View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 29th, 2014, 3:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 would you take McClain in the 2nd 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post would you take McClain in the 2nd
I know there is no way he will fall to us but if he was there in the 2nd, would you take him? I sincerely believe he would be the best LB out of our already decent LB group.

January 7th, 2010, 4:19 pm

If they could move to back into that 10-15 range I'd have no problem with them selecting him in the first round. They desperately need to stronger up the middle and Rolando would be a big step in that direction. He doesn't get the fan fare of a lot of the recent LBs like Willis and Curry but he has just as much potential and is a well liked leader on that Alabama team. I believe it was midway through the season when Ingram said if he had a vote for the Heisman he'd give it to McClain.

It's been too long since the Lions had a MLB that attacks the play and doesn't just rack up meaningless tackles 4+ yds beyond the LOS.

January 7th, 2010, 6:14 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Honestly, Rolo is my top prospect this coming draft. I hope that answers your question.

January 7th, 2010, 10:31 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

I've been watching McClain every snap that he's on the field tonight. He's been taking on and getting off of blocks pretty well. He hasn't really had to do much in the way of coverage, but he has been reading and reacting to the plays pretty well, even the little dump offs Texas is trying to run.

January 7th, 2010, 11:20 pm

I know that LB is our "strong" suite on defense but I don't think I could pass on a 6-4, 258lb LB that can QB the defense like he has.

January 8th, 2010, 3:19 am

It'll depend on how he times out. Plus do you think he'll move to end? If he runs too slow of a time he may have to drop down and end up playing the 4-3 DE. I liked what I saw, but again the combine will determine a lot.

January 8th, 2010, 12:45 pm

It'll depend on how he times out. Plus do you think he'll move to end? If he runs too slow of a time he may have to drop down and end up playing the 4-3 DE. I liked what I saw, but again the combine will determine a lot.

I don't know if I can see him at end full time but I can see him playing end on passing downs.

January 9th, 2010, 12:41 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I doubt Rolo will run anything near a 40 that will regulate him to play at defensive line. He will be the best LB in this class and will most likely have a Patrick Willis type impact.

January 9th, 2010, 1:43 am

I have no doubts that he can be a good 2 down LB in the NFL, but I'm just curious about his coverage abilities. If teams believe he can cover then he'll be a 10-15 range pick. If he doesn't test out well in coverage drills and timed speed he might drop. Not to the second round though.

January 10th, 2010, 3:24 pm
Varsity Captain

Im getting pretty mixed reviews on him, most seem to think he'll time to slow to be a top 10 pick, and will probably fall to late first based on it. But there def can be a need for the Lions at Lb as Peterson is owed way to much money and could be cut if he doesnt restructure soon. Ive only really heard of him being a 3-4 rush backer thou, and while I like the idea of running a hybrid, I think we all ready have basically a rush LB in Avril.

January 13th, 2010, 2:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]