View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 22nd, 2014, 5:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Round 2 
Mr. Irrelevant

I think we need to seriously consider corners in round 2. I also like Iupati in that spot if he is available and think Hardy could fall to the second round.

To me, Hayden is the only sure fire 1st round CB in the draft although I think there are a few others likely to be taken in the first like Donovan Warren of Michigan.

Some corners to keep an eye on are Patrick Robinson (Florida State), Brandon Ghee (Wake Forest), Javier Arenas (Alabama), and Perrish Cox (Oklahoma State). Both Arenas and Cox have added value as kick returners. There are a few others as well.

I also would not be shocked if the Lions go RB in this spot, not saying I would go in that direction, just saying I wouldn't be shocked in the least.

I agree.... I am a big fan of Syd'Quan Thompsons... He's not very tall, but he is fast, has great change of direction skills, can leap with best of them, has great ball skills and he can return punts...

However if Iupati is there and we don't bring in a FA to take the LG spot, he'd be my pick... I think they'll bring in a FA to fit there though...

January 18th, 2010, 5:39 pm
Team MVP

I think there is decent depth at corner so we should be able to land one in the third round. It would be great to come out of the first 3 rounds with Suh, Iupati and a potential starting corner.

January 19th, 2010, 8:38 pm
National Champion

Iupati. The Lions have ignored the gaurd position for to long.

January 20th, 2010, 11:22 am
NFL Team Captain

If they can't get Iupati, Mike Johnson-Alabama would be a great pick if he falls to the 3rd round.

January 20th, 2010, 12:13 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

Johnson played a great game in the National Championship game. I'd like to see him. The last good guard the Lions have had is Jeff Hartings, and that was a long time ago.

Watching the Jets play they have first rounders at LT, LG, C, and RT. Ferguson, Faneca, Mangold, and Woody were all first rounders. It does show, as they are #1 in rushing this year. Just saying.

January 20th, 2010, 12:23 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I've been hoping for Mike Johnson in the 3rd for a while now, but I'm not sure if he'll be there. If he's gone, maybe Jon Asamoah, Vladimir Ducasse, or Maurkice Pouncey will be available. Regardless, the Lions must address the LG position some way, some how this off-season.

January 20th, 2010, 12:51 pm
Walk On

I've been screaming for a guard for years. Mabey we'll finally get one. I hope...... :roll:

January 20th, 2010, 7:15 pm
I've been screaming for a guard for years. Mabey we'll finally get one. I hope...... :roll:

I wouldn't mind drafting an OG or OT in one of the first three rounds of the next three drafts... Our OL is pathetic.

January 20th, 2010, 8:57 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

I think there is decent depth at corner so we should be able to land one in the third round. It would be great to come out of the first 3 rounds with Suh, Iupati and a potential starting corner.

I posted an article a few years back by Ourlads.com that did a study on where starting CBs are drafted... They cited the Lions as an example of what happens when you try to get corners out of the 3rd round and later... If you want to find good CBs you get them in the first 2 rounds... Something like half were drafted in the first 2 rounds and the rest were scattered about the rest of the draft and UDFA....

If you're looking for a starting CB, from what I have observed, your best shot is in the first 2 rounds....

January 21st, 2010, 1:21 am
National Champion

inheritedlionsfan wrote:

I posted an article a few years back by Ourlads.com that did a study on where starting CBs are drafted... They cited the Lions as an example of what happens when you try to get corners out of the 3rd round and later... If you want to find good CBs you get them in the first 2 rounds... Something like half were drafted in the first 2 rounds and the rest were scattered about the rest of the draft and UDFA....

If you're looking for a starting CB, from what I have observed, your best shot is in the first 2 rounds....

True but the lions have the 2 pick of round 3 (66th overall) that's not much different than a late second rounder, and with a draft as deep in talent as this one... who knows?

January 21st, 2010, 9:50 am
NFL Team Captain

Were do you guys think Javier Arenas CB Alabama, will go?

January 21st, 2010, 9:58 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Arenas is one of thos players who really needs to show up at the combine. He could realistically go anywhere from the 1st round to the 3rd depending.

January 21st, 2010, 10:03 am

jomo269 wrote:

Arenas is one of thos players who really needs to show up at the combine. He could realistically go anywhere from the 1st round to the 3rd depending.

He's actually my favorite CB in the draft but you are right--he needs a good combine (that is, he needs to run well) to boost himself into round 1. I think he is a round 2 guy unless his combine is either really good or really bad.

January 21st, 2010, 11:24 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

I think Arenas' size will play the biggest role in where he gets taken. He's listed at 5'9" which means he's really only 5' 7 1/2". His value will be as a return man. Is the second round too early for a return man? Hester went in the second round, but is Arenas as good/better then Hester was in college?

January 21st, 2010, 11:40 am

I think Arenas' size will play the biggest role in where he gets taken. He's listed at 5'9" which means he's really only 5' 7 1/2". His value will be as a return man. Is the second round too early for a return man? Hester went in the second round, but is Arenas as good/better then Hester was in college?

Arenas height situation is another issue that will be cleared up during the combine/senior bowl. I would not be surprised if he really is 5’ 9 or would I be surprised if he is shorter. I think it is interesting though that you say his height will play a major role in where he is drafted but then say his value as a return man. I think speed will play a much larger role considering it will dramatically affect his success as both a return man and corners at the next level. If he runs a sub 4.5 he could drop to the 3rd and a team (probably a cover 2 team) will get a steal. If he runs a low 4.4 or lower he could go in the 1st.
Personally my favorite CB prospects are Spievy and Kyle Wilson.

January 21st, 2010, 12:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next