View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 29th, 2014, 2:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Gators' Coach Calls It Quits 
NFL Team Captain

Post Gators' Coach Calls It Quits
ESPN is reporting that Florida coach Urban Meyers is stepping down as head coach.
Although only 45 years old, Meyers has reportably been suffering from constant pain from a brain cyst.

Will he come back? Who knows and who cares.

His main focus is his health and his family and rightfully so.

He may eventually come back and will be constantly asked.

As for me, I hope he can return to good health and a long life.

I hate Florida, but Meyers is the man.

Best wishes sir!

December 26th, 2009, 9:13 pm
RIP Killer

Good post, came here to post the same thing. Hope he can get better, great hard choice.

December 27th, 2009, 12:45 am
NFL Team Captain

Possible replacement for Dick Rod? I know I'm pushing it after the first post but dreams can come true.

Meyers would be a boost for the NCAA wherever he lands, if and when he comes back.

Like I said health and family first.

December 27th, 2009, 10:37 am
RIP Killer

Maybe, but he's at least gonna take a year off. He's got real health issues and needs to get better.

December 27th, 2009, 11:25 am
NFL Team Captain

Now Meyers is saying he will be back for 2010.

Urban Farve?

December 29th, 2009, 10:35 am
QB Coach

Now Meyers is saying he will be back for 2010.

Urban Farve?

Not to nitpick too much, but his name is Meyer, not Meyers. And I wouldn't go calling him Favre just yet. He made one decision, then met with his team and changed his mind a bit. Hardly Favre-like. If he keeps going back and forth, then we can call him that.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

December 29th, 2009, 1:45 pm
RIP Killer

I thought the main concern with Farve is that Farve wanted the attention, not that he kept waffling. I hardly suspect that is the case with Urban Meyer in any regards. He was coaxed back in and has an indefinite leave of absence meaning he HOPES to be back in 2010, but if his health isn't any better then he can stay out longer. It is a nice solution for Florida because they don't lose an excellent coach and Urban still gets the time off he needs to figure out how to get his health back in order. Not really waffling at all, since he is still going to take the time off he needs.

December 29th, 2009, 2:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]