View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 22nd, 2014, 12:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Declared Underclassmen 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Post Declared Underclassmen
I figured that we probably ought to keep track of this for the next month. I believe that underclassmen have until January 15th to make their decision and many of them will do so immediately following their bowl games. Some that aren't playing in bowls have already done so. This was the list from GBNDR as of last week:

PLAYER POS H/W SCHOOL CL
Sam Bradford QB 6-4, 220 Oklahoma JR
Jimmy Clausen QB 6-3, 220 Notre Dame JR
Dez Bryant WR 6-1, 215 Oklahoma State JR
Dezmon Briscoe WR 6-2, 200 Kansas JR
Golden Tate WR 5-10, 190 Notre Dame JR
Abe Koroma DT 6-3. 317 Western Illinois JR

There has also been another announcement today:

ESPN wrote:
Sources: Benn to leave Illini for draft

Illinois junior wide receiver Arrelious Benn will declare later Wednesday that he is entering the NFL draft, sources briefed on the player's decision told ESPN's Joe Schad.

Benn is the third-ranked receiver by Todd McShay of Scouts Inc., behind Oklahoma State's Dez Bryant and Notre Dame's Golden Tate. Benn is ranked No. 33 overall on Scouts' list of draft prospects.

Benn 38 catches for 490 yards and two touchdowns this season and 159 catches for 2,221 yards and seven touchdowns for his career.

Feel free to post any other underclassmen decisions in this thread.

Last edited by slybri19 on January 26th, 2010, 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 16th, 2009, 2:03 pm
FWIW I can't beleive that Golden Tate is ranked ahead of "Jo Jo" Lafell

December 16th, 2009, 3:54 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Declared Underclassmen
slybri19 wrote:

Somewhere Matt Millen is salivating... 5butthead.gif

December 16th, 2009, 4:32 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Irrelevant

Post Re: Declared Underclassmen
Pablo wrote:
slybri19 wrote:

Somewhere Moron of the Millennium is salivating... 5butthead.gif

He's probably jaying off!

December 16th, 2009, 6:39 pm

ESPN wrote:
Maryland's Campbell to enter draft By Joe Schad

Maryland junior offensive tackle Bruce Campbell said Friday he will enter the next NFL draft.

Campbell, who stands 6-foot-7 and weighs 310 pounds, said he has been told he could be drafted from the middle of the first round to the middle of the second.

"I feel I can be something special and this is best for me," Campbell said. "I have good size and I can protect the quarterbacks' blind side. I played defensive line in high school so I can also think like a defensive player, which is an advantage."

Scouts Inc. rates Campbell as the No. 24 prospect for the 2010 draft.

Maryland does not play in a bowl game, so Campbell can begin his training soon, likely in Miami.

ESPN wrote:
Oklahoma DT McCoy to enter NFL draft Associated Press

NORMAN, Okla. -- Oklahoma Sooners defensive tackle Gerald McCoy has decided to skip his senior season and enter the NFL draft.

The school announced McCoy's decision Friday. He said he made his decision around midseason when he realized he would have enough college credits to graduate.

Coach Bob Stoops called McCoy's decision a good one because of McCoy's maturity and academic success.

McCoy will play his final game as a Sooner against Stanford in the Sun Bowl on Dec. 31.

December 18th, 2009, 3:39 pm
QB Coach

I wonder if we can nab Campbell with our second round pick to replace Backus. Dunno if he slips that far.

December 21st, 2009, 2:41 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I wonder if we can nab Campbell with our second round pick to replace Backus. Dunno if he slips that far.
would be nice. we deserve a break

December 22nd, 2009, 4:50 am

ESPN wrote:
Wolverines junior Warren won't return By Joe Schad

Michigan junior cornerback Donovan Warren said Sunday he'll enter the next NFL draft.

"I am confident in my abilities to play any receiver at the next level," Warren said. "I am hoping to be drafted in the first round."

The junior said he was projected to go in the first or second round and has signed with agent Drew Rosenhaus.

Warren, 6-foot, 194 pounds, was a three-year starter for three defensive coordinators.

"It made me mentally tougher and exposed me to different things," Warren said. "I want to bring a hungry, competitive mentality to the NFL."

Warren said he has the versatility to play safety but considers cornerback his natural position.

I don't blame Warren because I wouldn't want to play for DickRod either.

ESPN wrote:
Sources: Fresno State tailback to go pro By Joe Schad

Fresno State junior running back Ryan Mathews will enter the NFL draft, sources close to the situation said Monday.

Mathews led the nation in rushing during the regular season, averaging 151.3 yards per game.

Mathews, 5-11, 220 pounds, had 31 rushes for 144 yards in Fresno's 35-28 overtime New Mexico Bowl loss to Wyoming.

Mathews ran for 3,280 yards and 39 touchdowns in his career.

Mathews is ranked the 45th best player, and third best running back in the draft by ESPN's Scouts Inc.

December 22nd, 2009, 10:46 am
Rookie Player of the Year

Piscataway, NJ (Sports Network) - Rutgers junior offensive lineman Anthony Davis announced Tuesday he will skip his senior season, and enter the NFL Draft.

He's one of if not my favorite LT for the 2010 draft, but his troubles with the team have me questioning him being committed at the next level. There were a couple different occasions where he got in trouble for violating team policy. Those are the things that make me wonder how he will act once he gets some money in his bank account.

December 22nd, 2009, 5:56 pm

ESPN wrote:
Trojans' Griffen says he'll enter '10 draft By Mark Saxon
ESPNLosAngeles.com

SAN FRANCISCO -- USC junior defensive end Everson Griffen said after Saturday night's 24-13 Emerald Bowl victory over Boston College that he will skip his senior season to enter the 2010 NFL Draft.

"I've known for a while," Griffen said.

Griffen, who has rare speed for a 6-foot-3, 280-pounder, is viewed in most draft projections as a late-first or early-second round selection.

"I'm ready," Griffen told ESPN.com's Joe Schad. "I know it's the right decision because I've talked it over with my coaches. I will bring speed, a pass rush and the ability to stop the run."

Griffen injured his ankle in Saturday's game and watched much of it from the sideline.

"I think I was prepared for this game, but stuff happens and I've just got to bounce back and be strong," Griffen said.

He made the All-Pac-10 second team this season, recording 44 tackles and a team-high eight sacks.

Junior receiver Damian Williams, who was the game's offensive MVP with 189 receiving yards, said he is undecided about whether he will return for his senior season. Williams said he will fly home to Arkansas Sunday and talk it over with his family.

Most observers expect Williams to enter the upcoming draft.

Junior running back Allen Bradford said he will return.

December 28th, 2009, 12:42 pm

Bruin DT declares… UCLA junior DT Brian Price reportedly announced after yesterday’s win over Temple in the Eaglebank Bowl that he will be leaving school and entering the 2010 draft. The 6-2, 300 Price, who led the nation with 22 tackles for loss this season is considered to be a mid-to-late first round prospect who could be the 3rd DT off the board this spring.

December 31st, 2009, 12:24 pm
GBNDR wrote:
Bruin DT declares… UCLA junior DT Brian Price reportedly announced after yesterday’s win over Temple in the Eaglebank Bowl that he will be leaving school and entering the 2010 draft. The 6-2, 300 Price, who led the nation with 22 tackles for loss this season is considered to be a mid-to-late first round prospect who could be the 3rd DT off the board this spring.

Price seems a bit like a crybaby/problem child to me... Good skills and motor, but he seems like one of those guys that will cry if he's not on a winning football team.

December 31st, 2009, 3:41 pm

ESPN wrote:
Vols' Berry skipping senior year for pros

ATLANTA -- Tennessee safety Eric Berry is skipping his senior season and entering the NFL draft.

Berry said after Thursday night's Chick-fil-A Bowl loss to Virginia Tech that he played his final college game.

Berry, the Jim Thorpe Award winner as the nation's top defensive back, says he wants to help his parents "sit down and relax."

The announcement was no surprise, as Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin said he expected to lose Berry. Berry, a junior from Fairburn near Atlanta, is expected to be a high first-round pick.

"I really did go over every possible situation and scenario," Berry said. "I went over it with my coach, I went over it with my parents. Coach just told me this would probably be the best thing for me to do, just to go ahead and go to the draft."

He had four tackles, including one for a loss of 6 yards, in the Vols' 37-14 loss to Virginia Tech.

Berry was one of the last Tennessee players to exit the locker room and speak with reporters after the game.

"I kind of had to get myself together because I really don't want to leave, but I feel like this is just something that I need to do to help my family," Berry said.

"It was something that I could do to just let them sit down and relax and show them my appreciation for what they have done for me."

January 1st, 2010, 1:59 pm

Sources: Jahvid Best To Enter NFL Draft

California junior running back Jahvid Best was expected to announce Saturday that he will enter the NFL draft, sources close to the situation said.

Best, considered one of the top prospects at running back, rushed for 867 yards and 12 touchdowns before suffering a severe concussion and back injury after landing hard at the end of a touchdown run Nov. 7 against Oregon State.

Best was injured when he hurdled a defender at the end of a 7-yard touchdown run in the second quarter. Best vaulted into the air over Oregon State safety Cameron Collins and then was bumped even higher by another defender before falling on his back and head from about eight feet in the air.

Best's helmet came off on impact and he briefly lost consciousness.

January 2nd, 2010, 6:27 pm
Hall of Fame Player

slybri19 wrote:
GBNDR wrote:

Price seems a bit like a crybaby/problem child to me... Good skills and motor, but he seems like one of those guys that will cry if he's not on a winning football team.

Good. He will be someone else's bad pick that will serve the purpose of bumping one more good pick to choose from down to us in the 2nd round.

January 3rd, 2010, 1:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next