 football-playing Division II colleges and universities. Bell is the fourth consecutive running back to win.

Bell, only the fourth player in Division II history with two 2,000-yard rushing seasons, finished his career with 6,728 rushing yards and 576 points, sixth and fourth best in Division II history.

"I put in countless hours of hard work to become a great player. And, it all paid off," Bell said. "I think this is tremendous for the program. It's great publicity for the school. I feel it will help recruiting because people will see we have a Harlon Hill winner and they'll say, 'If he can do it why can't I?' "

December 17th, 2009, 7:22 pm
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
BillySims wrote:

CRog had as many TDs in his first game as Perry has had his whole career. I'm also not sure about the whole worthwhile thing either, I bet it is closer than you think. Although I will give you the edge with Brady, too bad Michigan wasn't smart enough to make the best QB in the world a full-time starter there....

I said "better value"... Cincy also took Chris Perry with a late midround pick... We took CRog #2 overall... Look at the price of each of those TD's and you'll see that Cincy was much better off with their player than we were with ours...

December 17th, 2009, 8:25 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

Kinda wishing now that Beanie Wells had fallen another two spots this past april. . .

December 17th, 2009, 9:45 pm
Hall of Fame Player

cadiliac williams from Tampa is going to be a Free agent I would look at if we could get him a t a reasonable price.

Chronically Injured until contract year.

December 18th, 2009, 12:15 am
Water Boy

I wouldn't mind if we traded for W. McGahee (I thing the Ravens would let him go for a reasonable offer) and signed L. Washington to be our RB combo next year. I think we would be buying low on both of them and they both have nice upside. McGahee is a pounder that can move the chains while Washington is fantastic in space and catching the ball out of the backfield. He also solves our return game issues as he is truly a game changer in that category. I'm not sure if this is even a reasonable suggestion - just throwing out an idea.

December 18th, 2009, 12:57 am
Towel Boy

I think L. washington would be a good pickup this offseason.. I still believe we use first 3 picks on line help n go back to the F A n see if we cant swoop up couple receivers who can catch n mayb some oline help.. what ya guys think???

December 26th, 2009, 5:15 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
I am in the group of thinkers that believe the NFl has changed to a two back system and that we can find a duo or trio of runners in the third and fourth rounds. I believe Brown is one of those guys and what we really need is a compliment to Brown. I don't think we need to go to a featured back system to be good if we have a guy like Stafford and a WR like CJ there to be the main focus. Guys fall all the time, I think we can nab someone in round 3 or 4 to start to solidify the spot.

I still think you need a primary back to be your main rusher... I'm all for 3rd and 4th round guys behind him, but I'd like to have a talent at RB.

So since we lost our third round RB to injury we should draft one in the first ;)

December 27th, 2009, 12:53 am
wjb21ndtown wrote:
steensn wrote:
I am in the group of thinkers that believe the NFl has changed to a two back system and that we can find a duo or trio of runners in the third and fourth rounds. I believe Brown is one of those guys and what we really need is a compliment to Brown. I don't think we need to go to a featured back system to be good if we have a guy like Stafford and a WR like CJ there to be the main focus. Guys fall all the time, I think we can nab someone in round 3 or 4 to start to solidify the spot.

I still think you need a primary back to be your main rusher... I'm all for 3rd and 4th round guys behind him, but I'd like to have a talent at RB.

So since we lost our third round RB to injury we should draft one in the first ;)

K Smith wasn't getting it done when he was healthy. He was never a primary back. During his time here thus far he has been nothing more than average...

December 27th, 2009, 2:51 am
RIP Killer

OK, so you'd be for a first or second round being used whether he was hurt or not?

December 27th, 2009, 11:28 am
OK, so you'd be for a first or second round being used whether he was hurt or not?

Absolutely... As long as we got a good player for the pick. I'm not sold on CJ Spiller, but if we could get an every down primary back and either use K Smith as a 3rd down back or trade him (and use Brown as a 3rd down back) I'd be all for it.

There simply aren't any backs rated in the top 5 this year, and probably none ranked in the top 10 (Spiller may end up being ranked in the top 10, but I don't like him). But IMO a true primary running back would help our offense more than any other position. We need a guy that can take it to the house, and that isn't K Smith.

December 27th, 2009, 4:34 pm
RIP Killer

The position makes sense... I just don't like taking rbs high.

December 27th, 2009, 5:52 pm
Hall of Fame Player

The position makes sense... I just don't like taking rbs high.

So, you didn't like Barry Sanders or Billy Sims? We wouldn't have gotten them any lower.

Adrian Peterson? You think you could have gotten him lower?

I love taking an early 1st round RB when there is a great one available.

January 1st, 2010, 2:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next