View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 30th, 2014, 6:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 What's STL going to do? 
RIP Killer

Post What's STL going to do?
I think this is worth it's own thread and there are multiple conversations going on in multiple threads. Had some good info and didn't know where to start, so here it goes...

Quote:
The National Football Post reports that Daunte Culpepper will not return to the Lions in 2010.
Culpepper, 33 later this month, also will generate little interest on the open market. Options for the Lions, who will be searching for a veteran backup: Chad Pennington, Chris Redman, and likely-to-be-cut Rams QB Marc Bulge

Interesting note I found, could be total BS.

Also:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports ... enDocument

Rumors were he might retire, looks like he doesn't want to... but fans are saying they want him gone. Pressure enough to drop him and go with a fan favorite, QB #1 in draft?

Last edited by steensn on January 9th, 2010, 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 9th, 2010, 12:45 pm
RIP Killer

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/0 ... y-cloudier

Quote:
32-year-old Bulger, whose release or retirement would save the team a net $4.5 million under the salary cap next season.

Nice little chunk of change for a guy getting little results lately...

Quote:
But the consensus is that this year's QB crop is ordinary at best, which continues to make Nebraska DT Ndamukong Suh the Rams' most likely No. 1 pick.

"The best option could be to draft a QB that they like high in the second or third round and get a veteran 'bridge guy' to start next year," the insider said.

A "bridge guy" like Michael Vick, who had a history in Atlanta with Rams GM Billy Devaney?

Not so good news... Vick would be an obvious choice...

January 9th, 2010, 12:47 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

What's Seattle going to do?

What does any of this have to do with Seattle? :lol:

January 9th, 2010, 12:55 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
What's Seattle going to do?

What does any of this have to do with Seattle? :lol:

Crap... fixed... Was still thinking about the Seattle stuff I posted just before this...

January 9th, 2010, 10:22 pm
NFL Team Captain

Does anybody have a link to St. Louis fan sites? Just want to see what they are talking about.

January 10th, 2010, 11:44 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

St. Louis should, IMO, take a QB. THis is not me being a Lions slappy, it just makes sense. If they want to take the Rosenberg approach, their offense is closer to being decent then their defense, so they should address that.

If Bulger is released then they will have Kyle Boller as their "starter". They would be looking for someone else, obviously, but it would be a one year wonder type of guy. They can expect to be picking high again next year when both Jake Locker and Ryan Mallett will be the top QB's in the 2011 class.

If the Rams were to take Suh they would have a shot at guys like McCoy, LeFevour, or Sneed in the later rounds. I'm not convinced they would want to go into the season with one of those guys as their QB of the future. Good players, but the fans have had enough. This pick has to be as much PR as it is good football sense. The Rams are almost as pathetic as the Lions in the last 3 or 4 seasons.

January 10th, 2010, 3:00 pm
RIP Killer

Does anybody have a link to St. Louis fan sites? Just want to see what they are talking about.

I've been to the thread for the Rams in Football's Future website. The talk there is reminiscent of Detroit forums last season. Some want Suh, some want a QB. Those who want Suh are pulling for the Rams to pickup a FA QB, like Jason Campbell. I think Campbell would be a downgrade from Bulger. But hey, if they take Suh I'd be happy with McCoy.

January 10th, 2010, 6:52 pm
Pro Bowl Player

The Rams taking a QB would be a tremendous gift for the Lions. Having Suh available at #2 would give us a legitimate chance at trading down, even if it's just swapping with TB.

January 11th, 2010, 12:10 am
Profile WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Google is your friend. :D

Just like any team, there are dozens of fan sites out there for the Rams and I have no idea which ones are better than others, so try several of them. With that said, I have read a few articles/columns from St. Louis sportswriters and they appear to be split. Some want Suh, while others want a QB. I'd imagine that the fans feel the same way.

January 11th, 2010, 10:24 am
RIP Killer

jomo269 wrote:

Just like any team, there are dozens of fan sites out there for the Rams and I have no idea which ones are better than others, so try several of them. With that said, I have read a few articles/columns from St. Louis sportswriters and they appear to be split. Some want Suh, while others want a QB. I'd imagine that the fans feel the same way.

Most folks here last year wanted the LB (Curry), the front office went with a QB to build a franchise around. I think SL takes the same approach and the Lions take Suh.

January 11th, 2010, 10:51 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

slybri19 wrote:
jomo269 wrote:

Most folks here last year wanted the LB (Curry), the front office went with a QB to build a franchise around. I think SL takes the same approach and the Lions take Suh.

It's almost the same situation except they have the Bulger situation. Things change if they cut ties, but it sounds WAY to similar...

January 11th, 2010, 10:55 am

I agree, it is very similar to last year's Lions. This has to be as much of a PR move for the Rams as it is a sound football decision. It's great that the Lions might actually be getting a gift if Suh falls to them. How often have the Lions been beneficiaries of anything good?

January 11th, 2010, 12:12 pm
RIP Killer

I agree, it is very similar to last year's Lions. This has to be as much of a PR move for the Rams as it is a sound football decision. It's great that the Lions might actually be getting a gift if Suh falls to them. How often have the Lions been beneficiaries of anything good?

Draft pick wise we have had lots of chance for success... I just think the execution was the issue ;) Wonder who's fault that is... 8)

January 11th, 2010, 12:15 pm
1st Round Pick

I think the last time we had that kind of luck is when the Cowboys took Aikman#1, Packers took Mandrich #2 and we lucked out with Some RB you Might of heard of named Sanders.

January 11th, 2010, 5:17 pm

Lets hope that Suh, or whomever comes to the Lions has the same impact of Barry!

January 11th, 2010, 8:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 120 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next