View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 22nd, 2014, 2:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Jordan Shipley - The Next Wes Welker? 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Jordan Shipley - The Next Wes Welker?
I heard this comparison made last night, only moments after thinking it myself. I think he will make an excellent Slot receiver in the NFL.

I would not mind seeing the Lions take him, but only if he has the speed necessary (combined with his quickness) to free up CJ.

Anybody know his speed, or have an opinion about him. I've watched him in 4 Games this season, and have come away impressed every time.

Also, what round is he expected to go in?

January 8th, 2010, 3:40 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

The guy is a SMART wr. I'd love to have him, but not sure how good he will be. He's not as fast as most would like to see.

January 8th, 2010, 3:44 pm
RIP Killer

Seen a lot of Texas game, he has a great rapport with his best friend and roommate Colt McCoy. He is not a burner, my guess is about 4.45-4.5 speed in the 40.

He is a little faster and a little smaller than Blair White of MSU.

I'd put a third-round grade on Shipley right now and could see somebody reaching at the end of the second given the success of for Texas Tech WR Welker.

January 8th, 2010, 4:05 pm
Profile WWW
Color Commentator - John Madden

I'd put him in the same class as Riley Cooper from Florida. They are both going to be 3rd receivers in the league. I don't know if the Lions really have a 2nd receiver that will take the heat off him to be a successful 3rd. I like both of them, but if they'll be utilized correctly is the question.

January 8th, 2010, 4:10 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

If I was the Lions and our 3rd round pick came up.. I'd grab the guy in a hearbeat if he was still there. Not only would be make a great slot guy.. but he can be a KR/PR too. Plus he has impecable hands.. gives Stafford another weapon to use and for teams to account for.

NEVER GIVE UP!

January 8th, 2010, 4:11 pm

If I was the Lions and our 3rd round pick came up.. I'd grab the guy in a hearbeat if he was still there. Not only would be make a great slot guy.. but he can be a KR/PR too. Plus he has impecable hands.. gives Stafford another weapon to use and for teams to account for.

I wouldn't. I'd love to have the guy, don't get me wrong, but not in the third round. Unfortunately, he'll probably be gone before I'd be willing to take a WR in the draft. It is a position of need but CB, OG, DT, DE and RB are of more importance, IMHO.

January 10th, 2010, 3:02 pm
Walk On

I know nothing of Jordan but I'm going to make my annoucement for Antonio Brown from Central Michigan.

He had a huge GMAC game for the Chipps and fits a need in the slot and as a return man. I wouldnt draft him until 3-4 rounds but he addresses a need and I've watched him play for the last 3 years and he seems to be the real deal.

Just a thought among many.

January 13th, 2010, 6:34 pm
Team MVP

I know nothing of Jordan but I'm going to make my annoucement for Antonio Brown from Central Michigan.

He had a huge GMAC game for the Chipps and fits a need in the slot and as a return man. I wouldnt draft him until 3-4 rounds but he addresses a need and I've watched him play for the last 3 years and he seems to be the real deal.

Just a thought among many.

Yes we definetly have a need for his position(s), and with that said I definetly wouldnt mind drafting him, but not until after rd3.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

January 13th, 2010, 6:45 pm

I wonder what Brown will run in the combine. I've watched a fair amount of his games and he looks good against MAC competition (and MSU...) but I just wonder if he has MAC speed or NFL break away speed.

January 14th, 2010, 12:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]