View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 6:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Jose Valverde 
League MVP

Post Jose Valverde
Fox sports reporting tigers signed valverder 2 yrs 14 million including forfeiture to 1st rd pick.

On one hand I think the Tigers got themselves a reliable closer at a decent price. On the other hand, the move seems inconsistent with what we ve been doing this offseason (loss of rodney, polanco, lyon, granderson, e jackson) adding cost and losing a 1st rd draft pick.

When looking at the roster the Tigers seem overloaded at some spots so maybe some trades are brewing and if so they may be positioning themselves for a competitive season.

SP Verlander/Porcello/Scherzer/Robertson/Bonderman(Galarraga, Bonine, Figaro, Willis, Miner, Coke)
RP Miner/Coker/Seay/Ni/Perry/Zumaya/Schlereth
CP Valverde
Depending on if Robertson can be solid like he was at the end of last season or if Galarraga/Bonderman can rebound then we may have a solid staff with a complete bullpen and room to trade to help the offense.
C Laird/Avila
1B Cabrera
2B Sizemore
3B Inge
SS Everett
UT Santiago
LF Raburn
CF Jackson/Wells
RF Guillen/THomas
DH Ordonez

January 14th, 2010, 11:04 pm
RIP Killer

couple this along with a Damon signing and I can't NOT see a trade brewing.

We've got way too many lefty relievers and a boatload of #4 OFers. I could see a Raburn/Seay trade brewing during the spring.

February 11th, 2010, 11:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]