View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 27th, 2014, 4:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Declared Underclassmen 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Done and done.

OK. Even though I never guaranteed that Warren would go in the 1st round, I thought this would be something fun to do. I figure I have about a 50% chance of winning anyway.

GBNDR wrote:
Draft D-day for underclassmen … Underclasssmen thinking about entering the 2010 draft have until 4 PM ET later this afternoon to file paperwork with the NFL to be included in this year's draft class. In fact, though, almost all of the big-name juniors have already announced their intentions, however, a number of other potential prospects have yet to make a formal announcement including RB DeMarco Murray of Oklahoma, TE Rob Gronokowski of Arizona, Florida State OG Rodney Hudson, CB Kareem Jackson of Alabama, and UCLA PK Kai Forbath among others. Gronokowski, who didn't play this year because of a back problem, for one, has scheduled a 1 PM ET presser on Friday at which time he is expected to announce that he will indeed be entering the draft after reportedly being medically cleared to resume full workouts, while South Carolina junior DE Clifton Geathers is also believed to have decided to enter the draft. So far, by our unofficial count, 45 underclassmen who have indicated in some fashion or other that they plan to enter this year's draft. That's already above last year's total, however it is still not the flood of underclassmen that many were predicting given the uncertain labor situation facing the NFL in the next year or so. As well, underclassmen who have applied for early entry to this year's draft have a 72-window of opportunity to withdraw their names beginning at Friday's application deadline of 4 PM ET as long as they have not signed with an agent.

And since the above article came out:
ESPN wrote:
OU senior Murray will remain for 2010

Oklahoma junior running back DeMarco Murray plans to stay in school and delay entry into the NFL draft, he confirmed Friday.

"I felt I wasn't done here," Murray told ESPN's Joe Schad. "I still had some more things I wanted to get accomplished with my teammates and become a better player as well."

Murray is one of the most explosive players in college football when healthy. But he has been plagued by injuries throughout his career.

"I won't have to share carries anymore so I will get to play a lot more than I have here and be the guy," Murray said. "My mom wanted me to walk [graduate] as well."

Murray was held out of one game and missed time in others in 2009 with a midseason ankle injury. He finished with career lows in rushing with 705 yards and eight touchdowns.

In three seasons, Murray has run for 2,471 yards and 35 touchdowns.

Murray has split the Sooners' rushing load throughout his career with Chris Brown, who followed his 1,220-yard, 20-touchdown junior season with 749 yards and seven TDs in 2009.

Also, I've been hearing that QB Jake Locker may change his mind and enter the draft.

January 15th, 2010, 1:29 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

When Locker first announced that he was going to be coming back to school I didn't really think he was 100% staying. He would probably be the 1st QB taken this year so he might as well. Does he actually go through with coming out... I'm not sure. IMO he should bounce and get paid now, and not risk injury or a bad season.

January 15th, 2010, 2:39 pm

Don't know if he's actually considered an underclassmen, but....
ESPN wrote:
Gerhart to leave Stanford for draft

STANFORD, Calif. -- Heisman Trophy runner-up Toby Gerhart is entering the NFL draft instead of staying at Stanford for a fifth season.

Gerhart made his announcement Friday, saying he is dropping out of school immediately to prepare for the NFL combine next month and the draft. Gerhart could have stayed for a fifth year because he played just one game in 2007 because of a knee injury.

Gerhart ran for a school-record 1,871 yards and a nation-leading 28 touchdowns this past season. He won the Doak Walker Award as the nation's top running back and finished second in the Heisman Trophy race to Alabama's Mark Ingram in the closest vote ever.

Gerhart helped lead Stanford to its first bowl bid in eight years. The Cardinal (8-5) lost the Brut Sun Bowl to Oklahoma.

January 15th, 2010, 2:47 pm

CFT wrote:
Jackson set to bolt 'Bama
Posted by John Taylor on January 15, 2010 12:29 PM ET
With today as the deadline for eligible underclassmen to declare for the draft, Alabama is, in all likelihood, set to lose another player to the NFL.

According to the Tuscaloosa News, and citing unnamed sources, cornerback Kareem Jackson has told several people that he will give up his final year of eligibility and make himself available for the April draft.

Jackson's draft stock is somewhere, at best, in the second round, and it's very likely that head coach Nick Saban advised the defensive back to spend another year with the Tide.

CFT wrote:
Against Spurrier's advice, Geathers makes NFL leap
Posted by John Taylor on January 15, 2010 11:13 AM ET
While he has yet to publicly declare his intentions, South Carolina defensive end Clifton Geathers will not be back in Columbia for the 2010 season, head coach Steve Spurrier has announced.

And, to put it mildly, the Ol' Ball Coach slightly disagrees with his now-former player's decision to leave early for the NFL.

Spurrier said he advises his players to remain in school if they aren't projected to go in the first or second round. Based on Spurrier's words, Geathers wasn't projected to go that high in the NFL draft.

"Oh, he knows all that," Spurrier, who last spoke with Geathers two days ago, said according to the Charleston Post & Courier. "I still think he should've stayed. But if he's gone, he's gone."

Apparently, Spurrier has been attempting to get in touch with Geathers, but the defensive lineman has shut off his cell phone. He's also not in school and missed a team meeting earlier this month.

January 15th, 2010, 4:08 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

CFT wrote:
Against Spurrier's advice, Geathers makes NFL leap
Posted by John Taylor on January 15, 2010 11:13 AM ET

Apparently, Spurrier has been attempting to get in touch with Geathers, but the defensive lineman has shut off his cell phone. He's also not in school and missed a team meeting earlier this month.

Got it. Red Flag. Don't draft this kid, who ignores his coach the minute he decides hes going to cash in. This is often a tell tale sign of a "Paycheck Collector".

January 15th, 2010, 5:39 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

Underclassmen who filed paperwork with the NFL for entry to the 2010 draft have until 4 PM ET to withdraw their applications if they have not yet signed with an agent.

After the deadline has passed, NFL.com should have a complete list of underclassmen in the draft and I'll post it here when it's available.

January 18th, 2010, 12:38 pm

NFL.com wrote:
Fifty-three players granted special eligibility for 2010 NFL Draft

The National Football League announced Tuesday the names of 53 players who have been granted special eligibility for the 2010 NFL Draft on April 22-24.

The NFL Draft will start in primetime for the first time in 2010. The first round will be held on Thursday, April 22 at 7:30 p.m. ET. The second and third rounds are set for Friday, April 23 at 6:30 p.m. ET. Rounds 4-7 will be held on Saturday, April 24 at 10:00 a.m. ET. The entire NFL Draft will be televised by NFL Network and ESPN.

Each of the 53 players has met the league's three-year eligibility rule and each has submitted a written application in which he renounced his remaining college football eligibility. The deadline for receiving applications was January 15.

The 53 players this year match the total number that was granted special eligibility in 2008. Last year, special eligibility was granted to 46 players.

The players declared eligible are:

Player Pos. College
Basped, Kevin DE Nevada
Benn, Arrelious WR Illinois
Berry, Eic DB Tennessee
Best, Jahvid RB California
Bowman, Navorro LB Penn State
Bradford, Sam QB Oklahoma
Briscoe, Dezmon WR Kansas
Brown, Antonio WR Central Michigan
Bryant, Dez WR Oklahoma State
Bulaga, Bryan T Iowa
Burnett, Morgan DB Georgia Tech
Campbell, Bruce T Maryland
Clausen, Jimmy QB Notre Dame
Curran, Rennie LB Georgia
Davis, Anthony T Rutgers
Dunlap, Carlos DE Florida
Dwyer, Jonathan RB Georgia Tech
Franks, Dominique DB Oklahoma
Geathers, Clifton DE South Carolina
Gibson, Thaddeus DE Ohio State
Gresham, Jermaine TE Oklahoma
Griffen, Everson DE Southern California
Gronkowski, Rob TE Arizona
Haden, Joe DB Florida
Hernandez, Aaron TE Florida
Jackson, Kareem DB Alabama
Jones, Chad DB Louisiana State
Jones, Reshad DB Georgia
Joseph, Linval DT East Carolina
Marshall, Darius RB Marshall
Mathews, Ryan RB Fresno State
McClain, Rolando LB Alabama
McCoy, Gerald DT Oklahoma
McKnight, Joe RB Southern California
McNeal, Shawnbrey RB Southern Methodist
Mitchell, Carlton WR South Florida
Moore, Joshua DB Kansas State
Morgan, Derrick DE Georgia Tech
Norton, Jerell DB Arkansas
Pierre-Paul, Jason DE South Florida
Pouncey, Maurkice C Florida
Price, Brian DT UCLA
Rogan, Dennis DB Tennessee
Snead, Jevan QB Mississippi
Spievey, Amari DB Iowa
Tate, Golden WR Notre Dame
Thomas, Demaryius WR Georgia Tech
Thomas, Earl DB Texas
Warren, Donovan DB Michigan
Williams, Damian WR Southern California
Williams, Mike WR Syracuse
Worilds, Jason DE Virginia Tech
Wright, Major DB Florida

January 19th, 2010, 4:32 pm
RIP Killer

m2karateman wrote:
Bet me.

You're the one that made an absolute statement, while I did not. I just suggested that he COULD go in the 1st, while you stated that he DEFINITELY would not. That's not something that I would usually bet on, but if you want to make it a signature bet, I could live with that. If you win, I have to use whatever signature you want for 30 days. If I win, you have to use whatever signature I decide upon for 30 days. Deal?

So tell me Sly.......how do you feel about Donovan Warren now? Any chances you think he still could go in round one?

April 2nd, 2010, 9:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5